harvey

harvey7297 said:
First I have to give up Steroids, now you want to take my caffeine?:p

Hell no! Toughen up boy-o!:)

Toughen up? YOU'RE the one lookin' at perfume bottles! :whip:

What's your favorite, btw? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
harvey7297 said:
Toughen up? YOU'RE the one lookin' at perfume bottles! :whip: What's your favorite, btw? ;)
Harv, one little correction, I asked about it, YOU'RE looking for it!:gun:

Regarding my favorite, well my first girlfriend used to wear Benetton Colors. MMMM.:eek:

My wife wears a Eau de Rocket Surgeon. A heady combination of Unsymmetrical Dimethyl Hydrazine, Gojo/Purell Spring Bloom, and Vanilla.

Got to love a girl who looks hot in jeans handling a 1008-002 Hydraulic Power Unit and can play Cole Porter on the piano in a custom Barbara Matera...

Now, besides my esteemed (and possibly steamed) colleague(s):

Rocket Surgeon said:
What is Steven Speilberg drawing here:

5133016391_d1ab816370_o.jpg

Anyone?

Stoo

My guess would be Kali. What looks like a beard may be Spielberg's rendering of her necklace made from severed, human arms.

Still, it doesn't beat his sketch of the Chachapoyan idol. That's my favourite of his.:D

harvey

Rocket Surgeon said:
Harv, one little correction, I asked about it, YOU'RE looking for it!:gun:

Regarding my favorite, well my first girlfriend used to wear Benetton Colors. MMMM.:eek:

My wife wears a Eau de Rocket Surgeon. A heady combination of Unsymmetrical Dimethyl Hydrazine, Gojo/Purell Spring Bloom, and Vanilla.

Got to love a girl who looks hot in jeans handling a 1008-002 Hydraulic Power Unit and can play Cole Porter on the piano in a custom Barbara Matera...

Correct you are...

And, LOL :whip:

Junior Jones said:
The beard along the bottom and the connection with Temple of Doom makes me think it's George Lucas's shrunken head.
Hmmm...George's?:D

lguerra said:
yea that's what it is, his concept sketch of the shrunken head on the top of the headdress. (y)

It's the shruken head...yes!

Indy Trivia LXII

Inspired by today's festivities, and a nod to an audio clip in The Temple of Doom retrospective, a one-in-six shot:

Which member of Monty Python housed Harrison Ford during filming of Temple of Doom? In England of course!

Last edited:

Stoo

RocketSurgeon said:
Inspired by today's festivities,...
That was fun!:D

The audio clip you used on the IndyCast was Eric Idle so he is my guess (and my favourite member of the troupe).

Stoo said:
That was fun!:D The audio clip you used on the IndyCast was Eric Idle so he is my guess (and my favourite member of the troupe).

Like Sopies Choice, (only not quite as dire), Michael Palin has alway been mine.

Eric Idle is correct...:hat:

I couldn't find anyone in London to treat me because the Harley Street doctors were afraid of liability issues, so I finally got the Manchester United soccer team doctor to treat me. Each weekend I was getting an epidural that would get me through the first three days of the week. Finally I was living in Eric Idle's house of Abbey Road. The bedroom was on the fourth floor. I responded to the alarm, jumped out of bed and was overcome by excruciating pain. It took me 45 mins to crawl back to the bed to call an ambulance.

I was operated on using a papaya enzyme procedure that had only been performed 7 times before by the doctor I had found. They stopped doing it after a couple of years after a less experienced doctors started turning people into paraplegics. Luckily in my case, it was 100% successful.

Apologies to Carol Cleveland! One in Seven.

1226975582_3.jpg

Indy Trivia LXIII

As we wait for word of a new Indiana Jones film, even a script announcement, we take a look at an episode of Young Indy that pays tribute to the films before it…

Hollywood Follies by its very nature draws inspiration from Lucas’ own struggles with the studio machine, the creative process, (like the Raiders story transcript meetings), Indiana Jones own morality, to fact vs fiction.

There are many other nods and virtual love letters throughout Hollywood Follies, but my favorite, intentional or not, goes back to a bus ride from the digs in Sedada to Nefta during the making of Raiders and Steven Spielberg invoking David Lean and Freddie Young.

This episode’s question simply put: which Hollywood Follies scene is a nod to that conversation with David Tomblin and Indy’s line: "I’m making this up as I go" ?

Last edited:

DoomTown

Rocket Surgeon said:
As we wait for word of a new Indiana Jones film, even a script announcement, we take a look at an episode of Young Indy that pays tribute to the films before it?

Hollywood Follies by its very nature draws inspiration from Lucas? own struggles with the studio machine, the creative process, (like the Raiders story transcript meetings), Indiana Jones own morality, to fact vs fiction.

There are many other nods and virtual love letters throughout Hollywood Follies, but my favorite, intentional or not, goes back to a bus ride from the digs in Sedada to Nefta during the making of Raiders and Steven Spielberg invoking David Lean and Freddie Young.

This episode?s question simply put: which Hollywood Follies scene is a nod to that conversation with David Tomblin and Indy?s line: "I?m making this up as I go" ?

A question that was VERY nicely connected. Looks like I got this one, now it's time to tackle ol' Stoo's question, I THINK I have a good starting point...:hat:

DoomTown said:
A question that was VERY nicely connected. Looks like I got this one, now it's time to tackle ol' Stoo's question, I THINK I have a good starting point...:hat:
You did, that's why it's posted here!

Stoo's question is another matter. Will he be the first to stump?

DoomTown

Rocket Surgeon said:
You did, that's why it's posted here!

Stoo's question is another matter. Will he be the first to stump?

We'll see. :whip:

It doesn't look like any of the other Brothers have any leads yet either...Good thing we have 2 weeks to get to the bottom of this one. We may need it.

DoomTown said:
Good thing we have 2 weeks to get to the bottom of this one. We may need it.
We added questions to make up for the extra week, but I don't know if it's fair to extend the deadline to two too...(had to do that!).

I'm on the fence about that one.

I'll entertain petitions, but in all fairness, I think the week long deadline should remain.

(plus I have to start getting these segments assembled BEFORE the two weeks are up!)

Last edited:

DoomTown

Rocket Surgeon said:
We added questions to make up for the extra week, but I don't know if it's fair to extend the deadline to two too...(had to do that!).

I'm on the fence about that one.

I'll entertain pertitions, but in all fairness, I think the week long deadline should remain.

(plus I have to start getting these segments assembled BEFORE the two weeks are up!)

Point taken (Hopefully I'll have this one licked by tomorrow anyway) ;)