The Empereor's Tomb Sequel That Never Was...

lao che & sons

Henry said:
Have you noticed this another picture?

354021_1227431989.jpg

It's in Han's Portoflio at http://wrinklyoldtroll.cgsociety.org/about/

"Ohhhh it breaks the heart...and the head":rolleyes:

Lego Indy

DocWhiskey said:
ET could've been the start of a real Indiana Jones game franchise. But who knows?

I agree. ET could've opened the door to a whole series. I only hope there are more games planned for the future.

Indy's brother

Lucasarts, give us a good Indy game worth playing and the dollars will roll in. Then make it into a series and I'll give you every penny I have to play them, dummies. There's a reason so many successful video game franchises have mined Indy for inspiration: Because it's an awesome license! Why do I have to play an Indy-"ish" game to get a good adventure while my lame game with Dr. Jones collects dust? It's frustrating, and bordering on sadism. To say the least.

I'm going to go sit in a corner and hit myself over the head with a brick for a while, because to quote Lewis Black, "If I'm going to be in that much pain, I'm going to do it to MYSELF."

DiscoLad

*Bump*

So instead we got Staff of Kings... *Facepalm*(n)

Anyway, hopefully they'll learn from that mistake and realize what the fans actually want though.

I like the pictures posted, Though his arms seem like something is off. . .
Can't place it though.

Hit the nail on the head with the faces.

Indy's brother

DiscoLad said:
Quite ape-ish.

The problem with that model actually begins with the overly broad shoulders. To make the shoulders work, his hands would have to dangle almost to his knees, and he would have to be taller, too. Then of course his head would be too small. Would I care if the game was released and was at least on par with Emperor's Tomb? Not so much. Truly admirable work on Harrison's face, though, they nailed the eyes in particular.

DiscoLad

Indy's brother said:
Truly admirable work on Harrison's face, though, they nailed the eyes in particular.

I know, damn good work.
Why can't LucasArts have eyes to see how good this could've been.

The Drifter

DiscoLad said:
I know, damn good work.
Why can't LucasArts have eyes to see how good this could've been.

Because the world needs it's 18,543,217th Star Wars game! That's why.

But, it's mind boggling to me. Look how well Uncharted 2 done. Multiple game of the year awards and tons of praise by critics and fans alike. And, it's an action/adventure game. Right now would be the prime time to make a new Indiana Jones game to capitalize on that.

Indy's brother

Lonsome_Drifter said:

I may have mentioned this once before somewhere around here, but I'll reiterate. This sort of making Indy "sit in the back of the bus" while Star Wars rides up front has turned my already pedestrian interest in SW to a true disdain for the franchise.

DiscoLad

Indy's brother said:
This sort of making Indy "sit in the back of the bus" while Star Wars rides up front has turned my already pedestrian interest in SW to a true disdain for the franchise.

Indeed.

The Tingler

I don't know if that's entirely true, as barring The Old Republic (which LucasArts aren't even publishing, they barely have anything to do with it) and Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (which they're not developing) there aren't any Star Wars games on the table either. The Force Unleashed II was terrible and is getting panned from all quarters, so I have a feeling that franchise might be dead in the water now.

Lao_Che

Lonsome_Drifter said:

But, it's mind boggling to me. Look how well Uncharted 2 done. Multiple game of the year awards and tons of praise by critics and fans alike. And, it's an action/adventure game. Right now would be the prime time to make a new Indiana Jones game to capitalize on that.

Agreed. It's the wrong way around but Indy's been chasing the likes of Tomb Raider so I'm surprised that at the bare minimum LucasArts doesn't throw out a game that has a suspiciously similar engine to Uncharted.

Knights of the Old Republic should have been an example that if you make a good game people will buy it. It didn't even have a Battle of Hoth! ;)

Although KotOR and first Force Unleashed are also examples of games that were in demand by a lot of people who were then given subpar sequels.

Montana_Jones

Lao_Che said:
Agreed. It's the wrong way around but Indy's been chasing the likes of Tomb Raider so I'm surprised that at the bare minimum LucasArts doesn't throw out a game that has a suspiciously similar engine to Uncharted.

Knights of the Old Republic should have been an example that if you make a good game people will buy it. It didn't even have a Battle of Hoth! ;)

Although KotOR and first Force Unleashed are also examples of games that were in demand by a lot of people who were then given subpar sequels.
I'll never play The Force Unleashed or any Clone Wars shovelware LucasArts would want to cram down my gullet.
They need to work in house right NOW for a new Indiana Jones game, even get Harrison Ford to voice Indiana among other greatness. Yes, I even want the average game time for this to be over 100+ hours with MANY various places to explore and huge maps. I want this to be given the non-rushed dedication of a fine tuned and honed game.(y)
No LucasArts and LucasFilm, I'm not interested in Star Wars at all anymore, excluding Knights of the Old Republic.

EddyW

Guys, sorry to post this here but I didn't want to make a new thread for it. I am looking for some testfootage released a while ago for a never produced 3D Indy game. It had a run cycle and a few shots of Indy hiding in the bushes and talking. It looked pretty good, but I can't remember the title of this game and thus can't find the clips either. Could anybody help me out?

Indy Brazil

EddyW said:
Guys, sorry to post this here but I didn't want to make a new thread for it. I am looking for some testfootage released a while ago for a never produced 3D Indy game. It had a run cycle and a few shots of Indy hiding in the bushes and talking. It looked pretty good, but I can't remember the title of this game and thus can't find the clips either. Could anybody help me out?

Check those videos: http://www.unseen64.net/2009/08/04/indiana-jones-and-the-staff-of-kings-xbox-360-ps3-cancelled/