Watchmen

DocWhiskey

I watched the first 2 chapters. I've read the graphic novel 3 times but I'll eventually check it out. Isn't it true that ONE GUY does the voices for every character? Even the women? What's up with that?

WillKill4Food

I haven't read the whole graphic novel.
One of my friends showed it to me and I read a few chapters, and I look forward to the movie.
Hopefully I'll have a chance to read the graphic novel before seeing the film.

The Man

And now the One-Sheet...

watchmenposter9.jpg

agentsands77

The Man said:
And now the One-Sheet...

watchmenposter9.jpg
:sick:

Aside from the Comic Con promotional one-sheets, which were admittedly very striking, the poster campaign for this flick hasn't been very good. That poster, in particular, is quite poor.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Oh god, I'm probably the last person to realize this but ...there'll be no black freighter-related footage in the movie???
That's a huge disappointment. I see how it's impossible to fit every bit of the novel into a feature film. But the intersecting narratives and storylines had a huge part in the graphic novel's appeal. What a bummer.

agentsands77

torao said:
Oh god, I'm probably the last person to realize this but ...there'll be no black freighter-related footage in the movie???
It will be featured in the super-duper 4 hour-long extended edition DVD cut.

torao said:
That's a huge disappointment.
I don't see why. The BLACK FREIGHTER wasn't a huge part of the graphic novel, nor was it the only part of the story where intersection and juxtaposition was used between different images and storylines. In adapting WATCHMEN, it's the easiest thing to cut.

YouNeverKnow

agentsands77 said:
I don't see why. The BLACK FREIGHTER wasn't a huge part of the graphic novel, nor was it the only part of the story where intersection and juxtaposition was used between different images and storylines. In adapting WATCHMEN, it's the easiest thing to cut.

Especially since they cut the whole genetically manipulated squid thingy out. Wasn't BLACK FREIGHTER written by one of the missing people who were working on the squid project? Without that angle, again it is the easiest thing to cut.

That being said, I can't wait to see that segment, either on its own or in the extended cut. Gerard Butler + animation. Should be sweet.

The Man

torao said:
That's a huge disappointment. I see how it's impossible to fit every bit of the novel into a feature film. But the intersecting narratives and storylines had a huge part in the graphic novel's appeal. What a bummer.

This may suffice...

watchmenblack.jpg

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Yeah, you're all right. :) I read the news about the Black Freighter-release on Chud. That's how I realized that it's not going to end up in the movie itself. Thanks for recalling the link between the Black Freighter and the squid...I had completely forgotten about that.
It just remains a regret on my part because I was very fond of the way the embedded narrative was handled/featured in the book.

YouNeverKnow

The 9 frames mirrors the comic rather nicely. Although it's interesting who they filled the spots with. Is that Mothman in the bottom right?

YouNeverKnow

With like a fancy snowsuit on? Perhaps. I was thinking minutemen considering Nite Owl I and Silk Spectre I are on the poster.