Villians, why did it have to be villians...

Who's your favorite Villain?

• Belloq

Votes: 24 55.8%
  • Mola Ram

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Donovan

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Dietrich

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toht

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Chattar Lal

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Colonel Vogel

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Hitler

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elsa

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters

disney_fanatic

I'd voted for Mola Rom, because he really brought the darkness and fun into "Temple of Doom".

BTW, I'm new here. The name's disney_fanatic. I know it sounds kinda weird, a Disney fan in an Indy forum, but remember that there are two Indy attractions in two separate parks.:)

Indydan13

Welcome to the Raven and Forbidden Eye was an awesome ride.

BTW: Mola Ram was a great villain who was fun to watch.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
disney_fanatic said:
I know it sounds kinda weird, a Disney fan in an Indy forum, but remember that there are two Indy attractions in two separate parks.:)

Four. One in Disneyland, one in Disney World, One in Disneyland Paris and one in Disneyland Tokyo.

Welcome.

Jordana

True-it always seemed to me that he was the only villain who was more or less on Indy's own level, a sort of darker version of Indy himself, as he pointed out during their conversation in the Cairo bar. None of Indy's subsequent adversaries were as well matched to him, in my opinion.
I heard that Belloq was originally supposed to appear in ToD as well, until Lucas and Spielberg changed their minds and opted for a different story. I can't help but feel that they made a mistake. Not only would he have been a better villain, but it would have added some more continuity to the trilogy. I'd like to have seen Marion again in TLC also...why dipose of the best characters after just one film?

Starchaeologist

Is there any doubt...?

Belloq was a fine antagonist and had a great portrayal by Paul Freeman. Rivals make great villains and this character was written superbly. The Cairo bar scene between Jones and Belloq is one the most inspired dialogue pieces of the film!

IAdventurer01

Belloq: Not sure what hasn't been said!

I guess just because Belloq is the closest to Indy's equal. Everyone else, tough, but not nearly enough.

Ska

Finn said:
I guess we'll have to wait and see the fourth installment...

...what the hell does that mean?

*Thinking back to the trilogy endings*

ROTLA: Belloq's head exploded; he's gone for good. Toht's face melted, leaving him with as much a chance of returning as Belloq.

TOD: Mola Ram fell how many stories, bouncing off rocks, and into a croc-infested river. His chances for survival are about a billion to one, and only Jones could overcome those odds. Chatter Lal was kicked out of the Raven, so I don't see him returning anytime soon. Oh...wrong CL!

LC: You all saw what happened to Donovan! And unless there was a nice, soft bed at the bottom of the crevice, Elsa will be underneath that temple for eternity (unfortunately).

VP

Moderator Emeritus
If there was a nice, soft bed at the bottom of the crevice, how could Elsa get up from there?

Ska

VP said:
If there was a nice, soft bed at the bottom of the crevice, how could Elsa get up from there?

The REAL question is, if there was a nice, soft bed at the bottom of the crevice, how could I get down there?

;)

Thanks for the set-up, VP!

Luckylighter

SKAbatula said:
The REAL question is, if there was a nice, soft bed at the bottom of the crevice, how could I get down there?;)

You mean as long as Elsa is on the bed, too, right? ;)

Or are you just looking for a nice, soft bed in general?

Perhaps you should try a Sealy Posturepedic. Or a Craftmatic.

;)

Ska

Haha...I meant w/ Elsa. I don't think I'd fall down any crevice just for a bed.

But enough about crevices, beds, and Elsa...getting off topic, sorry.

So whatdidyamean by the "wait until Indy IV" comment? I'm confused, or was that the point?

BTW, I think the greatest Villan was Belloq. Nothing ever beats the original villan. He was the most like Jones. Belloq just joined up with the wrong team.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Villan villan. Villaa saa lampaista. Villasta tulee pehmeitä ja lämpimiä talvikamppeita.

Indydan13

SKAbatula said:

BTW, I think the greatest Villan was Belloq. Nothing ever beats the original villan. He was the most like Jones. Belloq just joined up with the wrong team.

Isn't that the case with all Indy villains?

Belloq is established, Nazis decided to follow Hitler as well as Donovan and Elsa, and Mola Ram and all other thuggees undoubtedly drank the blood and became coockoo for cocoa puffs...