What a vacation I had!

indifan101

This year's spring break was awsome! Not only did I go to Cancun, Mexico but I got to stay in an all exclusive resort, free food and go to Mexico city but I got to go to a real Indiana Jones adventure! I went to Chitchen Nizta! The temples of the Mayas! It was incredible! These temples have been there since 100 b.c.! The most famous temple was Casya Mayo! The temple of the red jajuar and chituchen! These are statues of the Mayan gods of fire and water! Unfortunetly me and my dad didn't get to climb up Casya Mayo because 2 months ago a 74 year old woman fell down the steps and died!:eek: The temple was closed off to all vistors! Damn that part sucked! The good thing is that we did get to go into one of the temples and I think I found a secret tunnel that may lead into Casya Mayo! Then again it's in total darkness and I really didn't want to take the risk of plummiting into a hole and fall to my death! Hey, I didn't have my whip with me!;) I did have my Indy fedora on and I felt like Indy in the Aztec temple! Chitchen Nitza has over 3000 temple ruins across the park! The story of the Mayas has been a mystery for over 5000 years! Nobody is sure why they abandoned their kingdom or why they left behind these ruins. It's a massive mystery and one I hope to dig up one day! Maybe?;)

IndyBuff

That sounds like a fun experience and I'm glad you had a good time. Exploring old sites from history is always fascinating and it's great that you were able to see some of those things. Do you have any pictures of your trip?

indifan101

Indy said:
That sounds like a fun experience and I'm glad you had a good time. Exploring old sites from history is always fascinating and it's great that you were able to see some of those things. Do you have any pictures of your trip?

Yes I took a lot of pictures of the temples and resort! I'll post them as soon as they are developed!