Indiana Jones V; Yay or Nay?

IJV; Yay or Nay?

• Total voters

Gear

Simple question, would you like to see another installment?

Last edited:

Dr. Gonzo

I don't think the time frame will work out for the big three. Will it get made? Maybe. With Harrison Lucas and Spielberg all together? Not so sure. Steve has a lot on his plate. Lucas has the time. The sand in the hour glass is slowly running out on Ford before he is just simply too old.
Even with the favorable comments coming from Marshal and LaBafoon, I think it looks a little grim.

graz

Deffo. Harrison could put the hat on and do the Can-Can and I'd still turn up to see it..

The Man

Nay*. Although the Can-Can idea does have an odd allure to it.

*No longer a guardian, Gear?

Hanselation

Of Course!

Yes they can! And yes, I would like that.

If unforeseen circumstances will not be considered, they could do the 5th-Indiana Jones movie if they really would.
Because it is fun to them, like they pronounced,I think they will do anotherone within the next 2..4 years.:hat:

Time Schedule to Indiana Jones V : http://adventure-gui.de

Corporal Kruger

Yay! Wasn't is supposed to be five parts originally anyway?
Although I still like KotCS I would love to see a fifth part that won everyone who didn't like Indy IV back over.

TheLastCrusader

Hanselation said:
Yes they can! And yes, I would like that.

If unforeseen circumstances will not be considered, they could do the 5th-Indiana Jones movie if they really would.
Because it is fun to them, like they pronounced,I think they will do anotherone within the next 2..4 years.:hat:

Time Schedule to Indiana Jones V : http://adventure-gui.de
Heheh, that's pretty optimistic :D.
I think it's more likely that it'll get a 2012 release.

AnImaginaryBoy

I'd like it to happen, as despite the reservations I had about Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, I do think it was at least an entertaining film, and I think there's life in the series yet, but somehow I doubt it'll happen. I mean, I'd love to be proved wrong, and that by this time next year they'll be filming it, but somehow I doubt we'll be getting a fifth wrong - but I'd still like one, as contradictory as that is!

indyclone25

i would love to see another film --- there still plenty of macguffins out there , and ford could still play indy, the can film stuff in such a way and edit it to look like he still has the moves , it may take longer to film but they can do it .

James

Absolutely.

Far from hurting the series, I think a fifth movie would actually bolster it in the long run.

Another film centered around Ford's older portrayal of Indy would balance the franchise out nicely, while lending greater significance to it as a body of work. It's quite rare for the same filmmaking team to revisit a property over a span of three decades. (Offhand, I'm not even sure it's been done before.)

KOTCS would also benefit, as it would no longer be the odd man out. Another entry suddenly makes it a modern franchise- as opposed to an 80's holdover that was merely running on nostalgia. This would improve the possibility of attracting new fans, while keeping it relevant for at least the immediate future.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I voted yes, but that's mostly in hopes of something that's a bit better than the last one was, one that take a bit more care on the rough spots.

James

TheLastCrusader said:
I think it's more likely that it'll get a 2012 release.

Yes, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were eyeing the 30th anniversary of ROTLA. Memorial Day 2011 is still available, so it's similar to what happened back in 2006. (Remember, Indy 4 wasn't officially announced until January 2007.)

It all depends on how much work the story/script received during the build-up to Indy 4. If it's truly something they were working on back in 2005/2006, then I could see it being finalized within the next six months.

Indy's Fist

I wonder if they did make a movie in about 1 to 2 years that it might be great. You know it would be written fast and there wouldn't be a lot of thinking & rethinking, just shot from the hip fast & dirty filmmaking! All instinct, just like the old days!

deckard24

I had to go with not sure yet. I'm just way too skeptical of any major improvements after Skull, and to be perfectly honest, I just don't know if Spielberg has it in him anymore!