General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

deckard24

No Ticket said:
Well sorry it's true. I can read it just fine in the picture.
I tried willing it away, but it just doesn't seem to work! Maybe that's how Ford inscribes all his fedoras that he gives out as gifts?:rolleyes:

bergstrom

In Ireland, they're talking about the spear od Christ or spear of Destinty and they mentioned Patton and Nazis etc. What special effects scenes could be garnered from haviong the spear there, well, let george worry about that one.

Berg

The Man

bergstrom said:
In Ireland, they're talking about the spear od Christ or spear of Destinty and they mentioned Patton and Nazis etc. What special effects scenes could be garnered from haviong the spear there, well, let george worry about that one.

Berg

You're damn right! I've been listening to it over the last couple of days. The Patton involvement is quite tantalising. Perhaps Indy must prevent the U.S. military from using the Spear as the Nazi's had intended to pervert the Ark...

indyt

The Man said:
You're damn right! I've been listening to it over the last couple of days. The Patton involvement is quite tantalising. Perhaps Indy must prevent the U.S. military from using the Spear as the Nazi's had intended to pervert the Ark...

Where did you guys hear this info from? I am interested.

The Man

indyt said:
Where did you guys hear this info from? I am interested.

It was on a Irish radio show. Apparently, Hitler was fascinated with the artefact for most of his life. General Patton was said to have an interest aswell.

The Spear, which which used to stab Christ during The Crucifixion, was described much like the Ark, granting invincibility to any army that possessed it.

Here's more.

The Man

Benraianajones said:
Wonder how the lead villan would die as a result of the spear if they did use it as an idea.

Their blood could turn to water - though that might be hard to visualize...

Benraianajones

The Man said:
Their blood could turn to water - though that might be hard to visualize...

Maybe they could be pierced with it, and they begin to bleed through the hole, then their nostrils, it starts as blood, then becomes gushing water!

I had a severe nose bleed earlier this year (both nostrils, and down my throat!) and I actually thought at a later stage, it;d be cool to see an Indy villan bleeding badly through their nostrils and eyes. Because my mind works that way!

indyt

I may be wrong, but I heard that Hitler had the spear in his possession for a while. When he longer had it, that was when he commited suicide. Again, just a something I had read about once. I do know it is true that Hitler was interested in supernatural artifacts. Did not know Patton was interested in the spear though.

The Man

indyt said:
Did not know Patton was interested in the spear though.

http://www.funfacts.com.au/superstition-adolph-hitler-the-spear/

...General George Patton then became fascinated by the weapon and had its authenticity verified.

Eisenhower however, seeing Patton's fascination with the spear, quickly gave orders that Spear of Longinus along with some other artifacts were to be returned to the Hofburg Palace in Austria where it remains today.

IndyFan89

There is multiple fan films entitled "Indiana Jones and the Spear of Destiny".

I love they idea, but i like the Staff of Moses better, maybe a solomon's temple sort of thing.

Solomon was the worlds wisest man. God granted him the power of wisdom to lead his people. Maybe a artifact inside this lost temple could have the power to grant wisdom to all who posses it.

What army doesn't want wisdom?

Indiana Jones
and the Search for Wisdom's Temple. (y)

James

The Garden of Eden probably has a better chance than the Spear of Longinus. The former is an idea that Spielberg has previously mentioned, and the only one that both Lucas and Spielberg avoided discussing throughout the KOTCS promotion. (Yet they rarely have a problem discussing rejected story ideas.)

I also think the Spear would be deemed too similar to the Holy Grail.

IndyFan89

James said:
The Garden of Eden probably has a better chance than the Spear of Longinus. The former is an idea that Spielberg has previously mentioned, and the only one that both Lucas and Spielberg avoided discussing throughout the KOTCS promotion. (Yet they rarely have a problem discussing rejected story ideas.)

I also think the Spear would be deemed too similar to the Holy Grail.

If they go with the garden of eden, there is a chance you will see over sized beasts. A giant snake perhaps. In the garden of eden, nothing could die, so reptiles would just keep getting bigger and bigger.

The giant snake idea seems like something GL and SS have been playing with for awhile. First in that magazine cover in the INDY III thread, then in Frank Darabont's Indy 4 script.

bergstrom

Benraianajones said:
Maybe they could be pierced with it, and they begin to bleed through the hole, then their nostrils, it starts as blood, then becomes gushing water!

I had a severe nose bleed earlier this year (both nostrils, and down my throat!) and I actually thought at a later stage, it;d be cool to see an Indy villan bleeding badly through their nostrils and eyes. Because my mind works that way!

won't happen, because of a little rating called P.G

James

IndyFan89 said:
If they go with the garden of eden, there is a chance you will see over sized beasts. A giant snake perhaps. In the garden of eden, nothing could die, so reptiles would just keep getting bigger and bigger.

The giant snake idea seems like something GL and SS have been playing with for awhile. First in that magazine cover in the INDY III thread, then in Frank Darabont's Indy 4 script.

I don't believe they had anything to do with that old magazine cover, but otherwise, interesting point.

I wouldn't mind seeing that type of approach in the film...possibly veering close to Lovecraft territory. It could be a logical next step in exploring the 1950's "B" genre.

caats

i have a feeling at least that Lucas has his "inter-dimensional beings" out of his system. and Harrison said on the docu that he's not fond of "little green men". so i doubt he'd call Lucas' idea "great" if it was aliens again