General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

The Man

torao said:
itsallyours.jpg

Somehow I managed to trick myself into believing that this actually didn't happen. I appreciate the fact that Harrison Ford was kind enough to give that Hat including the signature to Labeouf as a nice gesture. But what does it mean? (A question I seem to ask myself a lot lately when it comes to things "said" by Mr F.)

What's the inscription, T?

torao

Moderator Emeritus
The Man said:
What's the inscription, T?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5D5T5AevCVI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5D5T5AevCVI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
"It'S ALL YOURS" (According to The Complete Making of that is...)

The Man

IndyFan89 said:
Where are they shooting at?

I don't remember Mutt in any Nevada shots. :confused:

He was there perpetually, be it New Mexico or the Hangar 51 shoot (remember that publicity shot of he and Marion on the bike?)...

Spielberg needed him close at all times for consultation purposes.

TheMutt92

The Man said:
Spielberg needed him close at all times for consultation purposes.

From How George Lucas Might F*** up Indy 4

Spielberg:
Shia you direct the next scene!

Shia:
Oh, man! I can't substitute direct for Steven Spielberg!

Kingsley

Well, here we go again... the best part of Indy 4 was the anticipation.
So I welcome an Indy 5!

More so, now that the bar is lower. I only expect a better movie than Kotcs, not so hard task. A little redemption.

The plot?
I agree with others who want a more Indy driven adventure. Less Mutt, less Marion as a mom.

Somewhere, sometime, I wrote some ideas for a new adventure. Can't find them, they probably were between the posts i've lost in some controversial removed threads.
It was about Indy starting the adventure far far away from home, and it's goal was trying to return there. A long and struggling journey. An old hero in his last trip. Ala Ulysses Odissey.
A satisfying last chapter.

Udvarnoky

Maybe Shia was brought along for the New Mexico shoot for makeup and costume tests? After all, you're always preparing for future scenes while shooting the present one. The fact that he's in his Mutt jacket suggests this.

TheMutt92

Kingsley said:
The plot?
I agree with others who want a more Indy driven adventure. Less Mutt, less Marion as a mom.

Mutt in the second half would be good (like Sallah in LC). But personally, I don't want really alot of Marion because I think she has run her course as a central character, we've seen all she can offer. And also, I think characters in an Indy film (aside from Indy) have about a two film lifespan. I mean, first film is character setup, second film is usually for a good time.

Kingsley said:
It was about Indy starting the adventure far far away from home, and it's goal was trying to return there. A long and struggling journey. An old hero in his last trip. Ala Ulysses Odissey.

Sounds like a cool idea! Almost like KOTCS in that Indy already has the aritfact, but now must protect it on his way back to put it in a museum, only to discover along the way it possesses powers above his understanding! I also always thought Indy should delve into Greek mythology.

Indy's brother

Originally Posted by Kingsley

Seriously, I like to think of myself as a good writer, but that is a great idea.

James

TheMutt92 said:
Mutt in the second half would be good (like Sallah in LC). But personally, I don't want really alot of Marion because I think she has run her course as a central character, we've seen all she can offer.

I would prefer to see Mutt return to help Indy in the prologue, but then be off at college once the main storyline begins. This could establish the central idea that Mutt's adventures are just beginning, while Indy's are slowly winding down.

But this scenario is only if Mutt has to return. I actually feel like his character has run its course, while Marion still has some potential left to explore. After all, her presence in KOTCS felt more like a re-introduction than anything else.

If it is to be the final Indy film, then I agree with Kingsley that the "one last quest" storyline would be a great way to go. This is where the rumored Garden of Eden McGuffin could prove ideal, as the entire point of the film could be to reach a destination- as opposed to a simple artifact. Such a plot would also provide an obvious thematic reason for Marion's return.

Of course, ideally, I'd like to see an entire second trilogy built around this older portrayal of Indiana Jones.

Indy's brother

James said:
Of course, ideally, I'd like to see an entire second trilogy built around this older portrayal of Indiana Jones.

I would like to hope that we all feel the same. However, since I can't speak for anyone else, I will tell you that I agree. Completely. There will never be another character in cinema that can capture my imagination like Indiana Jones has within my lifetime, so I want more.

POUR IT ON.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I still think the Garden of Eden has great potential. So would love to see that as the MacGuffin. In terms of characters, I would want Marion to return because I felt she was way underused in KOTCS and just was underdeveloped in general and would like to see a film that uses her properly in the narrative. Mutt I think should only return for part of the film as it has been suggested already. The opening adventure including Mutt and then leaving for school, Mutt says something like, "don't get into trouble while I'm gone" and somehow Indy and Marion get into trouble or whatever. Mutt coming back at the very very end (not in the final climax).