Why do you hate Willie Scott?

RaideroftheArk

I think she did a great job of playing that ditzy blonde lost in the jungle. And Yes, I'm very thankful we didn't have a Marion clone because than the debates would be "Why do we hate the Marion rip off?" Willie was just fine and the best part was that even though she hated everything about Indy's life he was still able to romance her. ;)

SterankoII

Favorite Willie moment was when Indy threatens to drop the Stones into the gorge and she gives Mola Ram that kind of look of "Hah, he's got you!"

Michael24

SterankoII said:
Favorite Willie moment was when Indy threatens to drop the Stones into the gorge and she gives Mola Ram that kind of look of "Hah, he's got you!"

Yeah, I love that. She looks back with that big amused grin and does that thing where she raises her eyebrows kind of mockingly, like going "Nanner-nanner-nanner" to Mola Ram. Haha!!

Hedwig

I don't hate Willie but there is something that makes me think "Argh! That woman is so annoying!" I'm not sure if it is the screaming or what... But Short Round is awesome!:D

Deckard

I can relate this to the other discussion on will Spalko work as a villian.

I don't hate Willie but like her less then Elsa and Marion because she is weaker. Constantly in need of help from Indy.

Wille : "AHHHH OMG BUGS AHHHHH OMG, AHHHH WTF I BROKE A NAIL!"

Marion : too busy hitting a guy w. a flaming chunk of wood for corny one liners

What has everyone got against screaming?
Screaming is a perfectly natural response to moments of terror. Guys do it, too. The Nazis in Raiders going over a cliff in the car: screaming like nancy boys? Toht seeing the spirit coming at him at the end of Raiders: Screamer.
Belloq before his head explodes: Screamer. Mola Ram falling to his death: Screamer. Vogel over the cliff: Screamer.
Willie just does it that bit more...

Deckard

Yea but they all screamed because they were

a.) falling from a large cliff and doomed

b.) a freaking ghost made by the power of god is melting the skin from your face.

c.) your head is going to explode

Willie screams because Mola Ram is standing in front of her. Or theres a bug on her hand. If that were Marion she'd probably punch Mola Ram. When Marions brought on deck on the bantue wind and see's Colonel Deitrech, does she scream or does she run up hand cocked to punch him in the face?

Willie also screams because of

1. Soup

2. an Owl

3. a monkey

4. she breaks a nail

5. Do i have to keep going....

If someone is of a nervous disposition, they have every right to scream and scream again. To scream is to be human. So, Willie screams if there's a bug on her hand. So what? No one knows how they are going to react in certain situations.

(I bet Belloq screams when he stubs his toe.)

Deckard

Maybe but the simple fact is I dont want to hear her scream 50 times at the top of her lungs in an ear piering way in a 2 hour span.

You know what scream I LOVE? Spiderman when Kirsten is dropped from the bridge and falling.

Yet when Willie is screaming as the rope bridge is cut Im just like damn shut up already. Its too much. Too many times.

Nova in Planet Of The Apes? Indy and his incredible mute sidekick! Willie is a pampered showgirl. The character explains the screams. We all need to get over this. How dull would it be if every sidekick were two fisted hellcats who sock it to Indy's jaw. I love Willie. She is lively and amusing as opposed to Elsa who is dull and uninteresting.

Deckard

Thats exactly why I don't like her, she doesn't feel right for Indy.

I went out w/ a girl once who was high maintenance, "OMG my sister's friend's boyfriend reggie was at shopright and saw this kid earl. Earl went out w/ this girl Sally Weaver can u believe it?" "OMG Hold my purse, OMG LOOK AT THOSE PANTS, WERE GOING IN THIS STORE!"

I never answered my phone again and had my friend tell her I joined the Marines to fly helicopters.

My point here is I don't see Indy as the guy holding a purse. I want a girl who can kick just as much ass as Indy while Indy is kicking ass and not having to protect her ALL THE TIME. 2x the Ass Kicking for 1 price. Thats why Marion is back in 4. Thats why the majority of people prefer her.

And I don't need to get over anything, its preferance.

Deckard

Haha, I'd be too busy, Thats the one drawback you can't take your hands off the controls in a smaller helicopter. So if you've got a 2 hour flight, your hands are practically crippled the rest of the day.

indyflys_solo

Okay, Herr Gruber & Deckard, let's pull the claws back in. Although I'm more inclined to go with everything Deckard said, everyone is entitled to his own opinion. Even if that means not minding a girl who shrieks incessantly about nothing. (Sorry, Herr Gruber, had to get that one in.) ;)
And about the whole helicopter thing... that's what my sister wants to do for a living. I prefer planes myself, and I like to think that if my plane developed complications I would go out with a shout and a "Heck yes!"
Either that, or I would pull out my parachute, grab my hero, and land in a treacherous area where we could kick some major *** together. :whip:

Indy_Chic

SterankoII said:

Hahaha! I love that too! She just makes me laugh. I think her "best" scream was when she runs into Mola Ram at the Rope Bridge. Whoa what a scream!;)

I reckon Willie was pretty lucky though since she got to be rescued by Indy who was shirtless in the last half of the film. *sigh*:eek:

indyflys_solo said:
Okay, Herr Gruber & Deckard, let's pull the claws back in. Although I'm more inclined to go with everything Deckard said, everyone is entitled to his own opinion. Even if that means not minding a girl who shrieks incessantly about nothing. (Sorry, Herr Gruber, had to get that one in.) ;)

I know this is a case of herrgruberflys_solo, but, I think Willie is screaming because she fears for her pretty little life.