General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

JP Jones

kongisking said:
A friend of mine, who for the record despised KOTCS, think Bermuda Triangle absolutely sucks. He is utterly convinced that the only Indy film that could work in a 50's setting would be one concerning a Chinese artifact, with China as villains. He's really into China and Japan culture. It should also be noted that he thinks Naruto rules, so he probably secretly hopes that there will be ninjas in Indy 5.
And the return of a older more AWESOME Short Round or as he will be called in Indy 5, Tall Strait.:D

Indy's brother

So. Only one news source has reported a denial, wrap.com. And that was a direct response to wrap.com's particular inquiry. The denial isn't easy to find by searching the net, you have to know specifically where to search, and nobody else is picking up on it. Perhaps because it isn't as sensational as the rumor itself. I wonder if we'll hear anything more soon by way of an official press release, comment, or a at least a tweet.

emtiem

jasperjones said:
Can anyone clear this up for me - I read/ heard that they had planned to do the Jungle sequences on location and practical but the tornado that hit meant they had no choice but to put in a lot more CG... Certainly the Mutt/ Spalko duel and even the monkeys I think were supposed to be more practical. Can anyone else remember this or am I talking junk?

I don't know about that: I think to be honest because of the grading/lighting a lot of it looks faker than it actually is- the jungle is a location, after all. And the Mutt/Spalko duel was actually acted out for real by a couple of stuntpeople on real moving vehicles, but the greenscreen bit with the actors sticks in the mind more, sadly.

jasperjones said:
I think part of the problem with Skull was it got a little cosy. Certainly the family dynamic would be tricky to sustain for an entire movie I think.

Cosy's the right word. I didn't mind the family being along, but there was a sense of peril missing, sadly. More danger and gruesomeness needed, I think! :D

Indy's brother

Another Denial

This time from Lucasfilm, according to pajiba.com

The Bermuda Triangle news has been debunked according to a tweet from USA Today writer Anthony Breznican: ??Lucasfilm tells me flat-out: #IndianaJones 5 rumors, Bermuda Triangle, etc, are completely bogus. Not happening.?

Montana Smith

Indy's brother said:
This time from Lucasfilm, according to pajiba.com

Well, at least that puts the rumour to bed.

Unless...

Lucasfilm is trying to keep a secret that's fled the nest without their say-so. They like to have official press releases. But even that seems far-fetched, considering that, eventually, this same story would come out anyway.

Methinks somebody is having a poke at Indy fans.

Silvor

Sniff, sad sad news with the denial reports :(
If nothing else, this should show the beards that the whole word really wants another film bad I hope. At least that's something.

belzig

Frank Marshall has responded to the Indiana Jones 5 rumor with the following tweet:

"The rumor about INDY 5 is completely false. Nothing has changed, we are not shooting next year and still in the research phase..."

Montana Smith

belzig said:
Frank Marshall has responded to the Indiana Jones 5 rumor with the following tweet:

"The rumor about INDY 5 is completely false. Nothing has changed, we are not shooting next year and still in the research phase..."

Then I can breathe a sigh of relief that it's possible that Shia will not have a central role.

lao che & sons

belzig said:

what's new here? If Indy 5 happens it's going to happen in 5 or so years. When Harrison is retired or 6 feet under:rolleyes:

indyjones2131

Not shooting next year? Paramount said the same thing.

I'm all for them waiting to get the script right, but they waited 20 years for KOTCS and well...

But if they don't shoot next year, then we're looking at 2013 at the earliest for release?

Geez.

Should they wait so long?

kevster

@Mitchell: I don't understand, You are saying there's still a (big?) possibility that Indy5 get filmed next year, so why do we hear those " we are not shooting next year" messages? Are they holding something back?, something you know ;)

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
lao che & sons said:
what's new here? If Indy 5 happens it's going to happen in 5 or so years. When Harrison is retired or 6 feet under:rolleyes:

Zombie genre? That is one area they haven't gone after yet... Raiders of the Undead in 3D! Moving on to other topics now . . .

foreignerfred

Mitchellhallock said:
Zombie genre? That is one area they haven't gone after yet... Raiders of the Undead in 3D! Moving on to other topics now . . .

So, is there any more to your original post the ushered in this tidal wave, Mitch?

I, for one, believe there's more to this story than "OFFICIAL DENIALS!" If something's a secret, you don't want people to know about it, right?

Darth Vile

If something is a "secret" then it shouldn't be mentioned at all (especially on a dedicated site like this). Otherwise, I'd appreciate just the facts/rumblings as they are known or nothing at all. :)

Dewy9

And I'm going back to thinking that Indy 5 will sadly not happen.

I think the Bermuda Triangle could have been a great story element. Bring back the Russians and get Cuba involved. The Bermuda Triangle is one of the last mysterious places in the world and I'm sure they could have come up with something compelling.

foreignerfred

Dewy9 said:
And I'm going back to thinking that Indy 5 will sadly not happen.

I can't believe the fans here sometimes. Since when does Hollywood give straight answers about billion dollar franchises? About anything?!

Fickle and blown about by everything. Website says yes, website says no, website says maybe so. Without an official announcement from the Beards, we're left with blind belief anywhere you turn on this topic.

But one belief fully considers what Hollywood DOES do with a movie that did amazing worldwide just a couple years ago, a star that says he's ready to get at a sequel, and creators that admit they're working on it.

RedeemedChild

I think I know why nothing solid has come out of Lucas Film regarding Indiana Jones V.

While I was taking a tour of Art Institute of Atlanta-Decatur last week, the admissions officer was talking to my parents and I about technology and the ability to recreate actors even after they have been long dead or have simply ceased acting. The admission officer then went on to show us a demonstration video of the technology in action and I was quite impressed as the lady in the video looked so lifelike that it was unbelievable. We then talked about Heath Ledger and Brandon Roth and how similar technology was utilized in Batman: The Dark Knight after the death of Heath Ledger and how it was used in Superman Returns and we also discussed how George Lucas might be preparing to use the same technology to give us a younger Indiana Jones without having to actually use Harrison Ford.

With that in mind, perhaps the next Indiana Jones movie won?t be a sequel to Crystal Skull but rather a prequel to Raiders of the Lost Ark.