TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Fanwork and Activities
User Name
Password

Old 04-24-2005, 11:41 PM   #1
Joe Brody
IndyFan

Raiders: The Adaptation Screenings

Last night I headed over to my old stomping grounds and caught the Adaptation at the Brooklyn Underground Film Festival.

It was literally a standing room only crowd of mainly twenty-something film geeks. Now these were not fans coming out to see the ultimate homage to their favorite film (for example I don't think there was a single fedora in the place). These were people drawn (i) by the geek-cool factor, and (ii) a desire to see a film that is rightly acheiving real notoriety as the true example of guerilla filmmaking, junior-high grade.

For many, I think the Adaptation was a trip down memory lane that never was. But more than nostalgia, the film (and this sounds cheesy) is truly inspirational. It is the type of movie that makes you think, 'if these kids can accompish all this', then I should be able to [insert randam amibition here]. I know I went home charged up and ready to go.

Chris Strompolos and Eric Zala got a very long standing ovation at the end. I look forward to the Paramount film that's being scripted right now based on their experiences making the Adaptation.

Last edited by Joe Brody : 04-24-2005 at 11:42 PM.
Joe Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 06:45 PM   #2
anhichiban
IndyFan

Question Raiders:The Adaptation! Wanna see it in Southern California?

Hello Fellow Indy Fans!

This topic is part of a long and never ending quest to expose more people to "Raiders: The Adaptation". I first discovered the existence of the film a few years ago and have always wanted to see it. Unfortunately screenings come few and far between.

I have recently contacted Eric, one of the original filmmakers, and am currently working on possibly screening it at a local Orange County film festival. Because of its cult status, local film fest organizers are unsure if it will bring in enough viewers. That what this topic is for, if I can gauge the interest perhaps we can make it happen! Chris and Eric would most likely be in attendance, another rare treat.

I am sure most of you are aware of this film but I've included a link for more information for those who don't. I could really use your help! I don't know how many local Indy fans there are, but this is a good time to find out. =)

Also... spread the word to those who may not visit the board, haven't thought about Indy in a while because of his absence on the big screen, & anyone interested in film. We need to prove this film will fill a theater or more!

Raiders: The Adaptation

Last edited by anhichiban : 01-13-2006 at 07:01 PM.
anhichiban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 12:36 AM   #3
JRDspal
IndyFan

Exclamation Yes, show "Raiders: The Adaptation" in So Calif. area in 06

This film was shown at the San Francisco Film Fest last Fall in 05. I have emailed the film's producers in hope of networking with them and seeing about a local So Calif. screening ASAP. I haven't heard back from them yet.

I was very happy there was suggestions of showing this film in an Orange County Film Fest. The LA area has many good film fests for feature and short length films like these in this area. Just look up film festivals in southern California.
Heck, yes, I would love to go and see this film homage.
JRDspal

Quote:
Originally Posted by anhichiban
Hello Fellow Indy Fans!

This topic is part of a long and never ending quest to expose more people to "Raiders: The Adaptation". I first discovered the existence of the film a few years ago and have always wanted to see it. Unfortunately screenings come few and far between.

I have recently contacted Eric, one of the original filmmakers, and am currently working on possibly screening it at a local Orange County film festival. Because of its cult status, local film fest organizers are unsure if it will bring in enough viewers. That what this topic is for, if I can gauge the interest perhaps we can make it happen! Chris and Eric would most likely be in attendance, another rare treat.

I am sure most of you are aware of this film but I've included a link for more information for those who don't. I could really use your help! I don't know how many local Indy fans there are, but this is a good time to find out. =)

Also... spread the word to those who may not visit the board, haven't thought about Indy in a while because of his absence on the big screen, & anyone interested in film. We need to prove this film will fill a theater or more!

JRDspal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 05:34 PM   #4
anhichiban
IndyFan

Thanks JRDspal, but I'm actually working with a festival right now. It would probably show in Orange County if anything, I simply need to get them to realize there are people who want to see it.

I'm hoping for more comments, suggestions and encouragement. Bring people to this topic and post! =)
anhichiban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 05:29 PM   #5
JerryKing
IndyFan

5: Absolute indifference in regards to this, I assume, fan video.
JerryKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 05:26 AM   #6
Garfeimao
IndyFan

Indy Raiders: Adaptation screening in So Cal

Out of curiosity, is anyone here going to go see the Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation film screening at the Newport Beach Film Festival on April 24? Once I saw it listed in the program I did lots of internet searches and this site appears to support the project, but I can't see if anyone is actually planning to go.
Garfeimao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 03:31 AM   #7
Gustav
IndyFan

Where is that?
Gustav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 03:44 AM   #8
Garfeimao
IndyFan

That would be in Newport Beach, CA.

http://www.NewportBeachFilmFest.com
Old 04-17-2006, 01:34 AM   #9
Gustav
IndyFan

Nah, I live on the East coast.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:37 AM   #10
Gustav
IndyFan

Does So Cal mean Southern California?
Old 04-17-2006, 02:00 AM   #11
Garfeimao
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav
Does So Cal mean Southern California?

Yes, actually. So Cal is Southern California. Sorry about that. I bet you were hoping Newport Beach actually meant Newport News, VA.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:14 AM   #12
Edward The Head
IndyFan

Raiders Special Edition and Adaptation

I've been looking around a bit and saw that at one point there was supposed to be a Special edition of Raiders. Included with this they were talking about having the Adaptation DVD as well. The last time I could find this talked about was in late 05. Has anyone heard anything more about this? I'm not too keen on buying another DVD, but I would love to get a hold of the adaptation version.

How about an HD or Blue-Ray version? I'm sure sooner or later it will come out, though it seems right now only the newer movies come on in these formats.

How many people here have seen the adaptation, I don't think they've ever come to the DC area or I would have gone.
Edward The Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:17 PM   #13
landslidepurist
IndyFan

Documentary about the Adaptation?

A friend of mine recently said he had seen a documentary abou the kids who made RotLA:TA. can anyone shed some light on this? Anyone know what it's called, who made it etc. if it does exist, that is?

Having seen the Adaptation, I would love to know more about it.

Thanks.
landslidepurist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:53 PM   #14
Viper
IndyFan

Where did you see the adaptation?
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:01 PM   #15
Eric Solo
IndyFan

There is a Raiders adaptation screening in Athens, GA on October 6th. Anyone going?
Eric Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:26 PM   #16
Mr. Fusion
IndyFan

If I could make a four hour drive to Athens, I would love to come. There was one in Knoxville, TN when I lived there. That was very convenient.
Mr. Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:58 PM   #17
No Ticket
IndyFan

Is the only way to see it through screenings? You can't watch it online or download it somewhere? I want to see it, but the odds of it coming to a place near me where I can realistically go watch it are pretty slim I'd think.
No Ticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:52 PM   #18
azzrael
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Solo
There is a Raiders adaptation screening in Athens, GA on October 6th. Anyone going?
No man, I'm in the midwest, I'm going to the Black Earth Film Festival in Galesburg, Illinois. Can't wait to see "The Adaptation" on the big screen.
azzrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:59 PM   #19
azzrael
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Ticket
Is the only way to see it through screenings? You can't watch it online or download it somewhere? I want to see it, but the odds of it coming to a place near me where I can realistically go watch it are pretty slim I'd think.

I am pretty sure the only way to see it is at a screening, and specifically at a not for profit ran festival/event.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:52 PM   #20
indy34
IndyFan

well that sux i'll never see it then i live in australia
indy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:56 PM   #21
azzrael
IndyFan

It is understandable though. They are pretty protective of the film, the copyright infringement issues run pretty deep. It is really great of Spielberg and Lucas to let them show it - lord knows their lawyers probably look to crush anyone they can.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:02 PM   #22
Colonel Musgrov
IndyFan

RAIDERS:ADAPTATION - LA Premiere at Mann's Chinese

Hey fellow Indy fans,

Eric Zala here, director of the fan film RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK: THE ADAPTATION. I hope that you all wonít mind, wanted to share some news of possible interest, and ask for your support:

Our shot-by-shot teen remake of the original RAIDERS is finally coming to Los Angeles Ė our LA premiere will be at the world-famous Mannís Chinese Theatre in Hollywood! Iíll be there with producer and star Chris Strompolos, and weíll give a Q&A following the screening.

Tickets will be available to purchase in advance online at the Mann Theatre website TOMORROW, Wednesday May 7th and at the Mann Chinese Theatre Box Office.
www.manntheatres.com/chinese

Admission: $12. CHARITY FUNDRAISER.
All proceeds to benefit the FESTIVAL OF CHILDREN FOUNDATION, a non-profit organization. http://www.festivalofchildren.org

When: Wednesday, May 14 -- 7:30 PM
Where: Mannís Chinese Theater, 6925 Hollywood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90028

For further event info: http://www.myspace.com/rollingboulderfilms

VANITY FAIR Magazine feature: http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/fe...?currentPage=1

WIRED Magazine feature: http://www.wired.com/entertainment/h...05/diy_raiders

Turner Classic Movies video segment: http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/index/?cid=187535

The Raider.net (includes clips & more): http://www.theraider.net/films/raide...tion/index.php

Címon out (ideally in gear) to the show, and say hello.. Hope yíall can make it!

Sincere thanks for the support,
Eric Zala
Colonel Musgrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:03 AM   #23
Adam McDaniel
IndyFan

"INDYFANS" screening as well!

At long last, I just might be able to see the infamous RAIDERS ADAPTATION!

It's really going to be an Indy-extravaganza in the Los Angeles area! At Newport Beach, both the ADAPTATION and Brandon Kleyla's documentary INDYFANS will also be screened on both Saturday May 17th, and Wednesday, May 21st -- the latter immediately preceding the midnight showing of INDY IV!

I plan to attend the May 17th event, and hopefully will run into a few fellow Indyfans there. And yes, as per Brandon's request, there will be a new variation of the poster. I literally just finished it today, and I'm told it should be put up in Edwards Cinemas all through Newport and surrounding areas in just a few days.

Go to http://www.bignewport.com/ for more info on the Newport event!

Best,

Adam

Adam McDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:36 AM   #24
Colonel Musgrov
IndyFan

UPDATED - Ways to get tickets

Hey folks,

Good news, Mannís has got their website updated now, from which advance tickets can now be purchased.

Hereís a link to the direct page (and for the correct date, May 14th):

http://www.movietickets.com/movie_de...earchRadius=15

Or, tickets can also be order by calling the Mannís Chinese Box Office directly at 323.461.3331, or at the box office in person.

Thanks again!
Eric
Colonel Musgrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:11 PM   #25
Edward The Head
IndyFan

I got a chance to see this film when it was shown in DC a few months ago. Well worth it. After the first few minutes you forget you're not watching the original movie. I'd love for it to come out on DVD.
Edward The Head is offline   Reply With Quote