General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Raiders90

IndyForever said:
The waiting is almost over as Spielberg is doing his ROTLA Q&A this evening so we will hear something good or bad regardless in the next 12 hours or so!!

I seem to remember them saying Spielberg + Special Guest so who knows if Lucas/Ford will be there as well..........

The special guest is probably Shia, to announce the first Adventures of Mutt Williams film.

Montana Smith

Raiders112390 said:
The special guest is probably Shia, to announce the first Adventures of Mutt Williams film.

And then he'll present Harry with a replacement goldfish in consolation. It'll be such a beautiful moment there won't be a dry eye in the room.
monk21.gif
puke1-1.gif

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
There's a link in the news archives for the audio of this interview. I recently discovered a little more Indy talk at the end.
October 1, 2010
Q: Take that franchise over and do movies?
Shia LaBeouf: "There's greater men than I who could answer that question. I'm in no control. But I wouldn't say no. I know that Steven and George have talked about it. I know that Harrison has talked about it. I know that George is out scouting to find another MacGuffin, so he's in the midst of it right now, in the search. I think he found it. I think that George and Steven are writing right now, but I don't know whether I'm in it or not. I know that I've been kept aware and in the loop information-wise, but I don't know when or where."
Q: The adventures of Mutt Jones, coming up next!
Shia LaBeouf: "I don't think I'd want to watch that movie, to be honest with you. I think you need Indy there or you sort of lose the magic of what that movie is. He is the magic, I think. I think he is the magic. I think he's the magic in a very, very different way. I don't know where they're going to go from now."
Q: Just give a little heads up to George Lucas about taking over.
Shia LaBeouf: "It's not an easy thing to just throw his way. Like, 'hey George, let me take over this whole thing for you.' No, I mean, he knows, I'm, of course, I mean, yeah sure, who wouldn't? But I think Harrison is gung-ho. Harrison is the one who's been pushing them to make another one. Harrison is the most gung-ho out of the whole troop. He wants back in and he knows. Harrison is in his mid sixties. He is so jacked. He is the strongest man, physically, that I've ever come across in my life."

ben85

Looking forward to hearing about the Q&A.. maybe someone in attendance could post short updates from twitter?..

Attila the Professor

Staff member
ben85 said:
Looking forward to hearing about the Q&A.. maybe someone in attendance could post short updates from twitter?..

I'd be happy enough to wait if it means more accuracy...unless you need to get word to your bookie. ;)

ben85

Attila the Professor said:
I'd be happy enough to wait if it means more accuracy...unless you need to get word to your bookie. ;)

Yeah you are right, just eager to hear what comes of it I guess..

ben85

Well the topic of discussion was going to include the "future of the franchise", wasn't it? In any case, being a Q&A, someone is going to have to ask.. At least an indication of how far the research/planning stage has progressed.. hopefully a possible timeframe for production to start?..

ben85

teampunk said:
Any news? Anyone hear anything?

You might have to be a twitter member to do this, but I am searching tweets with the term "Spielberg" and refreshing every so often - at this point it's just been people saying "waiting for screening to start" or "at screening with Spielberg Q+A" etc. and these are alongside other unrelated posts which mention his name.

ben85

Within the last 3 minutes of this post the screening has finished.

Spielberg is onstage.

http://twitter.com/#!/EricIGN

This user has already started quoting Spielberg from the stage so credit should be given to him.

EricIGN Eric Goldman
"We talk about it yes, and we're hopeful, some day" - Spielberg on Indy 5, after joking about bridges burned from Crystal Skull.

Harrison Ford also joined him onstage. Lucky people..

Last edited:

IndyForever

Had a strong feeling it would be Ford as special guest they announced it then did not mention it again so it was obvious it was either Ford/Lucas.

The Indy5 comments do not sound too optimistic from Spielberg though sounds like he is not keen to do another unfortunately.........

Indy's brother

EricIGN Eric Goldman
"We talk about it yes, and we're hopeful, some day" - Spielberg on Indy 5, after joking about bridges burned from Crystal Skull.

man. That's weak as hell.

I hope there's something more substantial.

Because I am an idiot.