TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones Trilogy
User Name
Password

Old 05-22-2008, 01:47 AM   #126
Killah|Bee
IndyFan

When Indy figth the big russian guy, the pat roach reprise, he looks like he was waiting for Indy to punches him, may be the age Dr Jones?
Killah|Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:32 AM   #127
Kooshmeister
IndyFan

Pat Roach plays a Russian? When?
Kooshmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:14 PM   #128
Benraianajones
IndyFan

I always thought it was odd, in TOD, when it cuts to a quick shot on Shorty, and he holding a small dagger in his hand in the spike room. Next we see him again, it isn't in sight.
Benraianajones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:33 PM   #129
Bantu_Wind
IndyFan

TOD-stuntman Vic Armstrong instead of Ford when Willie runs in after opening...

...the chamber door. You know, I've probably watched the movie a million times and when I saw it again a few days ago, I just noticed that it is not Harrison when she enters the room screaming "They're all over me! Get them off of me!" It looks like the stuntdouble. (Vic Armstrong?)
Bantu_Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 04:55 PM   #130
Eric Solo
IndyFan

I just re-watched Raiders with headphones on my computer and noticed 2 things I had never noticed before:

1.) When the students file out of Indy's classroom you can hear a female student say something to the effect of "He seemed a little off today. Must be because of all that traveling."

2.) The luggage rack atop the cab of the truck gets severely damaged when Indy drives the truck into some makeshift scaffolding. In the next shot, the luggage rack has been miraculously repaired.

The truck thing is listed on the IMDb.com goofs page.

Last edited by Eric Solo : 05-25-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Eric Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 05:16 PM   #131
SixKadamHigh
IndyFan

cool

now i gotta go watch Raiders for the 78th time
SixKadamHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 06:36 PM   #132
Crusade>Raiders
IndyFan

In ToD, Indy uses his whip and flings one of the two thugee's swords off a cliff. 2 seconds later, he has a sword. How? He just flung it over the cliff!
Crusade>Raiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 07:55 PM   #133
Crusade>Raiders
IndyFan

Only, and one thing I always hated about Last Crusade, despite it being one of my favorite movies of all time, it had a weak drive. What I mean is, Raiders promised the ark was a weapon and it delivered. Even Doom promised the Sankara stones brought life and it delivered. Hell, even Kingdom promised aliens and they gave us that, for better or worse.Henry Jones Sr says that if the Nazis recover the grail the armies of darkness will cover the world and that this was a race against evil...um, the grail granted immortality for like 10 square feet. Way to let us down.
Crusade>Raiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 10:40 PM   #134
SixKadamHigh
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusade>Raiders
In ToD, Indy uses his whip and flings one of the two thugee's swords off a cliff. 2 seconds later, he has a sword. How? He just flung it over the cliff!

If you watch it, you'll see he grabs the other dudes sword and scares him off. Then he runs screaming after him to stop and run back with the sword.
SixKadamHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:56 PM   #135
reverendB
IndyFan

When Indy is drinking in Cairo, after the truck blows up, look to his left. You will see a guy with a light blue t shirt and jeans on!! I first noticed this on my widescreen VHS, and I thought "did I just see that?" It's like the first time you notice the stormtrooper banging his head on the door in SW. You just keep rewatching it to make sure you saw correctly.
reverendB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 10:48 PM   #136
Seaner
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusade>Raiders
Only, and one thing I always hated about Last Crusade, despite it being one of my favorite movies of all time, it had a weak drive. What I mean is, Raiders promised the ark was a weapon and it delivered. Even Doom promised the Sankara stones brought life and it delivered. Hell, even Kingdom promised aliens and they gave us that, for better or worse.Henry Jones Sr says that if the Nazis recover the grail the armies of darkness will cover the world and that this was a race against evil...um, the grail granted immortality for like 10 square feet. Way to let us down.
maybe that would mean hitler would go there and have it
Seaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:21 AM   #137
Kooshmeister
IndyFan

The knight said only that the Grail itself couldn't pass beyond the seal, he said nothing about the effects of drinking from it. So to my way of thinking, the effects will last a certain length of time after leaving before wearing off. I.e. one sip will guarantee a longer life and better health but it won't last.

Thus, the only way for Hitler (or whoever) to enjoy the Grail's benefits without staying cooped up in the temple like the knight, would be making yearly trips to the temple for a sip.
Kooshmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 04:36 PM   #138
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Does anyone have any *ahem* pictures of Marion from the scene where she's captured on the Banthu Wind?
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:50 PM   #139
Melesse
IndyFan

In raiders when they have the Ark on the island Belloq is talking to Indy and a fly goes in Belloq's mouth.
Melesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:01 PM   #140
Connery's Toupe

In the venice boat fight by the ship, the boat that Indy is fighting in is tied to something! You can see the line attached in the camera shot from above.
Connery's Toupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:04 PM   #141
loganbush
IndyFan

Quote:
In raiders when they have the Ark on the island Belloq is talking to Indy and a fly goes in Belloq's mouth.

Everybody notices that.
loganbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:09 PM   #142
Connery's Toupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melesse

I didn't notice that. I'll have to look again.
Connery's Toupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:53 AM   #143
ValenciaGrail
IndyFan

Indy takes off Sallah's fez

IN LC, when Indy, Sallah, and Henry go down to steal the horses from Donavan's crew after the Brotherhood of the Cruciform Sword starts firing them.....

Just after Indy says: "Who cares, as long as they're keeping Donovan busy":

Indy pulls off Sallah's red fez and hands it to him....since the Brotherhood wears a similar fez, which would make Sallah stand out like a sore thumb in the middle of the action.

It's a bit of a subtle gag which I just noticed while watching LC again with my son.
ValenciaGrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 02:03 PM   #144
NLogan
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValenciaGrail
IN LC, when Indy, Sallah, and Henry go down to steal the horses from Donavan's crew after the Brotherhood of the Cruciform Sword starts firing them.....

Just after Indy says: "Who cares, as long as they're keeping Donovan busy":

Indy pulls off Sallah's red fez and hands it to him....since the Brotherhood wears a similar fez, which would make Sallah stand out like a sore thumb in the middle of the action.

It's a bit of a subtle gag which I just noticed while watching LC again with my son.

I always thought he pulled Sallah's fez off simply because it was red and would make a good target as they clearly had already been spotted. I don't think it was because the Brotherhood had similar ones because they were already shooting at Jones and crew before the Brotherhood had launched their attack and they were still in hiding.
NLogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:26 PM   #145
TohtLikeaTiger
IndyFan

A Trend in the Movies. . .

I know I have too much time on my hands, but have you ever thought about how Indiana Jones is never the master of his own fate?

In Raiders, his impact on the story is almost negligible. If he hadn’t gotten involved at all, the Nazis might never have discovered the Ark. Even if they had, they would have opened it and promptly blown up/melted/shriveled/taken a high-hard-one to the gut (possibly taking the Fuhrer with them) ending the whole sad affair right there. Even when he ends up with the Ark as the last man standing, someone else comes along and makes it disappear.

The same pattern is followed in Last Crusade (his actions help attain the Grail) and Crystal Skull (he can only watch as the temple “leaves” the jungle).

It’s also interesting that the last act for these movies isn’t a big action scene with Indy having to beat up the bad guy to stop his evil plans. What other action movie can you think of that ends without the hero having a hardcore showdown with his arch nemesis???

Note that neither of these patterns is true in Temple of Doom, where he does have to fight Mola Ram at the end, and he does have an impact of the events around him – the stone and the children would never have been returned to the village if he hadn’t done something.

Indy as a “non-action” hero seems contrary to storytelling tradition, but it works somehow. In the end, we’re just like him – watching events around us that we’re unable to control. But we can take heart that everything works out for us anyway.
TohtLikeaTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 04:48 PM   #146
lancetoris
IndyFan

I've seen all the originals countless times, but I only JUST noticed the "Obi Wan" club sign when Indy and Willie jump from the window.

I'm certain I'm not the first one to notice that, but it was one of those "hey wait!" moments for me
lancetoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:32 PM   #147
MonarchOfTheSea
IndyFan

I always wondered why Indy starts to laugh when he's about to fall to his doom in the temple in ROTLA. Then I noticed Max Zorin in A View to a Kill laugh as he's about to fall off the Golden Gate bridge?!

When I was about 10 or 11, I put this to the test. I lay on my front on the stairs near the top & grabbed the top step. Sure enough, as I began to lose my grip...I started to laugh.
It must be something in your brain that tells you, 'ah, well, might as well go laughing.'

by the way, I did survive the stairs...
MonarchOfTheSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 03:34 AM   #148
YouNeverKnow
IndyFan

Awright, I don't see this one here.

Justed watched LC tonight, and has anyone noticed that when Henry, Sr. is firing the machine gun after the "11 o'clock!" bit, Indy pulls out his revolver and starts shooting downwards??

It made me laugh in my head because that is SUCH an impractical way of attacking an army plane.
YouNeverKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 03:23 PM   #149
indyclone25
IndyFan

[quote=mr.wolf]well when i first saw Raiders in theaters about 3 years ago, I noticed that in the scene where Belloq has taken over the ship the Ark was on and had captured Marion and she was wearing that white silk dress, she wasn't exactly wearing panties and lets just say Karen Allen didn't exactly shave back then.[/QUOTE

you noticed that too --- i saw that in the 80s when i was a teen and i was very intrigued---
indyclone25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 01:10 PM   #150
The Drifter
IndyFan

Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
I have also always been puzzled by one scene in ToD.
When Willie is sitting at the camp talking to Indy, we see the elephant keep annoying her with it's trunk.

Well, she gets up and moves, and then the snake comes down across her shoulder, and she grabs it (thinking it's the elephant's trunk) and throws it.
Why did this not suprise her? She just says she hates the elephant. Did she really think that she threw the elephant or ripped it's trunk off?

Another thing. ((Spoilers))
In Raiders when Indy is climbing the jackel statue in the Well of Souls, he comes face to face with a snake.
He swallows his fear and throws it down, causing it to land on Marion.

So, if he could muster enough courage to grab that snake and throw it, than why he is so damn scared to touch the one Mutt hands him in KotCS?

Don't just say, because the movie sucks.
Serious responses please.
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote