• Mola Ram

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Donovan

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Irina Spalko

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Johnb02

What villain are you most like? And I only mean the main villains, not Toht or Dietrich or someone like that. Belloq, Mola Ram, Donovan, or Irina Spalko. I am a mix or everyone but Belloq.I am kind of crazy like Mola Ram, I like to do that taunt kind of thing like Donovan, and my battle tactics would be similar to Irina's. But you guys could be different. So who are you most like?

IndyJoey

I'd say Belloq, because he seems the most scholary, with Irina coming second. But im also not a girl....

Goodeknight

I'd have to go with Belloq for similar reasons. Most scholarly, most "normal."

Mola Ram -- evil psycho
Donovan -- total sell out to the Nazi party, didn't care about another soul in the world
Spalko -- boring, lame, and evil

I agree with keeping Toht and Dietrich out of it, but you could have added Elsa and Mac in here, too. They were closer to major characters.

Goodeknight

goodeknight said:
Spalko -- boring, lame, and evil
Finn said:
You're not saying that as if villains are supposed to be nice, are you?

You've got a point. I'm just saying Belloq is less evil. He's really just a shadowy reflection of Indy. That's why he's always been my favorite villain.

Just read this about Belloq, and found it interesting:

hovitos.bmp

He Speaks Hovitos
You may think Belloq is an enormous douche for just yoinking the Chachapoyan Fertility Idol from Indy, considering he just risked life and limb. But you know what takes more time than running from a giant boulder? Learning to speak Hovitos.

Can't fault a guy for putting in all those man hours to learn an indiginous tribal dialect to amass his own private army.

priceless.bmp

A Shadowy Reflection of You

It may appear that Belloq is trying to hypnotize Indy by swinging a watch and making a crazy face, but he's actually making a point. Put something in the ground for one thousand years and it becomes priceless.

It takes a certain kind of maturity to have an outsider's awareness of what motiviates a person's life.

Make no mistake - Belloq's love of archaeology is true. As he says to Dr. Jones later in this very scene, "You and I are very much alike. Archeology is our religion, yet we have both fallen from the pure faith. Our methods have not differed as much as you pretend. I am but a shadowy reflection of you."

monkey-guy.bmp

Monkey Pirate
So Belloq comes to Cairo. He's got deep pockets loaded with Marks and he can hire anyone in town to be his mole. Who does he choose? This awesome eye-patch dude and his helper monkey. A helper monkey who will later say, "Uh oh!"

Yeah, Belloq may be a bad guy, but his Human Resources choices are absolutely top notch.

http://www.ugo.com/movies/sympathy-for-the-douchebag-dr-rene-belloq

Johnb02

I did Donovan. He does that sort of talk that is sort of like taunting. I like to do that.

Runner up is Irina.: Why? No jokes about her being a girl because she was just as menacing as all the others. I liked her battle tactics. She was sort of like Belloq III to me. She seemed to fight Indy and his friends more directly then all the other ones. She was pretty bad if you ask me.

Third is Mola Ram.: Why? Cause me and him are both crazy! :D

Brooke Logan

None, because I'm not as smart as most of them and just don't have the ability to do any of the kind of things they did.

I guess I could be like Donovan in the sense I would let others do the dirty work, I would sure love immortality, and I could possibly be fooled by someone like he was by Elsa.

Montana Smith

Pale Horse said:
This list is easily 6 villians short...at the bare minimum.

Is that including Lucas and Spielberg?

goodeknight said:
You've got a point. I'm just saying Belloq is less evil. He's really just a shadowy reflection of Indy. That's why he's always been my favorite villain.

Definitely.

I never saw Indy as a hero in the white knight sense. He's a rogue. Sometimes doing good is just something that coincides with his mission, or something he finds himself impossible to avoid.

He's a thief stealing from natives. At least Belloq took the trouble to understand his victims!

Last edited:

Goodeknight

Montana Smith said:
He's a thief stealing from natives. At least Belloq took the trouble to understand his victims!

Your comment reminds me of a very short lived thread I started here: http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=20511&highlight=spoke+hovitos

goodeknight said:
So what would Indy have said if he spoke Hovitos at the beginning of Raiders?

First of all, what a slap in the face by Belloq, who certainly knew of Indy?s linguistic abilities and training. He really one-upped him there. But even if Indy did speak the language, would it have done him any good?

Indy: ?Hey, this guy wants to take your precious idol and sell it to the highest bidder! But I want to take it and put it in a museum and get a really nice honorarium for my efforts!?

((Hovitos warrior raises his hand and asks a question))

Indy: No, no, it?s totally different. See, he wants to sell it. I want an honorarium. And it belongs in a museum, not in a private collection.

((Another warrior raises his hand, gets called on by Indy, and asks a question))

Indy: Well, it would be protected in the museum. It?s not safe here in the temple. First there was Forrestal, then me, now Belloq. You?re going to lose it one way or the other. And besides, it?s a world treasure. It doesn?t just belong to you.

((Another warrior raises his hand?))

Belloq: All right already! Just shoot him! I?ll give you some machetes and mirrors later!

kongisking

Honestly, I'm not bad enough a person to be any of those guys (or girls), but I chose Donovan purely because of the fact that, out of all the villains, his goal (immortality) I can totally sympathize with. If I could avoid death and live forever to witness all the wonders in store for humanity (boy, do I pity the folks who passed away before the electronic age), I'd do it.

But let me make it clear, I'd never shoot Sean Connery in the gut, though...

Stoo

Belloq was my choice because:

1) I can speak French.
2) I respect & admire my rivals.
3) I enjoy a good bottle of wine.
4) I'm a sharp dresser.
5) I've worn pith helmets & panama hats while globe-trotting.
6) I've smoked hookahs in Cairo!

2009June03_CairoStooHookah_small.jpg

and:
7) My head explodes very often!:D

Goodeknight

Stoo said:
Belloq was my choice because:

1) I can speak French.
2) I respect & admire my rivals.
3) I enjoy a good bottle of wine.
4) I'm a sharp dresser.
5) I've worn pith helmets & panama hats while globe-trotting.
6) I've smoked hookahs in Cairo!

2009June03_CairoStooHookah_small.jpg

and:
7) My head explodes very often!:D

Stoo, is that you in Cairo? (I smoked a nice sheesha there, too, on my trip. First in 15 years.)

Two questions:

* Who's the guy behind you, pointing as if to say, "Get him!"
* What's the monstrous aluminum hand reaching for you??

Crack that whip

Montana Smith said:
Is that including Lucas and Spielberg?

:rolleyes:

Montana Smith said:
I never saw Indy as a hero in the white knight sense. He's a rogue. Sometimes doing good is just something that coincides with his mission, or something he finds himself impossible to avoid.

Well, no, he's not a "white knight" type, but he's hardly a villain himself, either. He's a flawed hero, to be sure, but a hero nonetheless.

Mickiana

Because I've got a shaved head and I'd like to rule the world, I feel a kinship with Mola the rock n roller!:p

Stoo

goodeknight said:
Stoo, is that you in Cairo? (I smoked a nice sheesha there, too, on my trip. First in 15 years.)

Two questions:

* Who's the guy behind you, pointing as if to say, "Get him!"
* What's the monstrous aluminum hand reaching for you??
Yes, it's me, Goodeknight. Your other 2 questions will be answered in the "Trip to Cairo" thread (considering we just bumped it forward and that's where the discussion belongs).;)
kongisking said:
Except if they are fans of you-know-who...then it's bloodthirsty hatred all the way! :D
Kong, those people aren't rivals. (They are losers.):sick::rolleyes:..........:D
Mickiana said:
Because I've got a shaved head and I'd like to rule the world, I feel a kinship with Mola the rock n roller!:p
Right on, Mickie! Do you paint RED on the top of your head?:p

---
It would be nice to hear from XanaduMel because she was a fine, real-world-manifestation of Spalko!