Me in my thuggee outfit and more...

Canyon

Hi there. I posted this in the events section with just the first picture attached but thought this would be more relevant in this section (and have added extra pictures)

I recently attended an Indy summit in New York and thought you'd like to see some pics. :D

Here is a picture of me in my newly put together Chief Thuggee outfit, and my boyfriend in his new LC Sallah outfit!

3632587561_3dcc1172b9.jpg

Me and a friend face off...
3633186719_9e737d2167.jpg

Here's a picture of me as SOC Marion drinking everyone under the table... :p
3633885010_b808264e9c.jpg

Me in my Marion dress...
3633069675_923c44a6ba.jpg

Me in my Willie Scott outfit with a good friend of mine...
3634075036_0086a02548.jpg

My Indy gear...
3633113247_7dca709645.jpg

BTW, the thuggee outfit was made from stuff I already owned and the only thing I bought was the wrist bands and the black muslin style scarf around my neck. :D

I hope you enjoy the photos. (y)

indyclone25

looks like you had a fun time ! the pics looked great . wish the chicago area would have a indy convention, well heres to hoping(y)

deckard24

Nice pics Canyon, looks like you guys had a good time!

Where's the last pic from, it kind of looks like the train station from Skull?

Canyon

Thanks! That is the Tioga Central Railroad... http://www.tiogacentral.com/

Here are two more pics...

Me in my Marion dress and my boyfriend in the Temple of Doom tux...
FL-45.jpg

Me as a Thuggee and my boyfriend in his LC Sallah outfit...
FL-92.jpg

Enjoy! :whip:

Mickiana

My hat off to you! You really are getting out there and living it up Indy style. Good on you. As for my gear, now where is it? Ah, under a film of dust which I think I might leave on for authenticity.

Le Saboteur

How'd I miss these?

Rad snaps, Canyon! It looks like you had a lot of fun, and have a kick ass collection of costumes!

Out of curiosity, who is your Amazon friend supposed to be? Is it Indiana Jane?

Canyon

deckard24 said:
You guys look great!(y)

How many people usually attend these summits, and when is the net one?

Hey there. Thanks for the reply! (y)

There are two big summits that take place in the States every year. One is the Finger Lakes Summit in Upstate New York which usually takes place in the second weekend in June and then the other summit takes place on the Queen Mary on Long Beach, California and usually takes place in the first week of November. ;) The Finger Lakes summit started with just 5 people when it started five years ago, and at the last one, we had just over 30 people. (y)

I haven't attended the QM since 2005 but there are a number of things planned. Here is a rundown of the kind of stuff we do at the Finger Lakes Summit...

This year (2009)
Train ride on the Tioga Central Railroad with lunch
Visit Corning Museum of Glass or Rockwell Museum of
Western Art (great gun collection)
Whip cracking
Great photo ops (this includes pictures of Indyfans in Idol Grab mode/climbing up a rope bridge with a backdrop etc
Pancot Palace Banquet at Vintage 1860s wine cellars
Major original props display
A raffle where you can win
A Treasure Hunt and everyone gets to keep a part
of the booty! and lunch provided

Last year (2008)
Photo Ops:Chachapoyan Idol Grab & ToD Bridge Scene
7 PM Boat Cruise (Wine, non-alcoholic beverages and finger food provided), whip cracking
AM Vintage plane rides, lots of photo op time, whip cracking,
lunch (cook-out) at the museum
Dinner banquet
Showing of Crystal Skull at a local theatre
Pre-Columbian Archaeological Dig (Keep what you find!)
Lunch, whip cracking, etc
Raffle Giveaways

So, that just gives you an idea of the kind of stuff we do. BTW, Deckard. where do you live?

Mickiana said:
My hat off to you! You really are getting out there and living it up Indy style. Good on you. As for my gear, now where is it? Ah, under a film of dust which I think I might leave on for authenticity.

Why, thanks! (y) You have gear also? Aww, come on. Let's see a pic!:D

Le Saboteur said:
Rad snaps, Canyon! It looks like you had a lot of fun, and have a kick ass collection of costumes!

Out of curiosity, who is your Amazon friend supposed to be? Is it Indiana Jane?

Hey there. Thanks for your kind words! (y) by Amazon friend, I presume you mean the lady in this pic? http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3652/3634075036_0086a02548.jpg?v=0

That lady is a very good friend of mine who goes by the handle of Dejah Thoris and is the organiser of the above Queen Mary Summit in California. ;) She has her own great adventurous style which is not any specific type, which is what makes her so cool. :D

deckard24

Originally Posted by Canyon
So, that just gives you an idea of the kind of stuff we do. BTW, Deckard. where do you live?

That sounds like a good time, maybe I'll look into next years summit?

I live in Michigan, and as far as I know there's nothing that extensive here for Indy fans.

So do most people come fully decked out in Indy inspired gear, or do some come with just a fedora?

Last edited:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
@ deckard24- From what I've seen and heard about these summits on COW, they go full gear mode in most of the events. I barely missed out on 2006's QM Summit as I was in California in Sept/October. You can't imagine my disappointment...

Anyway, Canyon, damn you're lucky to go to these summits. I wish the plane tickets to the States weren't so damn expensive and I wish I already had the car issue solved.

All the gear is awesome as always and Chewbacca Jones did a great job with his Sallah LC outfit. (y) You two make such a cute couple especially in the pic, with you dressed in Marion's white dress and Chewie in the Indy ToD tux! (y)

deckard24

Violet Indy said:
@ deckard24- From what I've seen and heard about these summits on COW, they go full gear mode in most of the events. I barely missed out on 2006's QM Summit as I was in California in Sept/October. You can't imagine my disappointment.
Full gear huh? Well I would need to make a few purchases then, at least a fedora!

That sucks you missed out on the 2006 one, flying all the way to the states from Australia is no small task!

Canyon

deckard24 said:
That sounds like a good time, maybe I'll look into next years summit?

I live in Michigan, and as far as I know there's nothing that extensive here for Indy fans.

So do most people come fully decked out in Indy inspired gear, or do some come with just a fedora?

Violet is correct when she says that we dress in full gear, but I just wanted to let you know that even if you don't own a fedora, you will be accepted into the group, and once you meet everyone, you will feel as if you are meeting up with a bunch of old friends. :D

Violet Indy said:
@ deckard24- From what I've seen and heard about these summits on COW, they go full gear mode in most of the events. I barely missed out on 2006's QM Summit as I was in California in Sept/October. You can't imagine my disappointment...

Awww...what a shame. :( It would be a blast if you could make it someday. ;)

Violet Indy said:
Anyway, Canyon, damn you're lucky to go to these summits. I wish the plane tickets to the States weren't so damn expensive and I wish I already had the car issue solved.

Yes, I am. Luckily for me, I am looking at a seven and a half hour flight from Bristol UK, to Newark, NJ.

Violet Indy said:
All the gear is awesome as always and Chewbacca Jones did a great job with his Sallah LC outfit. (y) You two make such a cute couple especially in the pic, with you dressed in Marion's white dress and Chewie in the Indy ToD tux! (y)

Many thanks for the compliments on my gear and on Chewie's ToD tux. I think it makes him look rather dashing. (y)

Everyone lately thinks of us a as a cute couple. :eek: :D

Chewbacca Jones

Hey! It's my first post, and I thought it would be a fitting thread. I am the the Sallah of this threads early photos!

Hi there, my little Thugee Gumdrop! :cool:

You know, I forgot to mention when we talked this week that my friends got to see that Thugee outfit last weekend. They were impressed by the ingenuity and accuracy.

For those summits, to be absolutely clear - to remove all doubt - YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE ANY GEAR! We welcome you 'normals' without hesitation. One of the founding members of the FL Summit didn't wear a single bit of gear this year. He said he didn't want to go through the trouble of undressing his Indy mannequin. :rolleyes: