How would you feel about a whole new trilogy...

roundshort

keeping off track,

All the time they tried to serve anything monkey in Africa I always said, no, I ate everything else, but no fricking Monkey parts, now sex with monkies, well I figure no harm ever came for that, right?

12kadam

Indyologist said:
By the way, chilled monkey brains IS a real delicacy in India. My 5th grade English teacher, Ms. Hepper, went there and was told that they served it. So I knew about the monkey brains way before TOD. My reaction is still the same-- yuck!

My apologies... I know I'm way off topic in this thread by now! :whip:

Nuts to your idiotic teacher Ms. Lepper.....Indy : " I am surprised Capt Blumbbert...A Devout Hindu is a pure Vegeterian "...is the dialogue that was erased from TOD....So, if ever you go to India, other than Fish and Chicken you will not find any other non veg items so easily.....
FYI, Spielberg was banned from taking further movies in India....I guess it hurt the Indian Prime Minister a lot !!!!

roundshort

God, we need a pool to see how badly Lucas can screw up Indy, anyone want an over and under that Jar-Jar will be in the next Indy Movie?

TombReader

roundshort said:
...anyone want an over and under that Jar-Jar will be in the next Indy Movie?

Dude,1999 called.They said 'get over it' ;) :p

Hey,if Indiana Jones can be in Epsiode I,then why can't Jar Jar be in Indy 4?Fair is fair. :p

Last edited:

Junior Jones

Getting even further off topic...

TombReader said:
Hey,if Indiana Jones can be in Epsiode I...

I've heard this rumor, but I've never been able to find him myself. Was Indy really in there? If so, please provide a screen cap.

roundshort

As watching Ep. 1 is painful, but now that Sith is out on dvd, I think a full 6 moive weekend is in order to se how the epic stacks up. So I will keep my eyes open for Indy, where is he supposed to be?

Gobi-1

I would love to see Indy 4 lead to a new trilogy and I think it could happen. If Harrison, Steven and George have as much fun on #4 as they did on the others they may decide to let the fun continue.

Think about it. We would have Indiana Jones at three stages of his life.

Young Indy - The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles (1899 - 1920)
Middle Age Indy - The Indiana Jones Trilogy (1930s)
Old Indy - The Indiana Jones Sequel Trilogy (1950s)

Personally I think Harrison Ford should play Old Indy like John Wayne in his later films; The family patriarch who can still kick you *** if he needs too. I would so love to see Indy trying to avoid being physical only to have the break out the whip. I have an image in my head of Indy's whip sitting on the mantelpiece covered with dust and Indy picking it up and attaching it to his belt. I can also see him saying "I'm getting to old for this ****!" and taken his gun out and just shooting the bad guy like he did in Raiders.

:whip:

Chris Jones

I'd love to see that happen. I think maybe if 4 does well they might consider a 5th, who knows. Ford is old, but not soold that he can't act.

Henry Jones Sr

I'd be rather worried that they wouldn't be able to come up with strong enough stories. I mean, I'm sure they could think of something, but somehow I doubt it'd be that great.

See, the Star Wars prequel films had good strong stories because George Lucas had them all planned and written down 30 years ago. I could be wrong but somehow I doubt the films would be that great if they did a new Indy trilogy. I don't know. We'll just have to see how it pans out.

Finn

Staff member
I feel that we are missing an Indiana Jones film. KOTCS kicked off the new trilogy.. and DOD ended it. Just needed one film in the middle.. say around 2016.
Or maybe it's part 1 we're missing, one that should have come out in the 1990s.

The first three took place in the 1930s, KotCS in the 50s, and now we get DoD that takes us in the 60s. Can't help noticing that there's a decade missing here. So, what the set requires is an adventure for the 40s, one that takes place during or in the aftermath of WWII. Now, DoD's opening adventure might ameliorate that somewhat, but it's not quite the same thing as having a full feature.

Girl_From_Mars

Only another decade before we're discussing the trailer for Indiana Jones and the Lost Treasures of Atlantis, and saying: "He's looking good for 90. What are the odds on Indy returning as a centurion?"

Face_Melt

Honestly…it gets really exhausting that everything needs to be a trilogy. James Bond isn’t broken into trilogies. I get that for a while Indy was a trilogy simply because it took so long for us to get the 4th film but really… it’s just a film series.