Jurassic World

roundshort

Indy Brazil said:
jurassic-park-redemption-20100323114655103.jpg

It?s been 13 years since little Tim and Lex Murphy escaped from the island of Isla Nublar, and recent public opinion has reversed, with the world clamoring for authorities to re-open Jurassic Park! While Tim and Lex try to preserve the Hammond family name, a secret deal is hatched to open a new park! This time they?ll get it right? right?

http://comics.ign.com/articles/107/1079284p1.html

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/03/26/a-new-jurassic-park-sequel-coming-in-comic-book-form/

IS it just me or does this look like the old Calvin and Hobbs Cartoon dinosaurs?

The Man

Will they find a way..?

Spielberg has been meeting with screenwriter Mark Protosevich to kick around ideas for how to re-boot the Jurassic Park franchise.

(Spielberg) has since met twice with Protosevich to fashion a story for a potential fourth film in the franchise.

TheMutt92

The Man said:
Will they find a way..?

I still don't know how I feel about this. The first film is perfect, a modern classic. The second, while flawed, is still entertaining. But JPIII on the otherhand was just a waste of talent and ideas in my opinion. A fourth film would have to be really good for me to fully commit to a relaunch of the franchise.

Mungi

The Man said:
Will they find a way..?

I am very excited about this news, I love the original and the first sequel (don't like the third much...), they were the movies of my childhood. This is gonna be a great year for JP fans (the blu ray and a new game coming at the end of the year), and now this surprising news!

I think if Spielberg has an idea, it can't be bad. I'm glad he's interested in giving us one more movie. Hopefully he'll give us a worthy final of the series!:) We'll see if they are gonna do it. Fingers crossed!

Montana Smith

I saw this bit of news and was posting it here this morning, but lost interest halfway through and deleted it.

(There was far more exciting news in the world of Batman that was holding my attention ;))

The mad Jurassic Park 4 film that was never made

Dinosaurs with guns?

By Ben Skipper | Yahoo UK Movies Features ? Thu, Jun 21, 2012 14:29 BST

?Jurassic Park 4? took one step closer to becoming a reality on Thursday morning with ?Rise of the Planet of the Apes? duo Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver signed up to pen the script.

Steven Spielberg, who directed the classic original and its sequel in the 90s, announced last summer that plans were afoot and was discussing ideas with Mark Protosevich, the writer behind 2007?s ?I Am Legend?.

Thursday?s reports make the much-delayed project seem that bit more tangible, though we?re still waiting on news of a director and the cast.

Whatever direction Jaffa and Silver take the franchise though, it can?t be as barmy as the ?Jurassic Park 4? script written by ?The Departed? screenwriter William Monahan back in 2007. Simply put, it would have been the maddest Hollywood movie ever made.

Steven Spielberg himself came up with the initial story, which he apparently referred to as "the mother of all ideas".

According to AICN?s review of the script it begins with a pterosaur attack on a baseball game and soon finds its soldier of fortune lead character on the original film?s island Isla Nublar, searching for the shaving cream can Dennis Nedry (Wayne Knight) used to try and steal away DNA samples for a rival company in the first film.

It then takes a turn for the worse as Nick is captured by the company which took over Jurassic Park. He then wakes up in a medieval castle in the Alps, imprisoned by the corporation who are genetically engineering their own dinosaurs... to use as soldiers.

They are described as like a ?miniature T-Rex?, with modified fore-arms, dextrous fingers, dog DNA for extra obedience but human DNA so they can solve problems. Yes, this was really in the script.

Nick is tasked with training the dinosaurs, who he names Achilles, Hector, Perseus, Orestes and Spartacus (after warriors from Ancient Greek myth and classical Rome) and taking them on missions involving them killing drug dealers. The review didn?t go into much detail for the final third of the story, but hinted at ?set pieces that are much, much bigger than anything we?ve seen in the other films, and much crazier.?

This version never saw the light of day. Perhaps it would?ve been too expensive. Perhaps Universal saw sense and decided it was just too bonkers. Whatever the reason, plans to revive the franchise stalled in 2007 and stopped completely after original author Michael Crichton sadly passed away the following year.

A series as lucrative as ?Jurassic Park? was never likely to stay dead forever though, and the latest incarnation of the sequel probably won?t follow the same militarised dinosaur path. Jaffa and Silver helped make a movie about a monkey taking over the world seem fairly realistic, and we expect their ?Jurassic Park 4? to be a bit more grounded.

Our idea? We?d like to see it set in a new dino theme park, this time in full swing and open to the public before the dinosaurs naturally escape. When the army are called in to save the day they draft a knowledgeable scientist like Ian Malcolm or Alan Grant to head up a group of marine types tasked with saving the day. Think ?Aliens?... but with dinosaurs. Hollywood, that one?s on us.
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/the-mad-jurassic-park-4-film-that-was-never-made.html

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Frank Marshall, December 2008:
"No... I don't know. You know, when Michael Crichton passed away, I sorta felt maybe that's it. Maybe that's a sign that we don't mess with it."
"We don't have a story."
"At this point, you could call it a long shot."
July 2012:
“I would say that it will be on the screen within two years.”

Supernatural

This is bad.

Rumor: Jurassic Park reboot may be on the horizon

Posted on June 17, 2011 - 09:42 by CB Droege

Will Steven Spielberg delay plans for Jurassic Park 4 in favor of a complete reboot?

Steven Spielberg, director of the first two Jurassic Park films and exec producer of the third, has been meeting with Mark Protosevich, who wrote I Am Legend and Thor, in regards to penning a new script for the fourth film.

There has been no announcement as to what form the film (which has been in development hell for about 3 years under the working title Jurassic Park: Extinction) will take.

Long speculation has assumed that this film would be another sequel to the original blockbuster, one which takes the story yet further from the confines of the original, now mostly irrelevant, novel by Michael Crichton.

The rumor now, however, is that Spielberg is more interested in a reboot than a sequel.

Special effects, and especially 3D filming, have come so far since the original film that it could be vastly updated for modern audiences.

In addition a remake always allows for new interpretations, and the ability to tie the story to more relevant modern social, political, and technological concerns.

Is this film really deep and pervasive enough to need a reboot?

I?m not sure it does, but I?d be happier to see that over another mediocre sequel. Jurassic Park 4 would be "oh, another Jurassic Park, finally," while a Jurassic Park reboot would a major film event, a touchstone of cinema history getting a facelift, and not just a Lucasian remastering, but a real readaptation for modern audiences.

Sure it?s just a rumor, but I?m willing to root for it.

kongisking

Supernatural said:

Will Steven Spielberg delay plans for Jurassic Park 4 in favor of a complete reboot?

Steven Spielberg, director of the first two Jurassic Park films and exec producer of the third, has been meeting with Mark Protosevich, who wrote I Am Legend and Thor, in regards to penning a new script for the fourth film.

There has been no announcement as to what form the film (which has been in development hell for about 3 years under the working title Jurassic Park: Extinction) will take.

Long speculation has assumed that this film would be another sequel to the original blockbuster, one which takes the story yet further from the confines of the original, now mostly irrelevant, novel by Michael Crichton.

The rumor now, however, is that Spielberg is more interested in a reboot than a sequel.

Special effects, and especially 3D filming, have come so far since the original film that it could be vastly updated for modern audiences.

In addition a remake always allows for new interpretations, and the ability to tie the story to more relevant modern social, political, and technological concerns.

I?m not sure it does, but I?d be happier to see that over another mediocre sequel. Jurassic Park 4 would be "oh, another Jurassic Park, finally," while a Jurassic Park reboot would a major film event, a touchstone of cinema history getting a facelift, and not just a Lucasian remastering, but a real readaptation for modern audiences.

Sure it?s just a rumor, but I?m willing to root for it.

I'm tempted to pull an Ian Malcolm here...

Oh, hell, I'll go for it:

"Your producers were so focused on whether or not they could, that they never stopped to think if they should!"

:rolleyes:

Dr. Gonzo

Supernatural said:

I’m not sure it does, but I’d be happier to see that over another mediocre sequel. Jurassic Park 4 would be "oh, another Jurassic Park, finally," while a Jurassic Park reboot would a major film event, a touchstone of cinema history getting a facelift, and not just a Lucasian remastering, but a real readaptation for modern audiences.

Sure it’s just a rumor, but I’m willing to root for it.

I'm sorry, where is this rumor coming from again? And it's dated last year? Hmmmm...

From what I know the original Jurassic Park is getting the 3D conversion treatment for wide theatrical re-issuing and the studio just hired the "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" writers in June of this year to pen a SEQUEL...

Whoever your source is needs to check their source.

Supernatural

My mistake. I didn't notice the date.
Just google Jurassic Park 4 and you'll see all kinds of reboot rumors from last year.
But now they're saying it'll be a direct sequel with a new cast by 2014.

IndyBr

Brooke Logan said:
I liked the movies and the book (I only read one, I don't know if there were others) so I would see it.

There's two books, "Jurassic Park" and "The Lost world". But oddly enough the second movie is nothing like the book it's based on.

Dr. Gonzo

IndyBr said:
There's two books, "Jurassic Park" and "The Lost world". But oddly enough the second movie is nothing like the book it's based on.
Many differences in the first book as well. ie John Hammond being killed by compys.

kongisking

Dr. Gonzo said:
Many differences in the first book as well. ie John Hammond being killed by compys.

I actually preferred Attenborough's portrayal, as I think it made Hammond more than just your dime-a-dozen evil scheming businessman. It made him quite sympathetic, and you do feel bad for him, in spite of his stupidity, at the very end for the park not working out.

Just one of the things that made JP1 a fantastic motion picture. Good work there, Koepp. You're capable of really strong characters when you try (War of the Worlds comes to mind for me...).

IndyBr

Dr. Gonzo said:

True, but the second movie and the second book have very little in common.

Brooke Logan

IndyBr said:

Ah, okay. I thought there was another book.

I wonder why they didn't make the movie like the book. I always wonder why movie-makers don't try to make a movie as similar to a book as possible. Obviously I understand some changes have to be made to adapt a book to film, but for the most part, if I made movies, I'd look at a book a film was being based on as basically being the script.

In the first book, I believe Jeff Goldblum's character dies? Which didn't happen in the movie.

Also, I thought Ellie Satler and Sam Neill's character weren't romantically involved in the book as in the movie? (I'm sorry I've drawn a blank on the main character's name, it's been years since I saw these films)