Where are pix of the Unproduced Raiders Wave?

Montana Smith

tnswman said:
I posted the photos of the Prototypes of these figures that are in my collection on this board last year. They are still safe and sound.

I don't want prototypes, I want production versions. One day Hasbro will find the right time to drop them into the market.

tnswman

Yeap, Unless they have destroyed or lost the molds, then they are all ready to go. These test shots were the last true pre-production stage of the figure making process.

Now, We just need to get Indy 5 going so we can get them for real.

As much as I LOVE having them in any form. I also want them produced.

Montana Smith

tnswman said:
Yeap, Unless they have destroyed or lost the molds, then they are all ready to go. These test shots were the last true pre-production stage of the figure making process.

Now, We just need to get Indy 5 going so we can get them for real.

As much as I LOVE having them in any form. I also want them produced.

No matter what happens, what you have will still be early prototypes. So they're special in any case. Personally, whilst prototypes are interesting artifacts of the modern age, they aren't what appeals to me about toy collecting.

lao che & sons

Exulted Unicron said:
I'd love a set, but why is toht obviously the Raven version, yet has his screaming face from the end of the movie?

what specifies him to only be the raven toht? is it the poker? b/c if so then it's just an accesory ;)

Lance Quazar

Exulted Unicron said:
I'd love a set, but why is toht obviously the Raven version, yet has his screaming face from the end of the movie?

Yeah, there's nothing about him that screams "Raven version" at all. In fact, his burned hand would mean he's not from the Raven scene (except for the very, very end.)

The figure was going to be released with two heads. The protos that have showed up, however, only have him with the one melty one.

Billy Ray

It really hurts to see these again! You know, with the excpetion of Marion's "cankles", these are some really beautiful figures! Look at Sapito's face...man, that is Alfred Molina! I really, really hope Hasbro finds a way to get these out there.

MISSOURI JONES

tnswman said:
I posted the photos of the Prototypes of these figures that are in my collection on this board last year. They are still safe and sound.

you know no offence intended but talk about putting salt in a wound.

tnswman

Lance Quazar said:
Interesting....

That's cheap!!

There are not many sets left...Mine, Les's, and this one are all I have heard of..I know there will be a couple of others.

One collector offered as much as $5k for my set last fall...I hope he sees that thread since mine aren't for sale.

Lance Quazar

Looks like a couple more of the "lost" figures have surfaced.

And this time, everyone can join the fun.

In a bold partnership between myself, originator of the "Tough Sergeant" prototype head offer and the supremely talented customizer extraordinaire Inky Skin, a limited number of prototype heads will soon be available!

Choose either that lovable turncoat Satipo or the iconic "Melty" headed Toht!

Email me for details at lancequazar@hotmail.com

2protos.jpg

Lance Quazar

Hey, gang! We're going to be accepting orders up until the end of the month (aka the end of the week, aka Sunday aka Halloween.)

So don't delay! I don't know if we will be able to offer these in the future.

Don't miss your chance to own a sadly forgotten piece of Indy history!

Thanks to everyone for the response so far!

Billy Ray

Maybe the recent news of the possible 3D release of the Indy films will finally get this wave on shelves!

UIMJ

Billy Ray said:
Maybe the recent news of the possible 3D release of the Indy films will finally get this wave on shelves!

Either that or the announcement that they are moving forward with another movie. That's when we'll probably see the Blu Ray release and the unreleased waves coming down the pipe. That's still years away though... probably 2013 before we really see Indy on the shelves again, no?

StarconstruX

Lance Quazar said:
Hey, gang! We're going to be accepting orders up until the end of the month (aka the end of the week, aka Sunday aka Halloween.)

So don't delay! I don't know if we will be able to offer these in the future.

Don't miss your chance to own a sadly forgotten piece of Indy history!

Thanks to everyone for the response so far!

Hi Lance Quazar!

Do you have some new about the heads? Can't wait! :)

Regards
Markus

Exulted Unicron

I'm hoping that there might be enough of a fandom for Indy next year for Raiders 30th that we might be lucky enough to see these released. Maybe its a pipe dream, but who knows?

Montana Smith

Exulted Unicron said:
I'm hoping that there might be enough of a fandom for Indy next year for Raiders 30th that we might be lucky enough to see these released. Maybe its a pipe dream, but who knows?

Even a limited release with a higher price-point aimed at collectors would be most welcome.

Just let us have those production figures, Hasbro!