Shia says Indy 5 is 'cracked'

James

deckard24 said:
It doesn't seem likely! Based on the multiple interviews he gave regarding Skull, he seemed genuinely pissed.

Also, I doubt he would risk another year on something that might be rejected.

But at the same time, I think he might be too close to the material to do it justice. There was a surprising amount of fan service and cutesy in-jokes going on in City of the Gods.

deckard24

James said:
Also, I doubt he would risk another year on something that might be rejected.

But at the same time, I think he might be too close to the material to do it justice. There was a surprising amount of fan service and cutesy in-jokes going on in City of the Gods.
Exactly! He expressed a lot of contempt for Lucas for putting him through the ringer, and I highly doubt he'd go through it again.

Kasdan would be great, but after reading some of his interviews, he looks to be on the outs with Spielberg and Lucas too. Maybe I'm wrong?

Personally I'd love to see Spielberg have one more shot, bring in a great writer like Jeffrey Boam from LC, or Willard Huyck and Gloria Katz from TOD, and a new cinematographer like Dean Cundey, who worked on Jurassic Park.

The Man

deckard24 said:
Personally I'd love to see Spielberg have one more shot, bring in a great writer like Jeffrey Boam from LC, or Willard Huyck and Gloria Katz from TOD, and a new cinematographer like Dean Cundey, who worked on Jurassic Park.

Reading my mind, my friend. Reading. My. Mind.

deckard24

The Man said:
Reading my mind, my friend. Reading. My. Mind.
This trailer says it all, Dean Cundey needs to be brought back for Indy V! Minus the dinosaurs of course, the look of that film was extremely reminiscent of the first three Indy films.

Originally Posted by Resident Alien
Uhm... Jeffrey Boam died 9 years ago.

I didn't know that, that's a shame!

Well, Huyck and Katz are still living, so there's a possibilty.

deckard24 said:
This trailer says it all, Dean Cundey needs to be brought back for Indy V! Minus the dinosaurs of course, the look of that film was extremely reminiscent of the first three Indy films.

Indeed.

And dammit, I was JUST watching that JP trailer not 5 minutes ago. I've been thinking all day about buying the movie. Haven't seen it in a few years and I've had a strange craving for it all week...

deckard24

ResidentAlien said:
Indeed.

And dammit, I was JUST watching that JP trailer not 5 minutes ago. I've been thinking all day about buying the movie. Haven't seen it in a few years and I've had a strange craving for it all week...
That's funny, all this last week I've been tempted to pop it in the DVD player too! It's been a few years since I last saw it, and I'm really curious to see what it looks like in HD. I don't have a Blu-Ray player yet, but I'm gonna bet that whenever it gets released, it will look gorgeous!

On another note, this made me think about Jaws, and how that has still not gotten a Blu-Ray release either.

deckard24 said:
That's funny, all this last week I've been tempted to pop it in the DVD player too! It's been a few years since I last saw it, and I'm really curious to see what it looks like in HD. I don't have a Blu-Ray player yet, but I'm gonna bet that whenever it gets released, it will look gorgeous!

Caved. Just ordered both JP and Lost World in some boxset on Amazon. It was $15 and includes both soundtracks as well as lithographs, etc. I'm surprised the set is still circulating-- it was released in 2000 and is labeled as a "Limited Edition" item. But you can't beat that price....

deckard24

ResidentAlien said:
Caved. Just ordered both JP and Lost World in some boxset on Amazon. It was $15 and includes both soundtracks as well as lithographs, etc. I'm surprised the set is still circulating-- it was released in 2000 and is labeled as a "Limited Edition" item. But you can't beat that price....
That is a great deal! I still need to get Lost World, and occasionally when I'm at Target and I see the three pack, I'm tempted to pick it up.

Do you have a Blu-Ray player? If not are you planning on getting one, with how much the prices have dropped as of late?

deckard24 said:
That is a great deal! I still need to get Lost World, and occasionally when I'm at Target and I see the three pack, I'm tempted to pick it up.

Do you have a Blu-Ray player? If not are you planning on getting one, with how much the prices have dropped as of late?

Do not-- I don't even have an HDTV. I'm just a poor starving college student. Besides, my wallet is still weeping after the $1500 I dropped on my latest film...

deckard24

ResidentAlien said:
Do not-- I don't even have an HDTV. I'm just a poor starving college student. Besides, my wallet is still weeping after the $1500 I dropped on my latest film...
I hear you man! I got an LG home theater system in a box a few years ago from Best Buy, it was the floor model, so it was severly marked down. The nice thing is it has an upconvert DVD player, so the standard DVDs look pretty decent. It's no Blu-Ray, but it does the trick.

What's your latest film about, and when do you graduate?

deckard24 said:
I hear you man! I got an LG home theater system in a box a few years ago from Best Buy, it was the floor model, so it was severly marked down. The nice thing is it has an upconvert DVD player, so the standard DVDs look pretty decent. It's no Blu-Ray, but it does the trick.

What's your latest film about, and when do you graduate?

PM me for info on the film. There's also a topic about it on the board-- Ab Aeterno is the name.

I graduate in a year. 29 credits to go...

emtiem

deckard24 said:
This trailer says it all, Dean Cundey [of Jurassic Park] needs to be brought back for Indy V!

Yeah- and they should get the writer of that to work on Indy too; he'd be good.. ;)

Kingsley

Spielberg should take it serious this time, that's enough.
No more for "the fans" and "enjoying the experience in the set"...

sandiegojones

emtiem said:
Yeah- and they should get the writer of that to work on Indy too; he'd be good.. ;)
Funny! Personally I liked Koepp's work, I think it was the editing and direction that was off. Spielberg and Kahn hadn't done a film like KOTCS in a while so they were rusty.

Hanselation

Comic Con - New official news?

emtiem said:
The BBC's entertainment correspondent Lizo Mzimba has tweeted this from the Transformers premiere in London:

Shia LaBoeuf says Steven Spielberg has cracked story for another Indiana Jones and that he thinks they're "gearing that up" at the moment.

http://twitter.com/lizo_mzimba

So.... from Shia? Reported by the BBC? That's a pretty solid source of news, isn't it?

I read at theraider.net, that there maybe given some new infos about the progress development of the next Indiana Jones movie at Comic-Con 2009. :D

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/index.php

Is it sure that we'll get some hot news there, like we have got in 2007 from the set of KotCS? Or is it just a hope of some fans who are whishing that?

I agree

sandiegojones said:
Funny! Personally I liked Koepp's work, I think it was the editing and direction that was off. Spielberg and Kahn hadn't done a film like KOTCS in a while so they were rusty.

Script wasn't bad. Some elements were from all the different drafts (nuked fridge, rocket sled, etc) so I don't think Koepp had much control on removing those elements.

The direction just seemed lazy to me. Don't get me wrong, I really liked the movie. But the actions scenes, the lack of any real globe-hopping (all of the South America scenes filmed in Hawaii), excessive use of cgi elements (monkeys, prairie dogs) seemed to be just by the numbers.