Shia says Indy 5 is 'cracked'

QBComics

Indy's Fist said:
Funny how this announcement shortly after the cancelation after "The Staff of Moses" book huh? I bet Indy's looking for another biblical artifact like the Holy Grail & the Ark. Perhaps a staff?;)

Now I don't know much about the new game (that and I haven't played it much), but wouldn't it collide with SOK?

Robyn

Indy's Fist said:
Funny how this announcement shortly after the cancelation after "The Staff of Moses" book huh? I bet Indy's looking for another biblical artifact like the Holy Grail & the Ark. Perhaps a staff?;)

I really hope so! The biblical artifacts are my favorites!

DocWhiskey said:
I really hope this news follows through. Personally, I'd love an Indy 5.

That's the spirit Doc(y)

Indy's Fist said:

If anything they should go back to mystical/religious objects.

If they had ANY balls whatsoever it would be Muslim.

Plus Sallah would be back, and maybe more substantial/serious!

Anduril33

i dont know what the next one would be, i read somewhere a while ago that lucas is wanting to change indy more while spielberg is wanting to stay more traditional indy.

Indy's Fist

Anduril33 said:
i dont know what the next one would be, i read somewhere a while ago that lucas is wanting to change indy more while spielberg is wanting to stay more traditional indy.

Yeah sounds like Lucas wants Indy/Harrison to retire. He want's Mutt/Shia to carry on the series.

QBComics

Indy's Fist said:
Yeah sounds like Lucas wants Indy/Harrison to retire. He want's Mutt/Shia to carry on the series.

Actually a while back, Lucas said If a movie were to star Mutt it would be called "Mutt and the Search for Elvis" or something like that. He clearly stated that Harrison IS Indy

Indy's Fist

QBComics said:
Actually a while back, Lucas said If a movie were to star Mutt it would be called "Mutt and the Search for Elvis" or something like that. He clearly stated that Harrison IS Indy

Oh I'm not suggesting that Shia would play Indy or anything. I would just hate the idea that KOTCS was a backdoor for a Mutt Williams series of films. Or worse having Indy show up in a Mutt movie!

Gear

ronicle said:
Why???? Like I said before, so what if kotcs wasn't the greatest, that doesn't mean Indy 5 can't be!

I didn't suggest that a fifth film would be doomed to failure, but instead that they've made a bad impression of their skills with their handling of the fourth installment (and possibly a second trilogy(?)) 20 years later, so I'm not too keen on the boys going at it again. I'm saying, perhaps they ought to let Jones go, but like others have pointed out, he'd leave on a sour note.

Indy's brother

I can only assume two things from this video. Shia has no fear of reprisal for spilling the info, which tells me he has been given the ok to leak it. You know how secrecy enshrouds all things Lucas. Secondly, Shia will be in it, wether it be a cameo or another sidekick type role. Otherwise, why would Spielberg be telling him anything this soon? And be allowing him to say anything?

I for one welcome a 5th! It can only go better this time. The ufo thing is finally out of the way. Spending too much time in familiar settings to reintroduce Indy's character has been gotten out of the way. Next time out it will be a less self-conscious affair, and hopefully Indy can get on the road a little quicker. Plus now he can go somewhere a little more exotic than the United States and Mexico, since KOTCS kind of milked the college and warehouse for every last drop, and he can't go to mexico twice.

This time I vow to go in spoiler-free. It'll be 2 years from now at the earliest. 1 year on the script if they start writing today, another year for preproduction, the shoot, and post. Please get a new writer (though I doubt it). No matter what, though, every time Mr. Ford puts that hat on, Movie Magic happens. I'm in.

Grizzlor

The only shot this film has of not being a complete laughing stock, is if Lucas allows for Steven or whoever to truly confer on the story outline. Lucas's ridiculous insistence on the MacGuffin and various other story elements for KOTCS kept the movie from being made for over a decade. Not to mention those elements were roundly criticized.

I think its a good thing, if Shia is on the ball. I say this because it would mean Lucas would have crafted a story, and gotten Spielberg and I assume Ford, et al., to agree at face value. All within less than one year. Now getting a script they agree on is another thing, but the reason KOTCS went through so many scripts was because Steven and Harrison were not comfortable with the alien story Lucas pushed on them. If this is a general story they are happy with, not worried over, then the script should be a piece of cake.

As for whether Spielberg, Lucas, and Harrison can do the film..... Lucas is really not as busy as he says, in fact he's probably the least of them all. Harrison only works for a portion of the year, and his only film for 2010 and beyond is Morning Glory, which I think they are just starting to film. Spielberg has the most on his plate, but he also literally has an army of people who work for him. He'll find the time.

Indy's brother said:
I can only assume two things from this video.
Video?!?!
Indy's brother said:
I for one welcome a 5th! It can only go better this time. The ufo thing is finally out of the way. Spending too much time in familiar settings to reintroduce Indy's character has been gotten out of the way. Next time out it will be a less self-conscious affair, and hopefully Indy can get on the road a little quicker.
I for two!:confused: ;)

Let's hope the learning curve is better for Indy then Star Wars and we get something closer to Sith and not Clones!

Maybe we'll get a homage to Horror movies instead of B-Alien Red Menace flicks, and it'll be Indiana Jones and the Ebola Zombies!