• older indy

Votes: 23 79.3%
  • indy's son

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • prequels

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters

Eric Solo

If they HAD to cast a new Indy I recommend Eric Bana. He impressed me in Munich. I'm not sure he could pull off the smart-ass wry humor like HF, But he looks the part. Like Clive Owen, he would have to mask the accent, but he did it well in the hulk movie.
(thats the only good thing i can say about the hulk apart from jennifer connellys assets.)

Last edited:

Vendetta08

arkfinder said:
I hate it when movie franchise's change main characters from movie to movie. Look at the Batman films of the 90's.

Yuk. When Keaton left, Batman films went downhill in the 90s. Ugh, they raped those movies. But on the other hand, James Bond has done it well. But we've got to look at the facts. Yes, Ford is the man when it comes to Indiana Jones but his time as the badass action stars is almost over, his mileage is in the high 6 figures area. To quote the first Batman film, "think about the future." What are we going to do 5 years from now when Ford is 70. There are two choices, leave the films where they are and come on this message board to reminiscent about the past or recast someone else and continue the adventures ala Bond.

I sure as heck know which one I would rather. I bet when Indy 4 comes out, there's going to be a huge surge, the fanbase is going to double.

And Solo, I think Eric Bana would also be a very cool choice.

Dr.Sartorius

Eric Bana, Nathan Fillion, Dennis Quaid, Viggo Mortensen, etc. = will never be Indiana Jones. You can quote me on that. None of these guys has the charisma Harrison Ford has. They don't have Ford's subtle humor. Those are required for the role.

After this movie they should just stop making Indiana Jones movies. One movie with an older Indy is enough. We don't need to see the continuing adventures of Indy's successor or son either (unless it it done really well, which will never happen). Video/computer games, novels/books, and a well made animated series would be just fine.

Chris Jones

No one can replace Ford, but if he retires and they want to do more, prequels would be better. I don't want to see a middle aged Indy casted as someone else.

Rivers

If they ever decided to do prequels, I would stick with Sean Patrick Flannery for continuity sake. He did a good job as young Indy...why wouldnt you use him instead of the others mentioned. At least he has played the character and knows it well.

Finn

Staff member
Rivers said:
why wouldnt you use him instead of the others mentioned.
P'haps because Flanery has aged as well? He'd be 20 years older than the character he's supposed to be play in those possible prequels.

Vendetta08

Dr.Sartorius said:
Eric Bana, Nathan Fillion, Dennis Quaid, Viggo Mortensen, etc. = will never be Indiana Jones. You can quote me on that. None of these guys has the charisma Harrison Ford has. They don't have Ford's subtle humor. Those are required for the role.

After this movie they should just stop making Indiana Jones movies. One movie with an older Indy is enough. We don't need to see the continuing adventures of Indy's successor or son either (unless it it done really well, which will never happen). Video/computer games, novels/books, and a well made animated series would be just fine.

I really really want an animated series! I don't believe there's ever been one.

Rivers

Finn said:
P'haps because Flanery has aged as well? He'd be 20 years older than the character he's supposed to be play in those possible prequels.

very true....but remember Sean Flannery was in his late 20's playing Indy as a teenager...he could pull it off easy!!!

Finn

Staff member
Interestingly enough, btw, many of those other actors suggested are also in their 40s or late 30s yet they'd have to play Indy in his 20s.

Not completely impossible, I know, but I wonder if everyone's on the same page what we're looking here.

I can't help but say it'd be interesting to see at least one completely recast Indy flick, if for nothing else but leverage for/against the discussion only Ford can pull it off.

Last edited:

Vendetta08

Completely agree.

And if they were to do it, I don't think the actor should be any younger than 30 if it's going to be the Ford Indy.

Montana_Jones

Why not have Sean Patrick Flanery back as Indiana Jones? I mean, there're alot of prequel books which came out in the 1990's from Bantam. It'd be quite cost prohibitive to adapt them all into feature films but a mini-series for each novel would be the ideal choice. I wonder if they'd shoot on location again or go the Sky Captain route?

Vendetta08

Please, no Sky Captain. Going completely greenscreen is for a very stylized look and in the case of SC, very glossy too, SC also threw too much into the film. I definitely want to keep the Indiana Jones films in a realistic style not Sin City or Sky Captain.

IndySeven

I think that Indy 4 should take place after WWII, with Indy fighting the Soviets during the Cold War. It would be a good storyline.