General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Zorg

They just really, really should've made Indy IV by, say, late 90's. Then KOTCS could've been the fifth, and final, installment.

I'll keep hoping for Indy V to happen, but things will have to move pretty quickly with that. If we don't get anything official in 2010, my hopes will certainly fade. They just don't have 20 years to waste this time.

indyrcks

Maybe George Lucas is thinking about what Indy will go after and it should get under way the pre production of Indy 5.

The Drifter

indyrcks said:
Maybe George Lucas is thinking about what Indy will go after and it should get under way the pre production of Indy 5.

It took him 19 years to "think" of something last time. How hard could finding a mcguffin be? I can think of 20 things that would work.

The Man

Lonsome_Drifter said:
It took him 19 years to "think" of something last time. How hard could finding a mcguffin be? I can think of 20 things that would work.

And therein lies the problem, Lonsome: George is most likely looking for something that won't work.

bergstrom

Lonsome_Drifter said:

If u do, don't mention them here. For every thing someone comes up with, it's ONE less thing he will go ahead with because someone will say he got the idea from the board or something.

berg

Indy 5 and Lucas

Lonsome_Drifter said:

Actually it only took him a few years, as he came up with the general idea during the Young Indy TV series and he told Harrison Ford about it while they were filming Mystery of the Blues. And Harrison's response was something along the lines of:

"Aliens! I don't think so, George."

Harrison's career took a downturn before he finally agreed I think Spielberg agreed a short time before Harrison.

So basically, George had this idea for Indy 4 and was pretty much unbending. It took the other two years before they finally gave in.

emtiem

punisher5150 said:
Actually it only took him a few years, as he came up with the general idea during the Young Indy TV series and he told Harrison Ford about it while they were filming Mystery of the Blues. And Harrison's response was something along the lines of:

"Aliens! I don't think so, George."

Harrison's career took a downturn before he finally agreed I think Spielberg agreed a short time before Harrison.

So basically, George had this idea for Indy 4 and was pretty much unbending. It took the other two years before they finally gave in.

And I still think it was a good idea. He didn't get the approach right initially (I certainly think the way it's handled in City of the Gods/Crystal Skull is better than Saucermen) but the idea of Indy uncovering an alien civilization in the 50's is bang on for me. Crystal Skull could have been a better film, but I don't think the macguffin was the problem.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
When Koepp says ?Somebody has a great idea ? it?s always worth doing? he means "IF somebody has a great idea," right? Because if it was the first I would have expect MTV to follow that thought.

EddyW

Well, at least it's good to hear something new, although it's not much. I'm still really hoping they do another one, I would love to live experience of anticipating a new Indy once more. In that aspect, Crystal Skull is still kind of special to me, I don't think I've had that with any other film before.

Oh, no, please!!! Tell me it's not true!!!

David Koepp worked on "Angels and Demons" TOO!!!

No, just, no!! :( I was hoping for a good film, dammit!!

The Man

The Stranger said:
Oh, no, please!!! Tell me it's not true!!!

David Koepp worked on "Angels and Demons" TOO!!!

No, just, no!! :( I was hoping for a good film, dammit!!

angels1.jpg

"It's a...flying fridge! Balls."

Morning Bell

Indy's brother said:
Brief blurb from mtv.com regarding Indy 5:

--David Koepp on George Lucas.

It's nothing really, but it's good to know that the idea is still being considered.
Full Article.

I think that's part of the problem; Lucas doesn't have time to merely be "puttering away." If this film doesn't become a top priority in the next two or three years then I think it'll be too late.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Moedred said:
When Koepp says ?Somebody has a great idea ? it?s always worth doing? he means "IF somebody has a great idea," right? Because if it was the first I would have expect MTV to follow that thought.

Yeah, weird he said it that way. It gives the impression that the guys have got something cooking.

But then, what would Koepp know? The other screenwriters never knew anything about the next installment. If he does know the status on Indy 5 and it is as he says, then I'll give ya three guesses who's writing it.... ;)