What Happens When Harrison Ford Dies?

James Byrne

Indy - like Arnie - will be back!

indyclone25 said:
well i hope that nothing goes wrong in his life , many people reach high age levels even into their nineties, i mean he could die many other ways plane crash , car accident , but i think he will be fine ------ if he were to die the films would end , in my opinion there is only one indiana jones and mr. ford is him

Indiana Jones is up there with Tarzan, Zorro, Robih Hood and James Bond, meaning that no actor who plays him will be as big as the character. Because Harrison Ford was the first Indiana Jones, obviously everyone who follows him will have to match his high standard to achieve success. But make no mistake - the character of Indy Jones is bigger than Harrison Ford, and will live forever.

JP Jones

He has always talked like that. Even when he was in his 20s. He just has a deep voice and talks slowly.
(On a side note, I saw him speak at EAA in Oshkosh)

Canyon

Woah! Let's put the brakes on for a second there! :whip:

To quote Han Solo in Episode IV "I'm not goin' anywhere!"

For those of you who are in your teens and twenties, I know it's easy to look at Harrison and think of him as old, but for me, as a 37 year old, I don't consider 68 to be old at all. :) For starters, people are starting to live a lot longer these days (my nanny made it to the age of 91) :eek: Also, Harrison looks in pretty good shape for his age. ;)

I can see Harrison being around for a long time.:)

Major Eaton

Canyon said:
Also, Harrison looks in pretty good shape for his age. ;)

I can see Harrison being around for a long time.:)

He looks fit for his age, without question.

Taken a few weeks back at Comic Con...
Harrison-Ford-comic-con-2010wtmk.jpg

Even better, live action from that presentation...
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dT5ERxsulio?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dT5ERxsulio?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Watch as Favreau sort of nudges him as he is seated. :D

Major Eaton

From articles I've read, it seemed to me anyway, that they dragged him on stage just as the police had dragged the stabbing assailant out of hall H earlier in the afternoon. Honestly, I knew nothing of the incident before you mentioned it. I now see what you were getting at, Goonie. Hilarious.:D

Doctor_Indy321

What?!?!

I AM OUTRAGED!!! HARRISON? DIE??? WHY, HE WILL NEVER DIE!!! HE CANT!!! ITS IMPOSSIBLE!!! DID INDY DIE WHEN HE WAS BEING CHASED BY THE BOULDER??? DID HAN DIE WHEN HE WAS BEING SHOT AT BY IMPERIAL TROOPS IN THE DEATH STAR, A HIGHLY SECURED SPACE STATION??? I THINK NOT!!!!!

HARRISON SHALL LIVE FOR ALL ETERNITY!!!!!

Montana Smith

Nasty thread. We hates it, my precious! :mad:

I'm in denial. :(

Imagine and Indy-like Harrison swimming across 'de Nile', crossing over into the Western Lands, to the last resting places of the god-kings, and discovering the key to immortality... :D

Calo

Goonie said:
^They brought him out in handcuffs. Is he the one that did the pen stabbing in Hall H?

:whip: :p

I thought the same thing at the time.

I didn't realize it was a joke after a few minutes.:p

Lance Quazar

Montana Smith said:
And that's really saying something, based on some of the recent threads! :D

I was going to say that, but held off. Agreed 110%. Thanks, once again, for putting my thoughts into words.

:)

Mickiana

That Comic Con interview was gold. Stuff all was said but it was great to see Harrison, who is normally publicity-shy, obviously enjoying himself. Harrison is looking great for his age, is totally fit for an Indy5, and yeah sure he will die one day, probably in an heroic helicopter crash trying to rescue someone from a volcano or something, but the mantle (the hat) will pass on to someone else who is hopefully very deserving of it. As someone previously said, Indiana Jones is even bigger than Harrison Ford - he will continue.

Harrison Ford has longevity in his genes, his father lived to be 92 and his mother lived to be 87. I think the franchise has one more movie left in it and Harrison Ford at 68 is still fit and will see it to completion easily.

AndyLGR

This may be a totally crazy idea. But having seen Tintin last night, I wonder if there is scope in the future to use a younger version of Harrison Ford in a similarly animated movie. Even long after Harrison Ford has hung up the bullwhip these movies could go on forever if they used motion capture cgi/animation. Anyone can do the motion capture as long as the likeness on screen is Indy as we know him. Maybe a daft idea, but its just something I thought of when watching the movie.