New Acquisitions!!

Kooshmeister

Annoyed because the Making of Indiana Jones never shipped. I asked the seller what the problem was, and was told that they didn't have the book in stock. They apologized and refunded my money. I'm not bent out of shape over it but it's a pretty annoying thing nonetheless.

Kooshmeister said:
Annoyed because the Making of Indiana Jones never shipped. I asked the seller what the problem was, and was told that they didn't have the book in stock. They apologized and refunded my money. I'm not bent out of shape over it but it's a pretty annoying thing nonetheless.
Ha! Belloq? I bet I know where you can find it...and you don't need to trade any of your good pieces.:hat:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Daley said:
Oh my lord, you're right Stoo - I DO NEED that LC Japanese Album!! Pictures from all three films - oh, the things I would do to get my hands on a copy...even a few scanned pages. Wow.

img874a.jpg

002a.jpg

004a.jpg

Image5a.jpg

Image6a.jpg

Billy Ray

I picked up Gentle Giant's convention exclusive Artifact Crate Paperweight yesterday at a local toy show. I got the one with the Crystal Skull. This is really a great piece, I love it, and it scales nicely with the Sideshow Indy figures...

IMG_41102.JPG

IMG_41133.JPG

IMG_41172.JPG

The skull it came with is really nicely done! A lot better than Sideshow's version. I took some shots of it but they din't come out well.

Billy Ray

Ok, I snapped some more shots to compare the skull and also to better show the scale of the crate.

IMG_41221.JPG

IMG_41231.JPG

IMG_41251.JPG

IMG_41211.JPG

I really dig this piece. The only thing that's not that great are the three rubber snakes that come with it. They are just like something you would buy at the dollar store.

IMG_41161.JPG

inky_skin

Really digging your 12" setup there Billy Ray. I recently started getting into Sideshows offerings - I currently have the Raiders Indy facing off against their Rocketeer bust (plus Toht, Henry Sr and Belloq still boxed). I'm finding space an issue when it comes to displaying them. However - that crate looks like a must-have aquisition! Are your Toht's glasses the originals - or the metal ones that some on Sideshow Freaks are recommending?

Billy Ray

Thanks Inky! Yeah, I replaced Toht's glasses with a metal pair I ordered, I think, from Monkey Depot. They are from a DiD WWII Japanese officer figure. Can't remember the name now, Takao, Tanaka, something like that.

IMG_39114.JPG

in anticipation of the Lost Raiders wave arriving in the mail , I picked up the vintage well of souls and map room playsets with vintage Cairo Swordsman, Indy, and Sallah in one Ebay package. $40 but worth it in my opinion.(y)

Billy Ray

My latest acquisitions in my ongoing quest to complete my vintage collection:

IMG_43452.JPG

IMG_43471.JPG

IMG_43481.JPG

The Streets of Cairo playset is in really great shape, as is the Monkey Man. It even came with the original box, which is a little beaten up, and instructions.

German Indy's "rocket launcher" is courtesy of Inky (thanks again!)

Palaceslave_82

Scored two Indy Temple folders full of Raiders/Temple magazines,poster books,etc...lots of stuff here,for only $15.50 after a bit of negotiating at the junk shop I visited...even a Raiders coloring/activity book in great condition,with none of the pages colored.

This leaves me with several duplicates I would be interested in letting someone take off of my hands. PM me for more info on some good stuff you may not have!

Spalkomania

The SDCC figure set has rekindled my interest in Hasbro's figures so I've gone on ebay to try to fill a few holes in my collection. So far I've bought the Grail Knight, Chief Temple Guard and a couple of others.