Discuss Chapter 10 - Family Squabble (DVD chapter by chapter discussion)

Zorg

Udvarnoky said:
What is a better reason to employ a special effect - an airplane crashing into a mountain, or shrubbery hitting Shia LaBeouf in the gnads?

Yeah, that's the small but significant difference. I would've cut that bit out of the film completely, it's not necessary and it ain't even that funny. But that's just me.

Benraianajones

I wouldn' t have had him being hit in the gnads either, but the foilage hitting the camera I don't have an issue with at all. Perhaps sometimes there is too much, but there would have been a lot more in a real jungle anyway.

Marionfan706

I overall liked this scene. It had just enough action, but yet i really did like the family element and Mutts disbelief at indy as his father. haha:whip:

nitzsche

One moment I quite like is a subtle one, but it's when Mutt takes pause for a moment to admire his mother's abilities. He looks quite impressed with Marion when he comes forward into the truck cab, almost as if he was seeing a whole new side to her.

Then Indy calls him 'son' again and it irritates him. Ha!

Darth Vile

nitzsche said:
One moment I quite like is a subtle one, but it's when Mutt takes pause for a moment to admire his mother's abilities. He looks quite impressed with Marion when he comes forward into the truck cab, almost as if he was seeing a whole new side to her.

Then Indy calls him 'son' again and it irritates him. Ha!

I agree. I think Shia is really good at doing those moments when a look/expression can paint a 1000 words.

DocWhiskey

nitzsche said:
One moment I quite like is a subtle one, but it's when Mutt takes pause for a moment to admire his mother's abilities.

I always thought he was checking her out :p

Mutt's a creepy kid.:dead:

WrathofGod

99936393qv8.gif

"You got sole!"

That was a great Indy moment, i was woken up by that shot. I can't say the banter before hand really sold me, it was O.K. i think i was still gobsmacked by the silly quicksand scene.

Stoo

I love the reverberating sound effects the skull makes when Mutt clobbers the driver with it. DoOoOoonG! DuUuUunG!

AnnieJones

I always thought this scene was funny.I like the other funny scenes as well and I the humor in the other movies.I'm a sucker for humor I guess.It's one of the things that makes these movies worth watching.(y)