Reports of Lines Forming

iLUVINDY

INDY 4 Midnight Screenings????

I was wondering if anybody knew if they where going to have
10PM and 12 AM on May 21st screenings for INDY 4.... i remember Superman Returns did this and i went to the 10PM screening, i really hope they do this and i cant wait till tickets go on sale!!!!!!!!!!!:whip: (y) :gun:

Michael24

I said this elsewhere, but if Indy premieres at our theater at 11:59PM on May 21, I'm going, even if the rest of my family would rather sleep. I'm so primed for this movie I'm about to explode. I want to see it the first chance possible. :D

TideHorn78

It's very likely. At least the Midnight Part. I hope there's a 10 P.M. show though! Syat tuned to your favorite theater in the next week or two. I imagine that's when tickets go on sale!

Lao Che Pun

iLUVINDY said:
i remember Superman Returns did this...

What's funny is that you connotote Superman Returns to this phenomenom, which to me is a much too recent film to reference for the phenomenom.

Does anyone know what film began the "blockbuster midnight release" trend? I believe it was Episode I or Episode II.

Insomniac

Will they close the theater for a couple hours and reopen it or will you be able to get there early???

P.S. I'm wearing full costume.

Insomniac said:
Will they close the theater for a couple hours and reopen it or will you be able to get there early???

P.S. I'm wearing full costume.

Well, take it off! You've still got five weeks! You're gonna crease it before the premiere.

:D

Crack that whip

Lao Che Pun said:
What's funny is that you connotote Superman Returns to this phenomenom, which to me is a much too recent film to reference for the phenomenom.

Does anyone know what film began the "blockbuster midnight release" trend? I believe it was Episode I or Episode II.

I remember them doing it for Dick Tracy back in 1990.

They even had a distinctive promotion for it; they sold t-shirt tickets in theater lobbies in advance of the release. You could buy this Dick Tracy t-shirt that had the art from one of the posters on it, above an image of a ticket stub, and the shirt itself was considered an advance ticket - you'd show up at the theater wearing it to the midnight screening, and they'd just let you in the door with that instead of tearing a paper ticket stub.

davros72

Don't know about everywhere, but the Marcus Majestic in the Milwaukee area is planning on midnight showings. I've also asked about when tickets go on sale, the manager doesn't know for certain but said probably the standard two weeks before the release date.

Still not sure if I'll don my Indy gear when I go that night or not. My wife was first against the idea, now she's come around. I think she'll still roll her eyes no matter what I decide. ;)

nzlc

Definitely in nz they always have midnight screenings and because our 22nd is a day earlier than everyone else i will get to see it first!Oh and in all the theaters here theres huge indy cut outs posters etc.

eroc

You know there will be a midnight screening! Those tend to get a little wild! I can't wait. Get home by 3am, sleep for three hours, go to work, then go see it again. Or maybe, just maybe, call in sick and go see it again.

sarah navarro

eroc said:
You know there will be a midnight screening! Those tend to get a little wild! I can't wait. Get home by 3am, sleep for three hours, go to work, then go see it again. Or maybe, just maybe, call in sick and go see it again.
yah me too,I'll go to the midnight then go home sleep for about 2 hours then wake up at 5am to go to school,finish the day then go to my banquet then afterwards go with all my friends to see it midnight on thursday:D :whip:

indyflys_solo

Michael24 said:
I said this elsewhere, but if Indy premieres at our theater at 11:59PM on May 21, I'm going, even if the rest of my family would rather sleep. I'm so primed for this movie I'm about to explode. I want to see it the first chance possible. :D
My sentiments exactly. Thankfully, I've got a dad who's almost as excited as I am (not that he'll admit it) and has promised that he'll take my sister and I to the midnight (or 10 PM) screening on May 21/22. I am so psyched for Indy 4...
when I heard the theme song on the trailer, it gave me goosebumps. This will be my first Indy on the big screen, and I wouldn't miss it for the world. :D

sarah navarro

Legendary Times said:
Midnight screening of Indy 4?

Heck yeah!

Anyone living in San Diego County should join us in Vista here:

http://ufos.meetup.com/201/calendar/7713970/

See you there!

Giorgio Tsoukalos
Ive been there 3 times its GREAT!im actually thinking about it now,my cousin lives down there and she took me there to see Transformers 3 times!If its the one im thinking of it has a pizza restauraunt right next to it.Does it?Ive also been there, i really might do it now:D I love it down there.

Indie House

Michael24

indyflys_solo said:
My sentiments exactly. Thankfully, I've got a dad who's almost as excited as I am (not that he'll admit it) and has promised that he'll take my sister and I to the midnight (or 10 PM) screening on May 21/22. I am so psyched for Indy 4...
when I heard the theme song on the trailer, it gave me goosebumps. This will be my first Indy on the big screen, and I wouldn't miss it for the world. :D

That's cool. My entire family is excited about the new movie, but since it opens during the week, everybody will have to be in bed early because of work the next day. They'll have to wait until the weekend to see it.

I kinda wish I could know the excitement of seeing Indy on the big screen for the first time, but it's old hat for me, as I saw the other three when they first came out (though my memory of Raiders is pretty much a blank). So for me, it'll be more like the excitement of hanging out with an old friend I haven't seen in a long time. :D