Pyramids

mra

"you should also consider that mankind must be devolving rather than evolving."
" "I personally think that humans were quite advanced at one time in history, but about three or four thousand years ago we were set back a bit (think "big flood")."

OK, I will think big flood. The climate and atmosphere would have changed greatly. If there was a higher percentage of oxygen in the air, and the air pressure was greater, everything would have been bigger. Plants and animals, and humans. And we have found XL giant fossils. Add the extra strength per pound multiplied by the added size of the humans, and the pyramid would have been easier to build as far as moving huge stones around.
As far as the precision of the stones, and the angles of the various features pointing to stars and cities, the rich atmosphere would have let humans live longer, and be more intelligent. They would have learned more for both reasons.

Lots of info here...
http://greatpyramid.org/aip/gr-pyr1.htm
and here
http://gizapyramid.com/overview.htm

TombReader

'The Great Pyramids were not built as tombs. The fact that they were used as such by later generations does not change that fact.'

Anyone care to enlighten me as to their true purpose then?

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Some speculate that they are in fact a part of a giant calandar or perhaps an early observatory. Later Egyptian pyramids were nothing but knock-offs.
I'm not so sure of these theories, but they do make some sense.

monkey

I believe that the Pyramids are a storehouse of ancient knowledge. Much of this knowledge is mathematical and relates to the Earth and the Heavens.

One of the pieces of information encoded in the pyramids is the number Pi. There are others too such as trigonometric principles. and then of course there is the relative measurements with regard to the Earth.

I believe that there is much knowledge that is yet to be discovered.

Pilot

Even if ancient humans were quite advanced, one aspect has not changed in thousands of years: they had the same behavioral patterns and flaws that we do today.

monkey

How do you know that for certain?

Maybe they didn't.

Maybe they achieved a higher level of Humanity than we have reached today.

Pale Horse

Staff member
I think the only thing that has changed about the modern human culture of today is this, motivation. Our motivations are manifiested in the different areas of science and humanities. We are not different in any other way.

You all know I like obscure passages in the Bible, consider this:

"The LORD said, "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them."

Let that sink on for a bit, as you consider that the event referenced above, towers over the pyramids.

I'd say that if the Pyramids were at 12:00 on a clock and the Dark Ages were at 6:00 on the same clock, today we are sitting at about 11:54, almost full circle back to where we started.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Perhaps, but how is that the same or different than the Mesopotamians, or the Eqyptians, or the ancient Greeks?

Pilot

The reason I know that human nature has not changed is that history records that people were selfish, greedy, mean-spirited, prideful, jealous, kind, gentle, loving, etc. just as they are today. For every example of good or bad behavior you can find today, you can find examples of the same behavior in ancient times.

monkey

But that's just it, that is RECORDED history.

If we are to talk about a long vanished ancient world civilization (and there is evidence of it), then we don't really have any RECORDS of that civilization/society.

The Pyramids, Tiahuanaco, The Sphinx, the legends of the Great Flood, the legends of Atlantis.....on and on.

If this civilization did exist at one time, it's not impossible that they had reached a level of altruism that we are far away from today. .....Or maybe they were just like us. But we can't know for certain.

Pale Horse

Staff member
I never subscribed to ancient civilization. But that is because I don't believe the world to be ancient, as well. To me, it negates the current man, by hoping for something better from those before us. By standing in awe of the simplistic nature of society, we continually add to the diminutive quality of our own current state we live in. It gives us a way out for our unacheived existance, not a pillar of responsibility to stand on for those around us.

Mind you this is only a commentary and quite possibly a narrow view of the world, and humanity as I have come to realize it.

Pilot

I don't deny the possibility of an ancient civilization that was also altruistic compared to modern man. If they did exist in such a state, why didn't they last longer. My observations of history tell me that empires, nations, and city-states lasted until they fell into decay, morally. Moral decay is based in self-centeredness. When people act out of selfish desires, they cause problems for themselves and everyone else. The ancient Hebrews are one example, as long as they followed God's standards of behavior, they enjoyed peace and prosperity. As soon as they abandoned those standards, they encountered problems until they were eventually carried away into captivity.

There may have existed a highly advanced civilization that made modern man look like cavemen in comparison, but as yet I've seen no evidence of it. If one did exist, it was plagued with the same human nature problems we have today.

Rick5150

What things are you refereing to.

The average height of land above sea level for the earth is 5449 inches. This is also the height of the pyramid...

The Great Pyramid is the most accurately aligned structure in existence and faces true north with only 3/60th of a degree of error. The position of the North Pole moves over time and the pyramid was probably exactly aligned at one time.

The Great Pyramid is located at the center of the land mass of the earth. The east/west parallel that crosses the most land and the north/south meridian that crosses the most land intersect in two places on the earth, one in the ocean and the other at the Great Pyramid.

"If true, this indicates knowledge beyond the scope of their abilities. How can they possibly have known the average height of land for the earth?

It kind of makes you wonder what is in the ocean where the east/west parallel crosses...

monkey

Pilot, you ask if there was such an ancient civilization that predated recorded history then "why didn't it last?"

That's the whole basis of the predominant theories concerning it:

The theory is that this ancient world civilization was destroyed by a major Earth cataclysm.

My own theory about it is that this ancient civilization was destroyed when an Earth crustal displacement took place some time around 11,000 years ago.

If you are interested in the theory of Earth crustal displacement it is a theory put forth by a man named Charles Hapgood, and supported by a somewhat famous scientist named Albert Einstein.

But whether it existed or not, I am not claiming that it was altruistic or without evils, I am only saying that it can't be proven one way or the other.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Rick5150 said:
The average height of land above sea level for the earth is 5449 inches. This is also the height of the pyramid...

The Great Pyramid is the most accurately aligned structure in existence and faces true north with only 3/60th of a degree of error. The position of the North Pole moves over time and the pyramid was probably exactly aligned at one time.

The Great Pyramid is located at the center of the land mass of the earth. The east/west parallel that crosses the most land and the north/south meridian that crosses the most land intersect in two places on the earth, one in the ocean and the other at the Great Pyramid.

"If true, this indicates knowledge beyond the scope of their abilities. How can they possibly have known the average height of land for the earth?

It kind of makes you wonder what is in the ocean where the east/west parallel crosses...

Still wrestleing some of these, not so much the height of land, as that changes and seems a rather convenient coincidence, but the land mass one is very intriguing, though I don't believe it is necessarily beyond our scope. The astonomical relationship is also very understandable. It is one of the things that our society has lost, along with our birds and the like, the ability to navigate and orient ourselves simply with the stars...

monkey

It is one of the things that our society has lost, along with our birds and the like, the ability to navigate and orient ourselves simply with the stars... [/B]

Exactly PH

Rick5150

Still wrestleing some of these, not so much the height of land, as that changes and seems a rather convenient coincidence, but the land mass one is very intriguing, though I don't believe it is necessarily beyond our scope.
Hey, I am not saying I believe all this. I think a lot of it is coincidence or simply one of the sleight of hand mathematical games that gives you the results you are "supposed" to get.

Some of the "facts" are a lot like saying "if you take everybody in the world's street address number, add them together and divide that by their average ages and then multiply that by the distance from the earth to the sun (in inches) and divide that by the number of how many pets we owned in 1974, it exactly equals the number of insects thought to be in Egypt divided by the number of gallons of water that were in the Nile (in those days)which of course equals the amount of dust particles in found on the great pyramid during lent. It had to be Aliens. How could we forsee this?" With enough manipulation, you will make a match.

My position here is not what I necessarily believe, but to give alternate theories to keep these ideas coming. I think it is a great debate, but if everybody is going to take the same side, it will be a short one. No matter what evidence is presented, it has not been strong enough in my opinion to completely support any theories yet. If the answers are so obvious, we should be able to build a full-scale replica of the great pyramid using only the tools that were available to the ancient Egyptians. Not just stacking the blocks, but include all the chambers and get them to be within 1/60 of an inch without tape measures and micrometers.

It is statements like this that get me thinking:
"The mortar used is of an unknown origin. It has been analyzed and it's chemical composition is known but it can't be reproduced. It is stronger than the stone and still holding up today."