Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

TombReader

'2. If the jedis had the ability to feel things around them how come they could not feel the precence of the clones about to attack them? Whats up with that. They're jedis yet they can't save themselves form clone troops?'

It's a thematic element as much as anything.Anakin's downfall is also symbolic of the downfall of everything around him:the Republic,the Jedi.It's established in AOTC that the Jedi's ability to use the Force is somewhat diminished by the growing presence of the Dark Side.Add to that the fact that the Jedi(like a lot of people in the galaxy)have been lulled into a false state of security and that's why they never see the attack coming.

'One could call a George Lucas script that I suppose...'

Those sleeping pills must be quite addictive.Even the people who claim to hate them can't stop talking about them. :)

Last edited:

intergamer

Even the most powerful Jedi cannot block 100 laser bolts coming from all directions, all at once. The force is about controlling mindfulness, it isn't magic.

roundshort

hey, I have major issues with the acting in these movies after the first (or second) three, I just thought these movies did not have the personailty of whit of IV, V, VI, Ewan, and crew, well kind of sucked, too flat no persoanilty. I don't care what a Jedi can or can't do, cause it's fiction, they can blow upinto macy day parade balloons for all I care, i just like good character devlopment and interaction, like all of Han's lines, or Indy's lines.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Yeah, all movies are released on DVD these days. I don't see any reason for a new thread.

Jay R. Zay

i think, ToJ, well informed as he always is (= having heard some rumors), is trying to be provocativ, isn't he? how interesting. anything else to complain about in the forum where you waste your free time? how about dismissing gilles and making you the new admin, hm?

Canyon

temple of john said:
You tell her VP. Don't take that crap. Ban her!!!

ToJ, how big of you!!! I merely posted this bit of news because I thought folks would be interested. :rolleyes:

VP, I think you'll agree that I don't post any old news on this site, and I rarely post about DVD releases as it is.

For crying out loud, I have been here for three years, and I have NEVER posted any crap. Why is it that people are allowed to post a load of immature comments but people come down on me for no reason at all? :( :mad:

Canyon

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!
YodaIcon.gif

Paden

I found out about the release date last night on a trip to Hastings. I'm definitely looking forward to having a copy. Revenge of the Sith is my favorite of the prequel films. As happy as my son was about the news, I think he's equally excited about the release of Clone Wars, Vol. 2 which I've heard is going to be released in November as well.

IndyBuff

I'm happy they've finally got a date set for the release. I thought Episode III was easily the best of the newer films and I can't wait to get it.

San Holo

Maybe it'll have a few extended fight scenes like Dooku and Anikin ,more Chewie and Yoda gettin' down ,and I freaking want to see the full version of the temple raid .

TombReader

I remember reading that at one point,the film was over 3 hours long.That's no surprise,though.Most movies shoot way more footage than they use.

I know of at least two bits from the Temple Raid which were cut: one was a shot of Anakin walking alone down a corridor(this was actually in one of trailers)and Shaak-Ti's death at Anakin's hands was also filmed but never used.Supposedly Anakin stabs her in the back as she's meditating,but it was cut because why would she be meditating while the Jedi Temple was under attack?

IndyBuff

I didn't realize that the Jedi Temple scene was supposed to be longer. Hopefully we'll get some deleted scenes or an un-cut version so we can see the whole thing.