General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters
DocWhiskey said:
Well, it's obvious Indy still brings a smile to The Ford's face. You could tell she could care less about saving the environment and just wanted the scoop on Indy 5 haha.

We can blame her if it doesn't happen! You can tell the smile was a nice F you very much!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Rocket Surgeon said:
We can blame her if it doesn't happen! You can tell the smile was a nice F you very much!

Indeed. Anyone who misses the fact that he hightails it out of the camera frame once that question is asked is just hoping too hard.

Dr.Sartorius

emtiem said:
He doesn't care about looking longer. That's why I quite respect him for not dyeing his hair for Skull.

He might not have dyed his hair for Indy 4 but he did something to make himself appear more youthful. The rigerous exercise he did before the filming probably helped a lot.

I'm sure he'll prep himself in a similar way for Indy 5 if it gets made.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Last week he offered that landmark update freely when asked "what are your plans?" I wish interviewers would take note.

Dewy9

As great as MTV online is, I'm sure his handlers wanted him to talk to some more respected members of the media. He seemed a bit coy, IMO. And I might be reading too much into it, but he said the "script", so have they officially moved past the story phase? Someone needs to go find Uncle George.

To quote Roy Batty from Blade Runner, "Yes... questions!"

Dewy9

Udvarnoky said:
Ahahahahahahahhahahaha

Oh man, I needed that. Thanks.

That's what I'm here for. As silly as they are 97% of the time, they occassionally get some good info on cool movie stuff.

Zorg

Rocket Surgeon said:
It may very well be that he's part of the prologue and doesn't die in the film at all...just that Indy V's adventure pulls a Last Crusade style beginning.

Maybe a lesson he learns from Sr that he ends up teaching The IIIrd.

Yeah, that's how it'll probably go... Not a bad idea. I could definitely see that happening, it would be very fitting.

deckard24

HJJNR said:
Another "report" (rumour) but nothing new in it really.
Here it is!!
All this talk even if it's just from the rumor mill, makes me think the potential story will deal with immortality ala the Fountain of Youth.

On another note, what exactly was Henry Sr. supposed to have died from, because in Skull all Indy says is "Brutal couple of years huh Charlie? First dad, then Marcus."? There's no real explanation, other then he's just 'out of the picture'.

If a V does happen, I'm willing to bet Sallah will be back, and there will be a scene of Sallah bear hugging Mutt.

"A SON? YOU HAVE A SON?!!" HAHAHAHA (in my best Sallah voice)

JP Jones

I hope to God Sallah's not in it. In Raiders he was great, in LC he bored me, and if he's in Indy 5 my brain will just melt.
Here is my options for who I think should return
1. Short Round
2. Mutt
3. Marion

Udvarnoky

deckard24 said:
All this talk even if it's just from the rumor mill, makes me think the potential story will deal with immortality ala the Fountain of Youth.

I doubt they'd go there, as it's way too similar to the Holy Grail.

lao che & sons

JP Jones said:
I hope to God Sallah's not in it. In Raiders he was great, in LC he bored me, and if he's in Indy 5 my brain will just melt.
Here is my options for who I think should return
1. Short Round
2. Mutt
3. Marion

oh yeah! but I'm a bit iffy on Marion. I don't want her coming back again and same to mutt. In fact if you ask me it should only be short round on the opening scene and then no more "old friends" unless it's someone we haven't seen before. :cool:

Lance Quazar

lao che & sons said:
oh yeah! but I'm a bit iffy on Marion. I don't want her coming back again and same to mutt. In fact if you ask me it should only be short round on the opening scene and then no more "old friends" unless it's someone we haven't seen before. :cool:

I would love it if they could take a page from "Temple of Doom" and have Indy already out in the field on some other adventure/dig/trip whatever and then get pulled by circumstance into the movie's main story.

I don't think we need any more scenes back home at the university, they have gotten progressively less interesting each time out.

This would also make it easy to avoid having Marion and Mutt in the story. Indy is away on a trip when things go down while the family is back home.

That would also give us the chance for some brand new sidekicks instead of bringing back the same characters.

Then again, I can't imagine that Spielberg would agree to exclude Mutt, given his creepily paternalistic man-boy crush on Shia Le Boeuf.

Stoo

Lance Quazar said:
This would also make it easy to avoid having Marion and Mutt in the story. Indy is away on a trip when things go down while the family is back home.

That would also give us the chance for some brand new sidekicks instead of bringing back the same characters.
This is EXACTLY what I want.(y)

Lance Quazar said:
Then again, I can't imagine that Spielberg would agree to exclude Mutt, given his creepily paternalistic man-boy crush on Shia Le Boeuf.

... which is so... dramatically sad.

I think we don't want Marion and we don't want Mutt anymore, thanks. They are completely useless characters, exactly as they were in "Kingdom". Not to mention they would steal an impressive amount of screentime with their insulse backstories, exactly as it happened in "Kindgom". To err is human. To repeat an error is devilish.

Literally praying for a PREQUEL