Can we get Indy around the globe ?

NickTurner

:) :D :p :cool: :rolleyes: :mad: :eek: :whip: (y) (n) :gun: :sleep: :hat: :confused: :sick: :eek: :dead:

Just wanted to post more Indy than we have seen here in ages.

Just like waiting for Indy 5, I keep checking back here in hope of an update :-(

How about it? There's plenty more folks on the list who are (or were) raring to go. I had so much fun taking the pictures that I really didn't give a damn if I got comments or not.

Archaeos

NickTurner said:
:) :D :p :cool: :rolleyes: :mad: :eek: :whip: (y) (n) :gun: :sleep: :hat: :confused: :sick: :eek: :dead:

Just wanted to post more Indy than we have seen here in ages.

Just like waiting for Indy 5, I keep checking back here in hope of an update :-(

How about it? There's plenty more folks on the list who are (or were) raring to go. I had so much fun taking the pictures that I really didn't give a damn if I got comments or not.

That's how I want my audience... begging me for more... ripping their hearts out for more... fighting their own inner darkness for more... loosing all dignity for the sake of more... eh, more dvd sales...

You want more, Nick? You want more? Then tune in tomorrow :gun: or feel free push that final needle into the voodoo doll of Archaeos that you bought in Chinatown (and yes, it works... ouch :dead: )

inky_skin

Keep the torch burning guys. I really want to devote more time to this, but to be honest, personal issues are preventing me from doing so.

Anyone interested in taking over the reigns for a (possibly extended) time, please PM me.

Stoo

@Archaeos: Show us more! Please, sahib, on my knees I am begging you!

@Le Saboteur: Is the figure still with you or has it moved on?:confused:

@Inky: Happy New Year, Ink! Lance has taken the reins before but if he's not available, I'm game. Having a solid grasp on your project (which is soon 3 years running) & its future itinerary, I am both qualified and reliable. Either way, it's your call!:) You requested a PM but my box is full and can't find your e-mail address.

Dr. Jones isn't someone who sits around for too long so we need to get Indy moving again. While back home for the holidays, Quebec and Ontario were walloped with snow and the scenery at New Year up at Lake Muskoka was so sublime, it made for some wonderful photo opportunities. Where I am in Switzerland doesn't get much snow at all (apart from the Alps, of course, and the Jura mountain range behind us) so it made me realize that Travelling Mini-Indy hasn't been to any snowy locations yet*!:( Depending on where Indy is at this moment, we should try & get a snow location before this winter is over!:whip:

*When the figure went missing/got lost, Inky Skin created a bearded, 'standby' version as a replacement and some of the photos of it were snowbound! Rather than interrupt the flow of Archaeos' chapters, Inky's snow scenes from December 2010 can be found in post #498.

Keep it rollin'!(y)

NickTurner

Maybe it's time to clone Indy and increase the postings!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

At first I wanted to keep a pure 'one' true TI as a true world traveler, but now I'm wondering about lost opportunities!

Maybe each TI would have his own unique aspect - one with a scarf, hat at different angle, different colored suit, coat instead of jacket etc.

NickTurner

Hmm image not working :-(

Oh you have to open in new window....

voodoo_statuette.htm

Le Saboteur

Stoo said:
@Le Saboteur: Is the figure still with you or has it moved on?:confused:

He remains in my care. Which is where he'll remain until a certain geographic feature is visited in the next couple of months. I have a few snaps in the meantime, but I've been waiting for Archaeos to complete his narrative.

NickTurner said:
At first I wanted to keep a pure 'one' true TI as a true world traveler, but now I'm wondering about lost opportunities!

Don't think of them as lost, think of them as possibilities for next time!

It certainly doesn't help that people drop in and out with the coming of the tide.

inky_skin

@Stoo - I would be honoured if you would play caretaker. He's all yours from this point onwards. No pressure ! One rule though - Indy is NOT to be duplicated.

Archaeos

Oh dear. Hello fellow Raveners. I see that alot has happend here (and I am only discovering this now as for some odd reasons, I didn't get the new postings email notifications into my mailbox :confused:).

In respect to the handover from Inky to Stoo: I cannot imagine a better handover to happen. I hope that Inky will return eventually, but I couldn't think of a more deserving and knowledgable custodian for this thread. I hope that you, Inky, are well and that whatever is occuring on your personal side will find a positive conclusion. Thanks for "inventing" Travelling Indy (y) (y) (y)

And there's of course Nick's absolutely justified "anger" for the lack of posting from my side. You might not believe me, but genuinely, every day, I think to myself "damn, must find to get a new Travelling Indy sheet together"!

I am now the very first to admit that I committed myself to a grander scheme than I now think I could deliver without outside help. This is because I moved from one job to another shortly after wrapping my extensive Travelling Indy session (which lead him across 5 countries and two continents... I really wanted to post something satisfactory as gratitude for having been welcomed so warmly in this... ravenous drinking joint). I underestimated the time this new job requires, and the travel load that came with it. Two days after telling Nick that I would re-start posting, I had to abruptly leave for abroad, where I stayed until the end of this week. And there was no time for anything private during that time. I mean, I can't even post in any thread here. I am really not happy about this, but that was the reality of my life.

It's quite funny to see angry students depicted outside of Indy's office in ROTLA, demanding their essays back and grades done when he eventually returns back to his office/college from extensive... eh... research trips (or shooting Nazis). But I can tell you when your real worklife starts to look like this (and you actually [have to] care a bit about your students), then this is actually quite nerve-racking :eek: :cool: .

I have now "hired" the help of my partner to get my Travelling Indy comic project finished, as I just couldn't do this on my own. She will get the narrative of the comic down on digital canvas, and I will jot the 4-5 pictures for every sheet down in the evening when I come home. Today, we spent the day sorting through all the pictures I took, and already sorted them by upcoming sheets. This will make it easier to get every sheet done. The comic storyline stands. That's already a big hurdle taken.

As for cloning Indy: I am opposed to this. I think the awesomeness is that Travelling Indy is always the one and only action figure. In fact, I would not have been allowed to take pictures in some places if I had not had the background story to tell to and soften "the gatekeepers".

I also think that Le Saboteur should get all the time he wants for his story idea and geography. Having received a wonderfully written note from LeSab (he knows what I refer to) which I have only read just now (you guys don't want to see my postal inbox), I think he has great ambitions but will also deliver :hat: . As someone who knows the pressure of delivering on the honour of "hosting" Travelling Indy, let LeSab do his thing in his time. There are no opportunities lost!

Right... so... where did I loose the plot... last time, Travelling Indy saw the Olympic Flame just when he was about to reach his old friend Prof Hal Foster's place, where he was invited to stay during his London leg. What will Indy find? Will he have great reunion with his old friend? Just a boring trip down to the pub to talk about office life, or will he get greater news of the latest proceedings in Egyptology, or maybe Hal Foster has something up his sleeve that will truly rock the "weltanschauung" of Travelling Indy... something that Indy had all forgotten about since his time in Flensburg?

:gun: :sleep:

Stoo

Itinerary Update: 2 Years Late!

Indy's itinerary hasn't been updated since October 2010 (post #465). That's over 2 years ago!:eek:

Here are his travels thus far. (The list has been seperated by each host, with any significant geographical change as its own numbered entry.)

## - Country: State/Province/County, City/Town (Host) - DATES

======
01 - England: Devon, Exeter (inky_skin) - DEPARTED 06-May-2010
--
02 - Switzerland: Neuchâtel, Neuchâtel (Stoo) - ARRIVED 11-May-2010 / DEPARTED 13-May-2010
03 - Canada: Ontario, Kingston (Stoo) - ARRIVED 13-May-2010 / DEPARTED 16-May-2010
04 - Canada: Quebec, Montreal (Stoo) - ARRIVED 16-May-2010 / DEPARTED 23-May-2010
05 - Switzerland: Neuchâtel, Neuchâtel (Stoo) - ARRIVED 24-May-2010 / DEPARTED 28-May-2010
06 - Malta: Valetta / Rinella (Stoo) - ARRIVED 28-May-2010 / DEPARTED 31-May-2010
07 - Switzerland: Neuchâtel, Neuchâtel / Vauseyon (Stoo) - ARRIVED 31-May-2010 / DEPARTED 07-June-2010
--
08 - USA: California, San Francisco (Le Saboteur) ARRIVED 11-June-2010 / DEPARTED 14-June-2010
--
09 - Afghanistan: Kandahar, Kandahar (Billy Ray) - ARRIVED 23-June-2010 / DEPARTED 29-June-2010
--
10 - USA: New Jersey, Princeton (Rocket Surgeon) - ARRIVED 17-July-2010 / DEPARTED ??? 2010
11 - USA: Maryland, Baltimore (Rocket Surgeon) - ARRIVED ??? 2010 / DEPARTED ??? 2010
12 - USA: New York, New York (Rocket Surgeon) - ARRIVED ??? 2010/ DEPARTED ??? 2010
13 - USA: New Jersey, Morristown / Green Village (Rocket Surgeon) - ARRIVED ??? 2010 / DEPARTED 14-Sept-2010
** - LIMBO (en route to Texas) - LOST 14-Sept-2010 / FOUND 01-March-2011
** - USA: New Jersey, Green Village (Rocket Surgeon) - FOUND 01-Mar-2011 / DEPARTED c.28-May-2011
--
14 - USA: California, Culver City (Lance Quazar) - ARRIVED c.01-June-2011 / DEPARTED ??? 2011
15 - USA: California, San Diego (Lance Quazar) - ARRIVED ??? 2011 / DEPARTED ??? 2011
16 - USA: California, Los Angeles / Miracle Mile / Hollywood / Brentwood (Lance Quazar) - ARRIVED ??? 2011 / DEPARTED ??-Oct-2011
--
17 - USA: California, Anaheim, Magic Kingdom (Pale Horse) - ARRIVED c.06-Oct-2011 / DEPARTED ??-Oct-2011
--
18 - USA: California, Los Angeles (Lance Quazar) - ARRIVED ??-Oct-2011 / DEPARTED ??-Nov-2011
--
19 - USA: California, San Francisco / Oakland (NickTurner) - ARRIVED c.29-Nov-2011 / DEPARTED c.10-Dec-2011
--
20 - Philippines: Manila / Corregidor Island (MDP78) - ARRIVED c.10-Dec-2011 / DEPARTED ??? 2011 (actually ARRIVED 14-Dec-2011)
21 - Philippines: Ilocos Sur, Vigan (MDP78) - ARRIVED ??? 2011 / DEPARTED ??? 2011
22 - Philippines: Manila (MDP78) - ARRIVED ??? / DEPARTED c.28-Jan-2012 (actually DEPARTED 01-Jan-2012)
--
23 - USA: California, Oakland / Antioch / Vallejo (NickTurner) - ARRIVED c.28-Jan-2012 / DEPARTED 18-Mar-2012
--
24 - USA: California, San Francisco (InexorableTash) - ARRIVED 18-Mar-2012 / DEPARTED c.14-Apr-2012
--
25 - England: London, Westminster (inky_skin) - ARRIVED c.14-Apr-2012 / DEPARTED ??? 2012
26 - England: Hertfordshire, Elstree (inky_skin) - ARRIVED ??? 2012 / DEPARTED ??? 2012
27 - England: Dorset, Wareham (inky_skin) - ARRIVED ??? 2012 / DEPARTED ??-July-2012
--
28 - England: London, Barnet / Haringey (Archaeos) - ARRIVED c.20-July-2012 / DEPARTED 12-Aug-2012
29 - Turkey: (Archaeos) - ARRIVED 12-Aug-2012 / DEPARTED c.06-Sept-2012
30 - ??? (Archaeos) - ARRIVED ??? 2012 / DEPARTED ??? 2012
31 - ??? (Archaeos) - ARRIVED ??? 2012 / DEPARTED ??? 2012
32 - ??? (Archaeos) - ARRIVED ??? 2012 / DEPARTED ??? 2012
33 - England (Archaeos) - ARRIVED ??? 2012 / DEPARTED ??? 2012
--
34 - USA: California, Oakland (Le Saboteur) - ARRIVED c.Oct/Nov-2012

======
Unsure dates are in RED. If more details could be provided, PLEASE do so. (Same goes for any errors & corrections!) Would be great to have every morsel of information. Hopefully the diary has the necessary details?:confused:

UP NEXT, Indy's future travel plans...

Very nice!:hat:

Off the top of my head:

10 - USA: New Jersey, Green Village (Rocket Surgeon) - ARRIVED 17-July-2010 / DEPARTED 17-July 2010

11 - USA: Maryland, Baltimore (Rocket Surgeon) - ARRIVED 17-July 2010 / DEPARTED 18-July 2010

12 - USA: New Jersey, Princeton (Rocket Surgeon) - ARRIVED 18-July-2010 / DEPARTED 18-July 2010

I altered the timeline to fit the narrative, but I got it in the morning mail leaving for Baltimore and stopped in Princeton returning home on Sunday.

I'll get you the other dates shortly.

Stoo

Future Travel Plans

Here's a list of the remaining hosts as was planned more than 2 years ago. (Bonoferox was supposed to get the doll before it reached Lance Quazar in California but his turn got lost in the shuffle after the doll went missing in late 2010. So he is next on deck if he is still around...;))

35 - USA: Indiana, Indianapolis (Bonoferox)
36 - Australia: Queensland, Townsville (hemble)
37 - Australia: ACT, Canberra (indy34)
38 - Australia: Victoria, Geelong (Ed Dolista)
39 - Korea (AlivePoet)
40 - Austria: Styria, Graz (DoomTown)
41 - Scotland (adventure al)
42 - Scotland: Dundee, Dundee (XanaduMel & Iacovos)
43 - England: London (Jeremiah Jones)
44 - England: Exeter, Plymouth / Somerset, Glastonbury (inky_skin)
45 - Canada: Manitoba (throwmetheidol)

The following folks have expressed an interest in hosting the Indy doll:

- harvey (USA: Ohio)
- featofstrength (USA: Missouri, Springfield / Branson / Kansas City)
- neverAcquiesce (USA: Missouri, St. Louis)
- Billy Ray (USA: Texas, San Antonio)
- The Drifter (USA: West Virginia)
- No Ticket (USA: New York, New York)
- Henry W Jones (USA: Washington, Seattle)
- russds (USA: California, Seal Beach)
- davidraphael (Germany: Baden-Württemberg, Heidelberg)
- Finn (Finland)
- IndyBr (Brazil: São Paulo, Campinas / Bragança Paulista)

(Yes, I know that Billy Ray had his turn in Afghanistan but wouldn't it be wonderful if he showed Indy around The Alamo to make up for No Ticket's disabled attempt 2 years ago when the doll went missing? What do y'all think about that?:confused:)

If you see your name here and are still interested in participating and will to COMMIT TO THE PROJECT, please respond.:whip:

NickTurner

Thanks for the update Archaeos! I look forward to the postings - but no pressure! Job and family must come first.

You know, I still get asked by folks in the office who remember when Indy was here if there are any updates! So your audience is out there :)

Stoo

Things to address:

Archaeos: To receive e-mail notifications, just click the "Thread Tools" tab and then hit "Subscribe to this Thread".:)

Rocket Surgeon: Thanks for the extra details, bud.:hat:

Henry W Jones: Let us know before it's too late because we haven't had Indy in that northwestern region yet.;)

Pale Horse: Most of your photos have disappeared! Wha' happened?:confused:

Lance Quazar: We never got to see Indy's 2nd stay with you in Los Angoleeze. Wha' happened?:confused:

Le Saboteur: This upcoming, geographical location better be good because you've had the doll for 4-5 months now.:p

Note: Indy was in California for 10 months: 01 June 2011 - 14 April 2012 (minus Indy's unexpected 3-week-trip to the Philippines with MDP78). With Le Saboteur's 4-5 months + more, that will make a YEAR & A HALF in the Golden State!:eek:
inky_skin (30 December 2011 - in reference to an inquiry from Harvey about an updated map) said:
Not recently - but bear with me - I have something a little more "interactive" planned.
Ink, I'm curious to know what "interactive" thing you had planned. Do you mind if I continue the graphic of the map?

Archaeos

Sheet 5

sheet5.jpg

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/1322/sheet5.jpg

The Olympic Flame!? Even though it disappeared as quickly as it had appeared, Indy's thoughts lingered for while with the godly appearance of this controlled, yet divine fire? He had encountered flames and divinity often throughout his career? sometimes in combination. Memories of narrow escapes and close shaves came up. Suddenly, Indy had reached his destination: Prof Hal Foster's place?

Opened by Prince Albert in 1851, Colney Hatch Lunatic Asylum was back then Europe's most modern psychiatric hospital, and featured Britain's longest corridor. It would take "a visitor" more than five hours to walk the wards of this mental institution: Aaron Kosminski, one of the many Jack the Ripper suspects, and Dorothy Lawrence, the reporter who secretly posed as a man to fight at the Somme in First World War. Indy remembered that when Friern Hospital got decommissioned, Hal Foster wrote him that he "?found it extravagant enough for an Englishman of sufficient statue and intellect to settle there?"

Indy was really looking forward to seeing his old friend again. He lifted the third flowerpot from the right, and found the key, as Foster had indicated to him? He unlocked the big door, and swung it open...

Archaeos

Sheet 6

sheet6.jpg

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/7625/sheet6.jpg

EMPTY?

EMPTY!

The place was empty.

Had something happened?

Indy looked around, and found the place in perfect order? clean. In fact, it was "Shape-Shape and Bristol Fashion", as Foster would say. On Foster's desk, a purloined letter was lying? begging to be found.

"Dear Jones, with utmost regrets: Despite your imminent arrival providing us a most perfect occasion to reminisce over old quests, latest news, and newest developments, I must depart for Ladakh on a mission a friend in Whitehall has requested my knowledge and advice for. I am distressed as I had offered to be your host during your stay in London. Well, plenty of victuals are there for you in the kitchen, the guest room is made, and I have left behind some reading materials on the guest's bed. I shall not be back until start of Michaelmas term, so we won't see each other. However, I will ship out to Barnett College for Lent next year! I hope we can meet then! With best memories and kindest regards, Prof Foster

P.S.: You recall the half-manuscript on the Discus of Pegasus that we found in Flensburg back during our Darin' Do days? I have by accident located the second half in the old Sanskrit Library at the British Museum. These buggers had it all along, just not properly catalogued. If this matter is still of some importance to your research, feel free to go! I have catalogued it with the folks of 'Greece & Rome' under GR439.32.HELL.TUR.778990.234.77.

Indy's mind started to spin:

Foster not here. What a shame. Ladakh? What the..? Barnett in Lent, yes, he would be there? they would see each other then. Reading fodder? Right, oh, ehm, yes, an extraordinarily good selection! He would have preferred to talk about their military time in Flens?
What? WhAT? WHAT?

THE DISCUS OF PEGASUS MANUSCRIPT?

Archaeos

Rocket Surgeon said:
Please pardon me if I've missed something, but do you have pics of the figure in any of those places?

I suspected you would raise this. In order to kickstart the main narrative/plot, I have to use these pictures for Sheet 5 and Sheet 6. The one's with Indy in it had bad focus or where under-exposed. Rest assured that from Sheet 7 onwards, you will have the doll in every darn picture :gun:

Doll? Did I say doll?

I blame you, Stoo, for introducing that term in post #1053! It's not a doll! It's an ACTION FIGURE! :whip: ;)