Worst movie you've ever seen

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Tomb Raider 2: The Cradle of Life. If it wasn't for the fact that I promised Gilles I would review it I would have left.
(though I must admit, it was nice seeing the Cave Troll from Lord of the Rings expanding into new territory. It must be hard for an actor like him not to be stereotyped.:D;))

EvilNazi

Renderking Fisk said:

The Sting II? They recast Newman and Redford! Every print should have been confiscated and burned before releasing to theaters and any theater that showed it should have had an exorcism afterwards.

Half the Roger Moore ?Bond? films.

now that i think of it, youre right. its the worst movie when it isnt even entertaining for being bad.

i didnt see The Sting II, but my father who is a real fan of the first one, liked the second one. not because of the cast, but because of the plot. still, i wouldnt know what to tell you, i havent seen it. i have seen The Sting I. its a good movie.

i dont like james bond very much, but the sean connery movies were entertaining and had a cool style. when i was little i liked the roger moore but now that i see them again, they are awful. discusting. i would say almost all of them. perhaps not because of the plot of some like "the man with the golden gun" or something, but because the whole style was changed into a 70's movie with 70's music.
and the new ones are discusting, real discusting. i hate timothy dalton, i hate pierce brosnan. they are bad bonds, and the stories suck too. too much action, no logic.

why do we have to remember bad movies? all it does is **** me off!!! :) it makes me remember how crazy the script writers must have been to write stupid dialogues and so on. a movie with real bad dialogue and bad plot, and bad direction, and bad and bad and bad.... was "Tennesse Nights" with some unknown actor and Stacey Dash (she is hot but one bad actress). that was such a stupid movie with bad plot, and shallow dialogues.

[Edited by EvilNazi on 08-10-2003 at 07:33 pm]

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I just remembered one...quite possibly the worst musical ever brought to the screen - Newsies.

The very mention of it brings shudders to me. The songs were pitiful. The characters, try though they might, were unsympathetic, largely because they were all cliches, as was so much of the plot. The musical numbers were unimpressive, as was Ann-Margaret's incredible pointless appearance (okay, it did have a point - box-office appeal). The story could have been interesting, but it just wasn't made so thought it would be.
The only redeeming feature was Robert Duvall as Joseph Pulitzer, but that was all, in my opinion.

EvilNazi

if you mention musicals, i would have to say they are all bad because i hate musicals.

"there is nothing shallow about movies except the music industry"-mickey rooney in a simpsons episode

but i can recognize when a musical is good and can understand why people like it and its not bad. its only that i dont like musicals. chicago or west side story for exmple are good musicals, i just dont like them.
but Moulin Rouge is terrible. im lucky enough only to have seen a few scenes because it was aired on tv, but JUK! discusting, bad humor, that constant movement of the camera, the songs...terrible.

WanderingSpy

Worst movie I ever saw? Tank Girl. I never walk out on movies or change the channel after it starts. But I did, it is that horrible.

00Kevin

Indyfan
yeah british....can't argue much with you there

my 2 cents:

1st cent:
to me LOTR is okay, mostly because of the face that it is such an epic journey...other then that, I'm not as thrilled about it as my friends

2nd cent:
HP just SUX! :D

EvilDevo

tremors!? tremors is awesome! are you drunk? (sorry... i had to use it)

lotr and hp arent that bad... not by any means incredible films, but not the worst movies ever

rent "stranded" if ya want a terrible terrible pointless film...

A tie:

In the theater: Boxing Helena / Throw Mama from the Train

Anywhere else: Dune / Highlander II / Sphere / Exorcist II

Last edited:

Montana Smith

BMX Bandits/Goonies/The Big Lebowski/The Phantom Menace/The Rocketeer...

There are so many bad movies that the worst ones have titles thankfully erased from memory.

Forbidden Eye

Dr. Gonzo said:
G A S P ! :eek:

Dobule GASP! :eek: (I also don't think The Goonies or The Rocketeer are THAT terrible(remember, this is worst film you've "ever" seen)).

As for me, I don't know what the worst film I've ever seen is. I've seen some truly poor films, but as far as mainstream films go with so budget and effort put in, She's the Man is the worst film I was ever forced to watch. Made my eyes bleed.

Montana Smith

Dr. Gonzo said:
G A S P ! :eek:

Forbidden Eye said:
Dobule GASP!

The Big Lebowski was just pretentious crap. It has the distinction as being one of the few DVDs that I've erased from my list and sold. Another recent one was Asylum's Battle of Los Angeles knock-off.

Forbidden Eye said:
(remember, this is worst film you've "ever" seen)).

There are plenty of worse films (though not much worse than Battle of Los Angeles), but as I wrote, their names are thankfully lost for the moment.

Dr.Sartorius

BMX Bandits/Goonies/The Big Lebowski/The Phantom Menace/The Rocketeer...

The Goonies is really one of the worst films you've ever seen? I can understand it being thought of as overrated but...ok.

Chicken Little
Ghost Rider
Spider-Man 3

Forbidden Eye

Montana Smith said:
The Big Lebowski was just pretentious crap. It has the distinction as being one of the few DVDs that I've erased from my list and sold. Another recent one was Asylum's Battle of Los Angeles knock-off.

You should give it another chance. Like most of the Coen Brothers films, TBL is one that gets funnier and more enjoyable on each repeat viewing.

I can't believe LOTR is making some people's list but I guess that is what makes these kind of threads fun to read.

Here are mine

Pathfinder
Epic Movie