From the Holy Grail to an alien spaceship; what next?

Nesmrtelnost

Hello everyone,
as you may see I am a new member of the Raven and as far as I know, I'm proud of it. Frankly, I thought twice before to start a new thread (which goes as my first post) but here is a question I have had in mind for a very long time.
As we have seen throughout the four Indy movies our favourite archaeologist went through weird but amazing situations. He witnessed a spacecraft raising from beneath the earth; he hold the Holy Grail between his very hand (and before all: he never lose his fedora). Well, I have always wondered what would say the Indy-fan community about what Indy can be confronted to. What would you say? Is there any limit or are you ok with the idea that Henry Jones Jr can go through any wonderful/strange situations?

Indy's Fist

I think the important thing is that Indy is always seeking some object that is shrouded in mystery. Whether it be a biblical/historical item like the Ark or the Grail or powerful stones to crystal skulls, these items have a certian way of demonstrating to our hero the layers that make him seek them. Indy seeks facts and accepts them as they are presented.

the hammer42

How about aliens coming from the ark that ritualy take the human heart and let the person live forever by letting them drink from the grail.

Or is that too much?

deckard24

the hammer42 said:
How about aliens coming from the ark that ritualy take the human heart and let the person live forever by letting them drink from the grail.

Or is that too much?
Sounds good, I'm for it!;)

bennihana123

Welcome to the Raven!

I'd like to see another biblical artifact to get back in the Raiders vibe.

Of course an artifact in Africa or Australia could be cool. Unexplored territory. An artifact based on the Norse culture? Snow and ocean could be cool.

deckard24

bennihana123 said:
I'd like to see another biblical artifact to get back in the Raiders vibe.

Of course an artifact in Africa or Australia could be cool. Unexplored territory. An artifact based on the Norse culture? Snow and ocean could be cool.

I'm with you, and for quite some time I've been hoping that a Norse artifact would be used!

agentsands77

I'm very intrigued by the suggestion that INDY V could play up a kind of Hammer Horror vibe, and would be interested what relics could fit in with that. It would be very interesting to see a reversal on the whole Judeo-Christian tradition and focus on something dealing with the Satanic side of that spiritual tradition.

Otherwise, I'm up for anything. If they want to do another Biblical relic, that's fine, but just make sure we avoid the locales we've visited before (I don't want another desert-themed Indiana Jones adventure). I don't care so much about whether or not the relic is striking and original as much as I want the adventure itself to have its own distinct aura. I do think it's about time we saw Indy in snow.

Indy's Fist

They also need to have Sallh in it. He seems to pop up evey other movie. Besides he IS Indy's best friend, better than Mac!

agentsands77

Indy's Fist said:
They also need to have Sallh in it. He seems to pop up evey other movie. Besides he IS Indy's best friend, better than Mac!
Meh.

I love Sallah, but I'm not interested in seeing a lot of returning faces. The more than can keep Indy away from the "Indiana Jones family," the better.

bennihana123

Keep Marion to a cameo and let Indy, Mutt, and Sallah go on an adventure. No Short Round. He wouldn't be funny as a 30-something year-old man

Nurhachi1991

Have Indy and Doctor Emmet L. Brown go on an adventure (y)

Think about it what if Doc happened to bump into Indy at the university! Great Scott!!!!

Johnny Nys

Sallah in the snow...

"Indy, these camels look funny ..."
"They're Sherpa, Sallah."
"Shouldn't have worn sandals ..."

Nesmrtelnost said:
As we have seen throughout the four Indy movies our favourite archaeologist went through weird but amazing situations. He witnessed a spacecraft raising from beneath the earth; he hold the Holy Grail Well, I have always wondered what would say the Indy-fan community about what Indy can be confronted to. What would you say? Is there any limit or are you ok with the idea that Henry Jones Jr can go through any wonderful/strange situations?

Courtroom Drama

Indy's house is raided by Customs Dept officials and made an example in the dawn of a new age of understanding to those who would traffic in the export of the stolen heritage and artifacts of foriegn cultures

Kind of like the Exorcism of Emily Rose, but with Indy.

Action Set Pieces are relegated to the flashbacks of stories told while under oath. (opens the opportunity for Henry Sr to return)

Comedy includes him making comment while swearing on the bible, being flippant about the ark, the grail and powers you can't possibly comprehend.
Breaking out the Hangar 51 stuff and then the government breaks in and sequesters him for national Security...and to assist on a project. It becomes apparent he's just being held in a super high end jail and cannot get out. He has everything he wants but the freedom to come and go, to explore. He reads about a new find by some aquaintence (maybe Mutt?)and trouble at the site and wants more then anything to go and "help"

In true Indy fashion he does...plays the feeble old man and then kicks ass...

Zorg

I don't know, but I just love the idea about Thor's Hammer that has been discussed before here in the Raven.

The most important thing is the supernatural element.

Nesmrtelnost

I thank you all for your concern and all your answers. You know, I have seen Transformers 2 this very morning. One cannot deny, this action and in a lesser extent 'adventure' movie is at the same time great and rubbish. I will not deal with the pros and cons here but I have to say that the basic idea of the first one was nice. Anyway, throughout the movie, I was just saying to myself: "Well, what if Indy meets a Transformer?" Transformer's hero, Sam, is not that deep (as for any character of the movie). I think this movie do not succeed at merging two worlds appart, human and transformers: it is too big. But with Indy, for instance, it would have work; I am sure of that. This reflection of mine is exactly what you have all said about Indy: the value of the Indy's movies is not just the adventure, the action, the strangeness but also and before all: Henry Jones Junior. I think this is why Indy is hell of a great adventurer: nothing is too big for him.

Darth Vile

Nesmrtelnost said:
I thank you all for your concern and all your answers. You know, I have seen Transformers 2 this very morning. One cannot deny, this action and in a lesser extent 'adventure' movie is at the same time great and rubbish. I will not deal with the pros and cons here but I have to say that the basic idea of the first one was nice. Anyway, throughout the movie, I was just saying to myself: "Well, what if Indy meets a Transformer?" Transformer's hero, Sam, is not that deep (as for any character of the movie). I think this movie do not succeed at merging two worlds appart, human and transformers: it is too big. But with Indy, for instance, it would have work; I am sure of that. This reflection of mine is exactly what you have all said about Indy: the value of the Indy's movies is not just the adventure, the action, the strangeness but also and before all: Henry Jones Junior. I think this is why Indy is hell of a great adventurer: nothing is too big for him.

Indy meets the Transformers may be a bridge too far... ;) but I'd go for the more traditional 'Excalibur' quest. Get Indy in the good ole' UK visiting Stonehenge/Avebury and Hadrian's Wall.

Nesmrtelnost

I did not mean that Indy + transformers would be good. I don't think so. What I meant is that a character like Indiana Jones can fit in all possible situations (or almost). Thanks to his reactions, his disbelief in "magic" what would seem to be too extraordinary can become "tangible". Indy movies' creators understood that I think. Indy makes us believe in anything; that's pure magic!
Your idea of the Excalibur quest is very interesting. If not for a movie, it would be a great subject matter for a book.

Dinosaurs, perhaps?

I would prefer Indy to go after a McGuffin with ancient Greek mythology...but Dinosaurs would be something cool to watch too. The new Ice Age movie has a land with "lost" dinosaurs that didn't go extinct. I could see Indy in a King Kong esque adventure. Could be interesting!

I posted this a long time ago but I'll write it again...

a year ago I had a dream about Indy and dinosaurs. Indy is holding a rocket launcher and a trex is running full speed towards him (like the ending of Jaws) Well instead of saying "smile you s.o.b." like from Jaws....Indy yells to the rex, "YOUE BELONG IN A MUSEUM!!" and he shoots the rocket...exploding the rex.

....sounds cool, might be kinda corny though...any thoughts? haha

-IndyFan4Ever
:whip:
http://www.youtube.com/user/AtticProductions08

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Dinosaurs = Palentology.

Please no dinosaurs. They're over done!

Let's keep it less pre-historic and more closer to Earth.

I still like the idea of Eden and you could connect Excalibur to Eden, as the Guardian Angel of the garden did have a Sword of Flame (which is a magic sword essentially like Excalibur!).