Songs that are impossible to find.

Nurhachi1991

Have any of you ever heard a song and it gets stuck in your head and you try to find the song and it is nowhere to be found?

I have been trying to find "The Loveless Motel" by R.C. Bannon ever since I first saw The Outsiders movie. I have literally looked for ever to try and find the song and it's only on a vinyl record!!!!!!!!!

What about you guys?

The Drifter

Yes, I get random songs stuck in my head (it's called a ear-worm, getting songs stuck in your head. Look it up.) and I have not heard some of them for years. Today, I had two in my head. "Abra Cadabra (I Wanna Reach Out and Grab Ya)" and "Get Outta My Head (And Into My Car)"

Nurhachi1991

Yeah but those are songs you can look up and listen to. When you can't find the song and listen to it it's torture haha

The Drifter

Nurhachi1991 said:
Yeah but those are songs you can look up and listen to. When you can't find the song and listen to it it's torture haha

It really is torture. Back when my PC was dead, I would get songs in my head, with no way of hearing them. Drove me crazy.

Morning Bell

"The Man Who Murdered Love" by XTC is fantastic, yet seems to be in short supply. I really need to track down more of their albums.

|ZiR|

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Yes, I get random songs stuck in my head (it's called a ear-worm, getting songs stuck in your head. Look it up.) and I have not heard some of them for years. Today, I had two in my head. "Abra Cadabra (I Wanna Reach Out and Grab Ya)" and "Get Outta My Head (And Into My Car)"

Haha, both of those songs are awesomely bad. I love you for having them in your head.

Sort of related, I can't find the English version of Peter Schilling's Major Tom (Coming Home) on iTunes. It's super lame. They have the 00s dance remix version *and* the original German version. Which is O.K., because the German one isn't horrible or anything, but at the same time it doesn't have the hook and flow it has in English.

Nurhachi1991 said:
Have any of you ever heard a song and it gets stuck in your head and you try to find the song and it is nowhere to be found?

I have been trying to find "The Loveless Motel" by R.C. Bannon ever since I first saw The Outsiders movie. I have literally looked for ever to try and find the song and it's only on a vinyl record!!!!!!!!!

What about you guys?

Yes i see a song on the TV and look it up i cant find it, the only time i see the song is on Ebay for sale or BestBuy.com i think its a shame you have to buy songs. If my parents ever buy a song i will put it on the internet so everyone can listen to a nice song.

The Drifter

IndyWolf15 said:
Yes i see a song on the TV and look it up i cant find it, the only time i see the song is on Ebay for sale or BestBuy.com i think its a shame you have to buy songs. If my parents ever buy a song i will put it on the internet so everyone can listen to a nice song.

Which songs would that be? Bing Crosby's Greatest Hits? Boxcar Willie Sings Folk?
:p

RedeemedChild

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Which songs would that be? Bing Crosby's Greatest Hits? Boxcar Willie Sings Folk?

Songs that I'd love to be able to download for free:

Steven Curtis Chapman: Speechless, All Things New, Magnificent Obsession,

Casting Crowns: Lifesong, Praise You In This Storm, East To West, I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day, Does Anybody Hear Her?, Every Man

Downhere: A Better Way, How Many Kings?

Steve Fee: All Because of Jesus

Wavorly: Praise And Adore

Jeremy Camp: Take You Back, This Man, Give You Glory, Beautiful One

MercyMe: God With Us

Selah: You Raise Me Up, Press On, Wonderful Merciful Savior, Hiding Place

Thousand Foot Krutch: This Is A Call, Breathe You In

Michael W Smith: Gloria, Above All, Breathe, Healing Rain

Nicole C. Mullen: Redeemer, Call On Jesus

Stellar Kart: Hold On

The Magic Rat

Lonsome_Drifter said:

HOW DO YOU KNOW OF BOXCAR WILLIE?!?! What an honor to speak to someone who knows this man's....genius?

Boxcar Willie is a long running inside joke in my family. Always pleased to meet others who actually know who he was.

Indy~Annie

I never had a prob finding songs......what i do have a prob with is I cant remember the names to songs i like.XD So i naver hear of them again unless i hear it on the radio........I know........:p

like theres one im trying to remember right now......

Nurhachi1991

Indy~Annie said:
I never had a prob finding songs......what i do have a prob with is I cant remember the names to songs i like.XD So i naver hear of them again unless i hear it on the radio........I know........:p

like theres one im trying to remember right now......

ugggggggg I hate when that happens!

It took me forever to remember the lyrics for "Let's Dance" by David Bowie only the beat was stuck in my head and I could not figure what song it was

Lonsome_Drifter said:

Well i have been trying to download America Lonely People and some more songs i can not think of i have to ask my parents again.

00Kevin

Indyfan
nowadays its so easy to find a song your looking for, before computers you were out of luck, especially if it was an older song.

Lonsome_Drifter said:

Abra Abracabra! I wanna reach out and grab ya! love that song

Kingsley

00Kevin said:
nowadays its so easy to find a song your looking for, before computers you were out of luck, especially if it was an older song.
Oh, the cassette era :)
Recording songs from the radio, even with the host's voice at beginning or end... and then, I heard it so many times, that I knew every random word as part of the songs.