New article on European books at official site

Fan translation of Holbeihn's books

Anyone interested in this task?

I started Gold of El Dorado and made it about 40 pages in several months (maybe even a year) ago. I enjoyed the task, but between work and school just didn't have time to finish. I basically translated up to the part where Indy rides the door down the stairs at the lady's house whose husband disappeared in S. America (don't recall exact details).

I was using Systran software and IE/MS Word's translation, then polished it up , and probably embellished a little of my own.

Anyone interested, please reply. If there's interest, I'll post what I have.

DIrishB

Junior Jones said:
I knew about Hohlbein's German novels, but the French Young Indy books are new to me.

Does anyone have them? Has anyone read them? I took French in college (though I'm way out of practice) and I'd consider tracking these down if they're not completely ridiculous and a waste of time.

I actually spent a good year or so tracking down all the European books. The Hohlbein novels are easy to come by, on Amazon.de, Ebay, etc.

The French Young Indy novels are a bit harder to find (finding all these took up about 8 months of that year). You might be able to find them on Ebay in lots or on some French or Belgian book sites (marche.fr, etc). Be careful, though, as many of the existing American Young Indy books have also been translated by the writers of the original French Young Indy books, just so you don't pick up on of those accidentally.

I really hoped with last year's increase in everything Indy (to tie in with Crystal Skull's release) we might see these translated and released over here, but no luck. (n)

Stoo said:
Well, I finally got my hands on this title thanks to the generosity of Mr. DIrishB. Considering Icybro has already tackled "Fantôme du Klondike", once I finish translating "Violon" we'll have 2 of the 7 French tales in English.(y)

Awesome, Stoo! If that doesn't present too much of a challenge, if you'd like I'll photocopy the other French Young Indy novels you don't have and mail those up to you so you can check those out. And since I have a photocopier at work (and am almost always AT work (n) ) it won't be extremely delayed like the French comic scans.

On that note, I'm just going to bring the comic over to my parents to use their scanner, and just do it all in one go. Hopefully I can get a chance to do that within the next month.

EDIT--Actually, it might be quicker for me to just bring the comic to work, color copy the remaining pages, and just mail those to you (it'd honestly be easier, too).

punisher5150 said:
Anyone interested in this task?

I started Gold of El Dorado and made it about 40 pages in several months (maybe even a year) ago. I enjoyed the task, but between work and school just didn't have time to finish. I basically translated up to the part where Indy rides the door down the stairs at the lady's house whose husband disappeared in S. America (don't recall exact details).

I was using Systran software and IE/MS Word's translation, then polished it up , and probably embellished a little of my own.

Anyone interested, please reply. If there's interest, I'll post what I have.

Definitely, and I know at least several other fellow Raven members who'd be interested.

Last edited:
Gold of El Dorado

I started a new thread with the first part of the translation. If we can keep this going that would be awesome.