a question for the female users....(nothing bad)

The Drifter

The_Raiders said:
I agree with this. Man, I don't care if girls, guys, dogs or cats give me dirty looks for eating a burger while walking down the street. I'll enjoy every bite, and maybe I will rub the burger in the nipple area... :whip:
Any food that is ate with the hands sorta throws all table-manners out the window, ya know?

Stoo

adventure al said:
You guys would even tip at a fast food resteraunt!? seriously why!? :confused:
I don't get that either. Although, there is an argument that the employees deserve it, who tips at a fast food restaurant?:confused:
phantom train said:
Re: Tipping, IMHO this probably depends on your culture. In the U.S., it's expected that you tip if you go to a restaurant where you're served by a waiter/waitress. These days, in some/many?! cases the tip is automatically added onto the bill. Not sure what the expectations are in other countries, however...
In Canada, you're supposed to tip 15% of the cost of the meal and you SHOULD because waiters/waitresses get taxed by the government on that 15% income whether they receive the amount or not. So it's only fair to tip (unless their service is downright terrible or rude).

In mainland Europe, tipping is not expected and the normal rate (if you do) is very low when compared with North America. When you do tip, waiters/taxi drivers are appreciative of a mere pittance (Ex. the equivalent of 50 cents on $20!) so if you give them more than some spare change (as I do), they are extremely grateful (in my experience)! Quite a difference from North America.

In Asia (from what I've been told), tipping is considered an INSULT!:eek:
The Drifter said:
Any food that is ate with the hands sorta throws all table-manners out the window, ya know?
Nah, Drifty, a hamburger is exempt because it is the best thing known to man and is meant to be eaten by hand. When I first moved to Switzerland, I was shocked to see a guy eating a hamburger with a knife and fork!:eek: That is WRONG.:whip:

P.S. 10 points for your table-manner ethic, though.;)

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
I don't get that either. Although, there is an argument that the employees deserve it, who tips at a fast food restaurant?:confused:

George Lucas?

On the subject of 'birds' and dining manners, what are those birds that are so disgusting to see eaten that the diner puts a cloth over their head and the plate to conceal their vulgarity from view?

The_Raiders

Stoo said:
When I first moved to Switzerland, I was shocked to see a guy eating a hamburger with a knife and fork!:eek: That is WRONG.:whip:

P.S. 10 points for your table-manner ethic, though.;)

This is a true statement. Because a burger is the best thing known to man, I refuse to let anyone's look of disgust prevent me from enjoying one.