Anyone worried?

IndyJr.

Anyone worried that Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (which title I typed in about 3 seconds :p ) won't turn out hunky dory?

I personally, after the experiences of Spider-Man 3, X-Men 3, Star Wars 1 and 2 and a few other films, am a little worried that they may not stay true to the original films.

In my personal opinion... if they stay true to Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom, Last Crusade and the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles (Sankara, don't you dare start up :rolleyes: ), then I'll be a happy camper.

Although I am a bit pessimistic on how George Lucas and Steven Spielberg will present this film...

Living skeletons fighting Shia? (or Cate fighting with Shia)

SHIA LABEUFF in the film AT ALL!

Giant ants?

the consistent "alien rumor" (which I wish would stop)

several others things...

metalinvader

Personally,I'm not worried at all.I'm going into the theater May 22 the same way I went into the theater as a 7 year old for LC,Excited!! I'm keeping an open mind on everything from the Alien rumors,To the flying temple and yes I already like Mutt! Let's be honest,It's going to be amazing to see our hero back on the big screen and I'm sure this movie will be well worth the wait!

QBComics

metalinvader said:
I'm keeping an open mind on everything from the Alien rumors,To the flying temple and yes I already like Mutt! Let's be honest,It's going to be amazing to see our hero back on the big screen and I'm sure this movie will be well worth the wait!

agreed!(y)

spiralout

IndyJr. said:

That's just speculation. There's no evidence that the skeletons will be alive or fighting.

Last edited:

Michael24

I'm hardly worried at all and think the film will turn out just fine. Likely nowhere near being better than RAIDERS, but something that most assuredly can have the honor of calling itself an "Indiana Jones movie." :)

The fact that Spielberg has said he and Janusz Kaminski (I know I butchered the spelling) viewed all three films in order to get into the right mood and revisit the tone they wanted to capture helps put my mind at ease that we'll be getting a good Indy film.

oki9Sedo

IndyJr. said:
Anyone worried that Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (which title I typed in about 3 seconds :p ) won't turn out hunky dory?

I personally, after the experiences of Spider-Man 3, X-Men 3, Star Wars 1 and 2 and a few other films, am a little worried that they may not stay true to the original films.

In my personal opinion... if they stay true to Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom, Last Crusade and the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles (Sankara, don't you dare start up :rolleyes: ), then I'll be a happy camper.

Although I am a bit pessimistic on how George Lucas and Steven Spielberg will present this film...

SHIA LABEUFF in the film AT ALL!

Giant ants?

the consistent "alien rumor" (which I wish would stop)

several others things...

Most of thats just fan speculation.

As for Shia Le Boeuf, don't judge him till you see him. Spielberg isn't an idiot. Lucas, at times yes, but it wasn't his casting decision.

tocksic

All that matters to me, is that we see Indy again. And I just saw Transformers once more and I'm really looking forward to see Shia as Mutt. No matter if he is Indys son or not. He is such a talented and funny guy that I strongly believe he will contribute great to the movie.

I think one should be worried if he takes every little hint we got so far way too serious and trys too hard to interpret it and jumps to conclusions. That way expactations are totally gridlocked and one will sit in front of the screen do-or-die.

Not worried in the least.

Just imagine, lights go down in the theatre, pulse races as the Paramount logo appears. Holy shoot. I don't think I can take it!!!:)

tocksic

herr gruber said:
Not worried in the least.

Just imagine, lights go down in the theatre, pulse races as the Paramount logo appears. Holy shoot. I don't think I can take it!!!:)

Yeah! What I'm really worried about is that when the Paramount logo shows up and fades into something in the scene I might drop dead! :p

seasider

There's always a chance the movie will suck and there will definitely be people who will come away disappointed. That's just the way it is. We don't have any control over how this movie will turn out but I have a good feeling about it.

tocksic said:
Yeah! What I'm really worried about is that when the Paramount logo shows up and fades into something in the scene I might drop dead! :p

I know what you mean.

Let's hope it doesn't fade into a turkey. :D

WhipItGood

While I can certainly hope that KOTCS will be as good as RAIDERS (which seems to be even the internal comparison in tone and content), it can never match the experience simply because RAIDERS was the first.

There was nothing to compare RAIDERS against at the time, and audiences/fans had no expectations for it beyond "from the guys who brought you STAR WARS and JAWS."

You can't un-ring a bell. But there's a chance you can ring it again just as well.

commontone

I'll echo someone above and say I'm sure it will be a worthy Indiana Jones movie, at least. My prediction is that it will end up second, in terms of quality (Raiders being first).

Above all it will be thrilling to see another Indiana Jones movie, period. The Paramount logo fading into something, Indy's sly grin, large-scale old-school action sequences...it will be fun. I think even the forum members who have consistently expressed worry, or disappointment in this or that aspect of things, or downright pessimism...five minutes into the film they'll be grinning like idiots. Shortly after that they'll remember they're supposed to be looking for things to dislike, of course...

Michael24

commontone said:
I'll echo someone above and say I'm sure it will be a worthy Indiana Jones movie, at least. My prediction is that it will end up second, in terms of quality (Raiders being first).

Above all it will be thrilling to see another Indiana Jones movie, period. The Paramount logo fading into something, Indy's sly grin, large-scale old-school action sequences...it will be fun.

(y) My thoughts exactly.

chapter11

The 1950s scifi B-movie idea is a good one, I think. I like the fact that they?re taking a risk and not just rehashing the same old story over and over again. Isn?t that really the best justification for making a sequel anyway -- to do something new?

Matt Holcomb

I think Lucas is worried about potential fan backlash when the nod-to-1950s-sci-fi MacGuffin and associated details are finally brought into light, which might explain the unprecedented secrecy surrounding the new film and the fact that it's almost the middle of January and we have yet to see a teaser trailer for it.

The reality is that Lucas is still coming to terms with the fan hate the "Star Wars" prequel trilogy engendered (read the Vanity Fair article for proof of this), and while he would never admit it, he would be concerned about the fact that the Internet has given fans more power than ever before, and that there is a enough of a fan base for the "Indiana Jones" franchise that a significant amount of negative buzz could swell to tsunami-like proportions online.

There's a lot riding on this new film, but I take my fedora off to Lucas and co. for putting their fears aside and making it.

Indy4fan

I'm a little bit worried. I think we (fans) are anticipating too much so in the end we might be complaining, Lucas said so himself. Look at what happened to the Star Wars Prequels (I like them though).

Huddog

First of all, let me say I think this will be an excellent movie; you don't wait close to 20 years to make a sequel to one of the world's most beloved franchises just to lay an egg. Now, that being said ...
I think anyone who says they're not worried is either a) being naive or b) simply trying to prove the measure of their Indy fandom. Harrison Ford is easily my all-time favorite actor, but I must honestly say it looks like he forgot how to smile in his last several movies. Combine that fact with George Lucas' penchant for "tweaking" things and I think a little worry is o.k.
Still, you don't do this movie now unless you think it's gonna be good ... just my $.02