Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Raven7dp

Didn't really know where to post this, but I'm leaving a link to a teaser trailer for a documentary that I've been working on for three years now. It is entitled "Who Are You People-A southern city's close encounter with Hollywood". It takes a look at the making of the film in 1976 from the perspective of those locals who lived it. It includes never before seen candid pics from the set and some other unreleased documents. Hope you enjoy and feel free to contact me if you have any questions at all. Thanks you,

Jonathan

Sea Monarch

What a fantastic idea! Haven't stopped to watch it yet, but totally plan too!(y)
While Close Encounters, may not be the greatest Spielberg movie ever, I believe it's original impact on sci-fi alien stories, cinema, and movie making in general, is underestimated!
It is one of the earliest, and few projects, which Spielberg was involved in the creative process, on many fronts. Surely, one of his most personal movies, only rivaled in that dept, by E.T., Schindler's List, and perhaps Raiders. I even have a picture of me as a very young boy, wearing a Close Encounters movie T-shirt.:cool: :D

Close Encounters was, and still is, a great piece of sci-fi cinema. I watch it quite regularly. And would liked to have known what happened to Dreyfuss' character after he gets selected.

There's also a whole back story of alien abductions to be had if they were to ever make another film (or series of). Apologies for not adding anything of note re; the documentary.

But what is it about this movie that always leaves me ending up with cravings for mashed potatoes?

And before you get any ideas I swear I'm not pregnant.

Sea Monarch

Gekkos Big Baws said:
Close Encounters was, and still is, a great piece of sci-fi cinema. I watch it quite regularly. And would liked to have known what happened to Dreyfuss' character after he gets selected.

There's also a whole back story of alien abductions to be had if they were to ever make another film (or series of). Apologies for not adding anything of note re; the documentary.

But what is it about this movie that always leaves me ending up with cravings for mashed potatoes?

And before you get any ideas I swear I'm not pregnant.

This MEANS Something! THIS is IMPORTANT!! :D (y)

Spielberg was on to something. Two-tone facial sun tans are all the rage now.

Don't you want to know what happened to Barry on the ship? Or the alien homeworld and it's origins - if they have/had one? etc., etc.,

So may unanswered questions that are a creative/development teams absolute wet dream.

Giggity.

Montana Smith

Gekkos Big Baws said:

You may not remember it, but you might have been abducted and probed by these guys: