Black Suit Vogel....kinda!

Lance Quazar

An exclusive SDCC Hasbro Marvel Universe four-pack

Hmm...that Red Skull body looks awfully familiar!

Marvel_70_Years_0063.jpg

Funny how Hasbro keeps using IJ parts for their exclusives even though we'll never get the figures the way they should be!

inky_skin

Nice spot Lance - now who do I have to kill to get one ?!

So the current tally of repurposed Indy toys is as follows...

Marvel Universe Red Skull - Vogel
GI Joe Cobra Commander - Unproduced Wave 5 Toht
GI Joe Croc Master - Indy whip (and possible use of ToD deluxe croc - unconfirmed)
Wolverine Deluxe Movie Figure - Mutt's motorbike
GI Joe 'Montezuma' Pack - Unproduced Sir Richard skeleton (unconfirmed)

And not forgetting that the base for the Akator playset was originally tooled for the Star Wars line.

I have a feeling Hasbro will want to recoup some more costs...so keep your eyes open for further re-use !

Last edited:

inuvuwow

I'll do you one better with Akator. It actually dates back to the Boulder Hill playset from M.A.S.K. waaaaay back in the 80's.

inky_skin

inuvuwow said:
I'll do you one better with Akator. It actually dates back to the Boulder Hill playset from M.A.S.K. waaaaay back in the 80's.

Wow - now that's recycling ! Thanks for the intel...

thelaw

Kooshmeister said:
Just remember, Vogel in his black outfit wore a white short and black tie, not an ascot/scarf like with his desert uniform. (y)

He also didn't have a white/grey hat on, so we'll already have to make some minor modifications to our existing head. Still worth getting to avoid all that intricate painting on our existing Vogel bodies. Check the TLC screenshots. Red Skull's paintscheme is disturbingly close to Vogel's black uniform (almost as if the paint master was designed FOR a future Vogel repaint sometime in 2009...which of course might have now been the past had the line continued *sniff*). Even the green armband would make sense if Hasbro wanted to go that extra mile to avoid the Nazi connotations.