Votes: 95 62.1%
  • Definately no

Votes: 31 20.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 27 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vendetta08

Overall I thought it was pretty cool and I am glad it was made. It was great to see Indy return one last time. Which means I'm happy for this one but not that interested in a part 5 featuring the entire "Jones Family."

The_Raiders

I'm glad it was made. As for the haters, they can whine, and complain as much tthey like about how it should not have been made but there's no point considering it was. :rolleyes:

Indy's Fist

A sequel needed to be made say 10 to 15 years ago. They waited way too long. MY Indy is gone in his place is an old man dragged on one last (hopefully) adventure. So I voted no.

P.S. This movie felt too much like a launch for Speilberg's newest find Shia LaBouf.

Indy4fan

I liked it but I think the Indy Trilogy should have been left as that, a trilogy. Unless KOTCS is the beginning of a new trilogy...

agentsands77

I'm glad this movie was made. I'm glad I got another ride with Dr. Jones, less-than-perfect though it may be. It was a good time.

Indy's Fist

I just don't understand why these guys (Lucas & Spielberg) can't see that Raiders was the best film of the bunch. It took itself the most serious of all the movies. It didn't rely on slapstick,vaudville, silliness or horror to accomplish what is in my mind the best action film ever. It was focused and had a tight script.

Peacock's-Eye

>>It didn't rely on slapstick,vaudville, silliness or horror to accomplish what is in my mind the best action film ever.<<
Um...we must have been watching different movies, the one I saw was packed with over the top humor (the monkey, for starters), silliness (Marion climbing onto Indy's shoulders mugging and hyperventilating in the snake pit) and cheap shocks (how many freaking corpses and skeletons jump out at the characters or camera?).

But it is one of the best action movies ever.

Peacock's-Eye said:
I have. They're all 100% the same style. TOD had a flat script (IMO) but it was the same style as Raiders LC & CS.

Bollocks. There's humor in Raiders but it is used minimally and where appropriate. The film takes itself very seriously. Even in the Well of Souls when Indy and Marion are bickering you felt a sense of urgency and jeopardy that you don't get when they are bickering in the sandpit. The other films take the humor over-the-top but Raiders manages it effectively, not to play for cheap laughs, but to relieve dramatic tension.

Last edited:

Peacock's-Eye

>>Bollocks. There's humor in Raiders but it is used minimally and where appropriate. The film takes itself very seriously.<<

Riiiiiiiight, like when Indy punches the Nazi & his cap comes flying into frame & Indy catches it? When the monkey gives the Nazi salute? When the female student has "I love you" drawn on her eyelids? When Indy shoots the swordsman? When Marion hits the Arab over the head with a frying pan? When she gets carried off in a basket, screaming like Lucille Ball? Sure.

>>The other films take the humor over-the-top but Raiders manages it effectively, not to play for cheap laughs, but to relieve dramatic tension.<<
Dude, then don't watch the others and Go Away!
Bye bye! See ya! Adios! (y)

Alienconspiracy

So you would rather have more S & C movies?

SO would you rather have more sex and the city movies out instead of Indiana Jones' films?

Why are there people who whole heartedly feel this movie was a wash because of Aliens but somehow loved the idea of a magical Ark , Shankara stones and the Grail? I've said this in another thread but there is only one set of texts that talk of the holy items but there are 7 different cultures who talk about space travelling gods..... and there are probably more. Space travelling gods sounds like Aliens to me, how about you?

I really wish they wouldnt of shown a live alien, that one was cheesy but the dead one looked about right... minor details . I even like how it got the Roswell Aliens skin color right.. but the idea their bones are crystal was weak as well but heck I loved it.

Agent Z

Undecided...

There are parts of the film that I really enjoyed, concept-wise, but the majority of the film just felt lazy to me.

With KOTCS's present script and storyline choices, I would have to say "Definitely no".