Indiana Jones V; Yay or Nay?

IJV; Yay or Nay?

• Total voters

FordFan

The fact that they're even talking about a V says a lot about how they feel about the last one. Granted, the movie made Scrooge McDuck dollars, but if Last Crusade was the fourth one, they wouldn't be gearing up for part 5, let's just say that.

Busy schedule or not, if the big three want to put this on the top of their must-do list, they will. Lucas isn't forcing them to use a Macguffin that he loves? Check. They're taking it more seriously? Check. Audiences can lasso their expectations out of the sky and rope them back into a place we call reality, and enjoy this movie for what it is...a movie?

I'm in.

Gear

The Man said:
*No longer a guardian, Gear?

:hat:

Interesting. Personally, I'm still torn. A fifth film would allow the series an opportunity to recover some of its respect lost from KotCS, but this is Lucas we're talking about here. Look at how badly milked Star Wars is. Han Solo's nipples will never be the same.

Also, any speculations that this would be *the last* escapade?

sandiegojones

FordFan said:
The fact that they're even talking about a V says a lot about how they feel about the last one.
They each made about $70 million a piece from KOTCS. I think that's how they feel about it.

I'm sure Lucas loves KOTCS and we know Spielberg loves aliens so I don't think he really had an issue with the idea. I think he was more concerned with earlier drafts that had an actual alien invasion. He felt they were too similar to recent alien films. I don't think they have the slightest issue with KOTCS. Harrison may have certain reservations, but most of his recent films are way sub-par to KOTCS.

I can't imagine any Indy fan really, deep down, not wanting another one - no matter what they thought of KOTCS. The buildup and theatrical run was so much fun. I am absolutely on board for a 5th. I really enjoy KOTCS, and I would love to go on the ride one more time.

Indy's brother

I'm just wondering at what point am I going to go into blackout mode, stop visiting this site, and avoid anything that may ruin the experience for me later. I knew waaay too much going in to KOTCS, and I will not be doing that to myself again if we are blessed with another film.

What Truck?

Sign me up!

As much as I disliked Skull on my first viewing, I've grown to appreciate it over the year following its released, and I would be extremely grateful for one more adventure before harrison hangs up the hat for good.

One caveat; I wish the beards would bring some new screenwriting talent on board. Spielberg's directing (IMO) managed to salvage Koepp's abysmal writing, but I would be far more comfortable with individuals like the writing team at Naughty Dawg (the creative team behind Drake's Fortune and Among Thieves on the PS3) behind a fifth adventure.

The one thing which would energize the series besides some innovative, non-CGI action, is some smartly written dialogue and memorable character interaction.

Morning Bell

robisindy said:
I can't imagine any Indy fan really, deep down, not wanting another one - no matter what they thought of KOTCS. The buildup and theatrical run was so much fun. I am absolutely on board for a 5th. I really enjoy KOTCS, and I would love to go on the ride one more time.

That's one of the reasons why I'd like to see another one. The anticipation and furious discussion before the film was even out was a blast and I'd love experience that one more time.:)

sandiegojones

Indy's brother said:
I'm just wondering at what point am I going to go into blackout mode, stop visiting this site, and avoid anything that may ruin the experience for me later. I knew waaay too much going in to KOTCS, and I will not be doing that to myself again if we are blessed with another film.
I'm with you. I'll follow production info & photos (official ones) and be sure to watch the trailers, but I think I'll keep away from spoilers and rumors this time if I can.

lao che & sons

When Indy 5 does happen (it's almost official with labeouf and marshall talking about it) I know that there is going to be a different writer involved, there always has been and that's kind of a tradition I think should be kept up.

mattzilla2010

Gear said:
Also, any speculations that this would be *the last* escapade?

I think it would be (sadly). Any more after that and poor Harrison would be into his 70s. That's just too old for an action/adventure hero, no matter how fit you are for your age.

I can, however, see them doing one or two Mutt spin-off movies. But I'm not sure how I would feel about that...

muttjones

Indy's brother said:

once its officially announced. then when tv spots are on i'll be running away from the tv. i seriously dont want to know anything about indy V

emtiem

mattzilla2010 said:
I think it would be (sadly). Any more after that and poor Harrison would be into his 70s. That's just too old for an action/adventure hero, no matter how fit you are for your age.

I don't know- leaving the quality of the film aside, I think Connery carried it off well in League of X Gents.

Zorg

Would I like to see Indiana Jones return?

The answer is, very simply... YES! Dr. Jones is always welcome.

At the same time, I do hope they get a stronger script this time.