Emperor's Tomb

Luckylighter

Indyologist, just take a deep breath, clear your mind, and don't panic. Just get it done. Be the ball.

(How's that for encouragement?)

I

Indy_Jones88

Indyologist,

I also have an XBOX with Indy E.T. I took a while to beat Von Beck's Revence but I finally go it. Here is some advice.

1. If you can't get it beat, turn it off and relax. Sometimes if I couldn't beat a level I wouldn't play it for 2-3 days, I would only think about how to beat it.

2. Memorize and Map it out: I got to where I could practically play that level with my eyes closed.

3. When you get close to the end, don't think you have it beat. There is a tricky jump at the end of a long slope. I thought I had it beat, tried to jump it, missed and died, and threw my controler at my XBOX. :)

4. Just Relax and Enjoy. You have come a long way and have almost beat it. Just tell yourself you can beat it.

Hope this helps Indyologist, :)

Over and Out,
Kris "Indy_Jones88"

Indyologist

Saturday, August 28, 2004 9:12pm

VON BECK GOES DOWN!!!! WOO-HOO! I DID IT!
party-smiley-027.gif
grinning-smiley-009.gif

Thank you for all your encouragement, guys! You're the best!

----------------------------------------------------

IJ88: to decrease my frustration, I would only attempt it say, a dozen times. If I didn't do it, I'd just cool off and play another game and try again the next day. Good strategy!

Katarn07

You say you didn't like that level? Well in terms of story, it all hits the fan from there. Gameplay was kinda fun in the Netherworld. Loved turning those pillars and stuff. But other than that, it was weak and poorly designed.

Von Beck's Revenge took me a couple of hours to beat as I recall. I gave up and took a break, talked on the phone, played while talking, and somehow beat it while doing that. I never did beat it again. At least not on medium or hard.

Indyologist

Wait for it. (Raises and crosses arms, blinks "I Dream of Jeanie" style). Your wish is my command. I have added 20 new levels, including one where Indy has the opportunity to use a chicken as a weapon, another one where he gets blazing drunk and one where he uses a pogo stick in a getaway chase. Satisfied?

Bad Penny

I've been stuck in "Von Beck's Revenge" for a while now. I try to get through it for an hour or so then I don't touch the game again for a week or more!

Indyologist

Bad Penny said:
I've been stuck in "Von Beck's Revenge" for a while now. I try to get through it for an hour or so then I don't touch the game again for a week or more!

Oh, you poor thing! I know the HELL that is Von Beck's Revenge. It took me a while to get it down and it was really frustrating.

Best thing I can tell you is to keep doing it over and over again until you perfect those dang double whip swings, which I HATED!! Just remember to let go of the whip a little early on the first swing and then immediately go into the next swing. It's really, really tough, I know-- but that means that when you finally get it done, it'll be REAL satisfying.

If you get aggrevated, by all means, quit the game and do something else. Personally, I would try it a dozen times and then put it down for a while. DO NOT take out your anger on your console my friend (or on any people or small animals, either)! Just shut it off (or switch to another game), take a deep breath and walk away.

You WILL get it. Just be patient and keep trying.

Finn

Staff member
What's the deal with that level anyway? Took me about 15 tries to crack it and I actually found it to be one of the most entertaining levels in the whole game.

It's gotta be the attitude that does the difference. I recall laughing at myself every time Indy fell into some bloody chasm... but then again, I've always been capable to feel malicious pleasure against myself. ;)

Indyologist

There's no doubt it's exciting, but it can be frustrating when you get killed for the 101st time. Not everyone can do it in 15 tries, Finn!

Ska

Junior Jones said:
I'm sure he won't need his PS2 while he's on his honeymoon.

:eek: You mean I can't take my PS2 on my honeymoon next year?! What the hell will I do? :p

I feel the same way about that level! Time after time I fell to my death, but a smile was always on my face! Then I finally made the final jump from the slide, so I made Indy do a little dance. But what I wasn't aware of is that Indy will die if he isn't far enough from the edge. :mad: Back to the beginning again...

Overall, ET was my favorite Indy game. Maybe not my favorite game ever, but a great game none-the-less. I still can't get enough of throwin' the baddies over the edge of a cliff. I didn't like the boss battles. A giant crocodile and octopus and a Frankenstein-like thing? Not at all realistic for an Indy movie. Why does there always have to be these stupid boss battles in games?!

Last edited:

Johan

The octipus level reminded me of The Old Popeye movie with RObin WIlliams. I was just waiting for Indy to punch the thing out of the water.

Finn

Staff member
The ending cinematic.

It's been released quite some time ago, already... so most people here who have it have probably been through it several times already.

After all, it's not an epicly long game... what we need is KOTOR, Indy style.

INDYfatigable

How creepy is the last level? Netherwolrd huh?! I thought you said this game needed more myth element? How much does it have to begin with?