Lawrence Kasdan

indyjones2131

Why on earth would they NOT bring him back to do what will most likely be the last Indy film?

How perfect to bookend the series with the same amazing writer.

I hear ya! He's got the sensibilities that I will forever associate with Indy. They went to him for Indy/marion banter in Crystal Skull and he wrote Empire! Bring him back!

Darth Vile

indyjones2131 said:
Why on earth would they NOT bring him back to do what will most likely be the last Indy film?

How perfect to bookend the series with the same amazing writer.

I thought they'd had a sort of falling out??? Is it all patched up now?

Crack that whip

Darth Vile said:

Did they? When was this? Did I miss something? :confused:

He doesn't seem to have been reluctant to be interviewed for the 2003 DVD set, and according to David Koepp he helped out with a little dialogue for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull; I wouldn't have expected him to do both of those things if he'd had a falling out with the creative team behind the series, but I don't know...

indyjones2131

I'm not sure what their falling out was, but hopefully they've patched it up. Bringing Kasdan back for on elast great Indy adventure would be a perfect way to end the series.

Mickiana

Yeah, I think Kasdan might inject some of that old magic back into a fifth installment. But we're hoping...

Dr.Jonesy

Kasdan only likes to write screenplays for films he directs.

I believe he only wrote Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi as a favor to George.

I'd love for him to write Indy V but I don't see it happening...

lao che & sons

I know about the 5 movie deal with paramount, but who says that the series should just be limited to 5 movies. i would like to see a more rounded out 6. But still has Kasdan write #5 just to get it gret reviews and get people more interested.:gun: :gun:

Kasdan and Lucas

Darth Vile said:

I think Kasdan sued Lucas because Lucas wasn't giving him as much credit for the Raiders story as he thought he deserved. I could be misremembering, though.

Crack that whip

Huh? I've never heard anything about that. Are you sure? It seems really odd, given that they immediately turned around and collaborated on Star Wars - Return of the Jedi right after Raiders...

Darth Vile

Crack that whip said:
Huh? I've never heard anything about that. Are you sure? It seems really odd, given that they immediately turned around and collaborated on Star Wars - Return of the Jedi right after Raiders...

If you look at any recent interviews (as in the last 10 years) when Kasdan is asked about either Indy or the Star Wars prequels, he's pretty scathing. Even if he's just being honest, it has the potential to compromise relationships. After all, I'd say that Raiders and The Empire Strikes Back are by far the most significant things on his C.V... so Lucas may feel a bit indignant at some of his comments. Still... I hope its all water under the bridge now. :)

Zorg

Kasdan is the man to write part V. Even if they don't get him as the main screenwriter, I really do hope they get him to polish the script until it shines.

Kasdan vs Lucas

Crack that whip said:

Remember, Return of the Jedi was in m production much longer than Raiders, so it is very feasible Kasdan worked with Lucas on both projects prior to the lawsuit.

However, like I said, I could be mis-remembering. As a big fan since the first movie came out, I remember reading the story and being disappointed as I thought Kasdan deserved whatever credit he was seeking. It had something to do with the idea of Nazis searching for religious artifacts and their dealings in occult phenomenon. Lucas even said Kasdan was the one that brought the Nazi/occult relationship to his attention.

It has been so long ago that I could have even read two unrelated stories and just meshed them together in my memory.

TheMutt92

Well, hopefully the Clash of the Titans remake (written by Kasdan) makes him hot stuff again and brings him back to the attention of the producers.

Darth Vile

indyjones2131 said:
Darth Vile, do you know of any of these interviews off hand? I'd really be interested in hearing what he has to say.

I'd have to rummage through... but off the top of my head... the recent Indiana Jones and Star Wars making of books (you know the big ones). He's quite candid in there as far as I can recall. You have to hand it to Lucas, he's quite open to the publication of criticisms in Lucasfilm authorized books.

Niteshade007

He was good early on in his career. But after Return of the Jedi I think he lost his touch. I mean, have you seen The Bodyguard? Awful.

He does have some good ones though. Star Wars, Raiders, Body Heat are all great. He just hasn't done anything of that quality in a long time.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
This was anonymously reported to Jawad (note user number) in 1998: "Indy IV has been under work for almost 4 months. Spielberg who is writing the script with Lawerence Kasdan is trying to keep the project top secret."

Dewy9

He also did something (game script or story?) for Shadows of the Empire, and that was '96 or so, so he must not have been that upset with George & Co.