Star Wars/Indy crossover story in new comic!

yodazone

The "Star Wars/Indiana Jones" crossover story from Star Wars Tales #19 (by Haden Blackman and Sean Murphy which features Indy and Shortround discovering a crashed Millenium Falcon) gets reprinted in a new comic exclusive for fans who join the Star Wars Official Hyperspace Fan Club and order a Member Kit!

Here's an exerpt of what Star Wars Editor Randy Stradley mentioned in the Dark Horse Forums:

"The comic is all reprint material (except for Pablo Hidalgo's hilarious Star Wars send-ups of classic comic book ads). It features the Tsuneo Sanda frontispiece from Panel to Panel Volume 2 as its wraparound cover, and includes the Commander Cody story from the 2006 Free Comic Book Day comic (by myself and Doug Wheatley) and Haden Blackman and Sean Murphy's Star Wars/Indiana Jones "crossover" story from Star Wars Tales #19"

http://www.darkhorse.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=12919&start=15&sid=c0a93b2a5ba7c0fe67ab47cd84ec0197

Here's what the cover of the exclusive comic looks like:

5.jpg

The price for the Membership Kit is $14.95 and can be ordered here:

http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/about/news/news20080204.html

Great collectable for Indy comic fans!

(y) (y) (y)

Last edited:

yodazone

The "Star Wars Tales" 1-20 stories weren't exactly canon either but there is an Indy appearance & Shortround in that short story.

It at least deserves some comic recognition! Especially when it features Han Solo and Indiana Jones together in the last page!

:D :D :D

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I remember that last page. Hilarious stuff. Indy sees this wall with this strange huge marking and it's in fact, the Millenium Falcon and Shorty is asking him what it is and Indy sure as hell doesn't have a clue. :cool:

yodazone

The story is also available in these back issues too (with art and variant photo covers):

12578.jpg
12582.jpg

I like how they hyperspaced into this universe where they land on an "Endor-like" planet (Earth) and crash into the jungle to be found by Indy! Wonder what became of Chewbacca at the end of the story.....

(y) (y) (y)

OhioJones

yodazone said:
The story is also available in these back issues too (with art and variant photo covers):

12578.jpg
12582.jpg

I like how they hyperspaced into this universe where they land on an "Endor-like" planet (Earth) and crash into the jungle to be found by Indy! Wonder what became of Chewbacca at the end of the story.....

(y) (y) (y)

He becomes a legend: Big Foot.

It would just suck if that's how Han Solo died! :dead:

Stoo

yodazone said:
The "Star Wars Tales" 1-20 stories weren't exactly canon either but there is an Indy appearance & Shortround in that short story.
I've read that Grey Cloud from "Mystery of the Blues" is also with them. Is this true?:confused:
I really want this one but don't think I'll be ordering this "exclusive" membership kit.
All the same, thanks for the info, yodazone!

yodazone

I finally got the fan club comic with the "Indy/Star Wars" story! Looks Great!

mmmmmmm.jpg

Highly recommend to any Indy comics completists!

(y) (y) (y)

Stoo

So, how 'bout Gray Gloud? Is he in it, or no? (See Post #9);)
Congrats on your score!

Agent Z

G-Man said:
Yet... but
when the temple of akator turns out to be the millennium falcon...
;)

:eek:

:p

I swear if that happens when I'm watching KOTCS next month, I may just give up on movies altogether....not out of anger, but out of a normal human response to pure unfiltered BIZARRE! :p

yodazone

Stoo said:
So, how 'bout Gray Gloud? Is he in it, or no? (See Post #9);)
Congrats on your score!

ummm....about Grey Cloud...they don't exactly reference him by name in the story but here's the page where it might be him:

SWT9.jpg

Can't tell if it's him but Shortround's in the story!

(y)

Stoo

yodazone said:
ummm....about Grey Cloud...they don't exactly reference him by name in the story but here's the page where it might be him:

Can't tell if it's him but Shortround's in the story!

(y)
Hmmm...Looks too young to be Grey Cloud. Doesn't this story take place in 1949
(only 1 year before "Mystery of the Blues")? Maybe it's Grey Cloud's son...:)

Anyway, thanks a million for posting that scan, yodazone! I appreciate it!(y)

Lao_Che

Stoo said:
Hmmm...Looks too young to be Grey Cloud. Doesn't this story take place in 1949
(only 1 year before "Mystery of the Blues")? Maybe it's Grey Cloud's son...:)

Anyway, thanks a million for posting that scan, yodazone! I appreciate it!(y)

Where'd you get the date from?