Should Short Round return or get his own movie?

jamesdude

After Temple of Doom he just dissapeared and was never mentioned again. im thinking they should have either a comic book or film return or at least something that explained his dissapearance.

Dont you guys want to see Short Round again?

Short.Round.jpg

DIrishB

It was explained in the Further Adventures series (when Short Round made a cameo) that Indy was paying for Short Round to go to boarding school in America.

Though nothing was ever mentioned about him after that.

Ajax the Great

In The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones, a book that came out earlier this year, there is a letter from Short Round, indicating that he is indeed alive and well. He seems to have followed in Indy's footsteps and become an archaeologist, and is searching for the Peacock's Eye (the diamond from the beginning of ToD and one of the Young Indy chronicles)...

IndyFan89

He shouldn't get a movie by himself but he should be in the next film, if there is one.

Or maybe a spin off TV show in the style of Terminator or Smallville.

"The Adventures of Short Round"

indy34

Ajax the Great said:
In The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones, a book that came out earlier this year, there is a letter from Short Round, indicating that he is indeed alive and well. He seems to have followed in Indy's footsteps and become an archaeologist, and is searching for the Peacock's Eye (the diamond from the beginning of ToD and one of the Young Indy chronicles)...
Yeah he said he tracked it to Hawaii I think

jamesdude

IndyFan89 said:
He shouldn't get a movie by himself but he should be in the next film, if there is one.

Or maybe a spin off TV show in the style of Terminator or Smallville.

"The Adventures of Short Round"

"Indiana Jones: The Short Round Chronicles" ;)

Nurhachi1991

I wish Chatter Lal got his own spin off.........

I could see it now

Studio Audience: Chatter Lal

Lal holds up shoulders and shrugs

what a great comedy

Indy's brother

Nurhachi1991 said:
I wish Chatter Lal got his own spin off.........

I could see it now

Studio Audience: Chatter Lal

Lal holds up shoulders and shrugs

what a great comedy

Pure. Genius.

Seriously, that's comedy gold!! Maybe Chatter Lal could have a catch-phrase, too?

Nurhachi1991

Indy's brother said:
Pure. Genius.

Seriously, that's comedy gold!! Maybe Chatter Lal could have a catch-phrase, too?

Here is my idea for the spin off it is all about Chatter Lal and his wacky mishaps when being in charge of the young maharaja.

The name of the show would be "Lal"

Lol yeah his catch phrase would vary after every episode but it would always be something bad about the British.

ChattarLal.jpg

Lal: I hear report hards were handed out today what was your grade in English

Maharaja: Well I got a D-

Lal: It seems the British can't even teach their own language

Nurhachi1991

I also had an idea for a two and a half men spin off with Chattar Lal, Mola Ram, The Majaraja

Lal: How was your date last night Mola?

Mola Ram: It was alright.

Lal: It had to be better than alright I did not hear you come in last night.

Mola Ram: Yes it was fun

Lal: Well do you think she likes you?

Mola Ram: Lets just say I stole her heat........

( Lal puts his hands on his hips)

Credits roll.

Johnny Jones

Short Round could be the Maharajah's best friend and they could go around playing all sorts of pranks on Chattar Lal... and Captain Blumburtt could be the wise old neighbor who teaches them the morals in every episode, but then Chattar Lal would tell them it was a pack of British lies and so they'd never learn anything and, ironically, it would cause them to keep playing pranks on him.

Lance Quazar

I think it was a crushing missed opportunity that he wasn't in the pews for the wedding at the end of KotCS.

I almost would have forgiven the rest of the movie.

Udvarnoky

I don't remember if it was Saucer Men or what but there was some Indy script out there where after Indy's wedding he and his bride get into a car and it cuts to Shorty as the chauffeur. I don't care how cheap it is, that would have been a great last moment to Indy4 that would have pumped me up. (Though snatching the hat from Mutt works too.)

Johnny Jones

And why not either of those ideas? Ke Huy Quan (or something like that) didn't screw himself up with drugs like all those other child stars and he looks just like Short Round should, since the gap in real time was only a couple years bigger than the movie one. Surely he wouldn't have minded coming back?:confused:

Indy's brother

I'm not sure that Short Round could be brought back. The reason that people liked Shorty, was because he was a scrappy little kid. I mean, that's like saying that "Punky Brewster" should have a sitcom starring Soleil Moon Frye again, but as an adult. Also, I don't think that every IJ flick needs to be a reunion episode. So, my vote is no. Short round should not return or get his own movie. A picture on a desk, a letter from Round, or some other nod to his character, like a mention of him in the dialogue would be cool, though.

Lance Quazar

Indy's brother said:
I'm not sure that Short Round could be brought back. The reason that people liked Shorty, was because he was a scrappy little kid. I mean, that's like saying that "Punky Brewster" should have a sitcom starring Soleil Moon Frye again, but as an adult. Also, I don't think that every IJ flick needs to be a reunion episode. So, my vote is no. Short round should not return or get his own movie. A picture on a desk, a letter from Round, or some other nod to his character, like a mention of him in the dialogue would be cool, though.

I'm not saying he needs to be back in the movie as a sidekick through the whole thing.

But it was Indy's friggin' WEDDING! Isn't that an occasion to invite old friends, even ones you might not have seen in a while?

The fact that there were NO familiar faces in the wedding scene - no Willie, Sallah, Henry or Short Round, is just lame.

Indy's brother

I just think that the cheese factor in this series has already reached it's breaking point. Just because Indy had a wedding doesn't mean that every surviving character from the previous films needs to be mugging in the background for it. Wasn't it enough sensory overload just to digest the fact that Indy is going to be (very obviously) the hen-pecked husband from here on out? KOTCS was already too crowded with under-used characters/actors. One more would not have made the film any better.

The Man

Anybody else having horrid visions of a forty-year-old Short Round still dressed in his TOD gear..?