"I should have mailed it to the Marx Brothers"

Great Cloud

So the question is, which Marx Brother would have been the most reliable with dear dad's precious diary? Harpo has a lot of pockets, and Zeppo usually plays a secretary so he could file it away somewhere. I imagine Chico would peddle it for money or lose it in a game of cards, and Groucho would used it to roll his cigars. Ah well.

Nurhachi1991

Harpo would of been the best choice. If the Nazis asked him where the book was he would of honked his horn and ran!

Great Cloud

Of course, the Nazis wouldn't want to go near the Marx Brothers, since they were Jewish. Another advantage to mailing it to them.

Michael24

RocketSledFight said:
I love Connery's disgust when delivering this line. I quote this often.

Yeah, I love the look on his face when he says it and the sound of his delivery.
Perfect! (y)

Nurhachi1991

But the Nazis hated Jewish people so wouldnt that be more of a reason to go to them so they could kill them and take the book?

Why not mail it to The Three Stooges??? No one would get past Curly and they already fought Nazis and kicked the crap out of them!

Michael24

Nurhachi1991 said:
Why not mail it to The Three Stooges??? No one would get past Curly and they already fought Nazis and kicked the crap out of them!
Haha!! Like in that one short where Curly becomes a boxer, they could just play that particular song, and Curly would snap and lay waste to all the Nazis in his path. (y)

Nurhachi1991

Great Cloud said:
By 1938, the Stooges weren't famous yet. Seriously, Harpo or Zeppo would have been the only way to go.

Yes they were the Stooges started in 1925 they were pretty well known by 1938 but it was with Shemp not Curly........... and Shemp is not funny

Great Cloud

Yeah, I just looked it up. Looks like they started in 1934. But Henry strikes me as more of a Marxist.

Chaplain, on the other hand, could have worked...

RocketSledFight

Thinking back on this scene, how startling would it be to see your own son kill three people with a machine gun during your reunion?

"I can't believe what you did!"

JerryKing

The non-lunatic one:
2760_1001780805.jpg

Flash Dixson

Nurhachi1991 said:
Harpo would of been the best choice. If the Nazis asked him where the book was he would of honked his horn and ran!
Sounds like my wedding night. haha (sorry I had to do it (y) )

jonesissparrow

Harpo no doubt but I think the rest of the brothers could be a great distraction so Harpo can do the job right. If any have seen Go West where Groucho and Chico distract some women while Harpo is over in the next room trying to blow up a safe to get a deed.