TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones Trilogy
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: Out of all the films, which one is definitively the best?
Raiders of the Lost Ark 151 62.14%
Temple of Doom 32 13.17%
Last Crusade 42 17.28%
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull 18 7.41%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2016, 01:32 PM   #576
Attila the Professor

Wandering off topic there, gents...
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:11 AM   #577
JollyGreenSlugg
IndyFan

Anyone done a Lao Che spin-off in fan fiction?

I'd like to see how Lao fared in the Empire of the Sun Japanese invasion period.

Maybe Indy returned to China during WWII?
JollyGreenSlugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 05:23 PM   #578
Duaner
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyGreenSlugg
Anyone done a Lao Che spin-off in fan fiction?

I'd like to see how Lao fared in the Empire of the Sun Japanese invasion period.

Maybe Indy returned to China during WWII?

There was a lot of tension in Shanghai following the Japanese invasion. I figure Lao Che would have been one of the Chinese businessmen who was loyal to the Japanese which would have made him the target of Chinese resistance groups.
Duaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 04:37 PM   #579
indyrcks
IndyFan

Raiders
indyrcks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:26 PM   #580
DeclaringTiger
IndyFan

Raiders is the best, but Temple of Doom is my personal favorite
DeclaringTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 03:31 PM   #581
IndyBuff
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBuff
I love all three films dearly but Temple of Doom is my favorite.

My, how time flies after 11 years!

I still love Temple of Doom but overall Raiders has become my favorite and objectively I feel it's the tightest film with the least amount of mistakes. The others are still amazing (and yes, I'm including Crystal Skull in that list as well) but Raiders is not just a great Indiana Jones film but a great movie in general. It's right up there with Ben-Hur and The Maltese Falcon as arguably my favorite film of all time.
IndyBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:34 AM   #582
Sushi_Cat_Pye
IndyFan

If I had to rank the movies:

1. ROTLA

2. TLC

3. TOD

4. KOTCS

To start off, I love Last Crusade so much. There are so many great moments in it. The story is great, the cast is great (chemistry between Connery and Ford is amazing!), and it is much more of a humorous movie with a lot more action, but come on, Raiders is the one that started it all. Raiders is one of the greatest movies in cinematic history, and there's no denying it. The story, the characters, the amount of time and effort put into this masterpiece of a film. There was a point that I forgot the whole entire plot of Temple of Doom. A couple years back, I rewatched it, and I loved it. I loved TOD so much, I liked it better than Crusade. Now I realized that the storyline is kind of strange and dark. I definitely don't hate it, though. I still love it. The characters in this film are very compelling. Many people hate TOD because of Willie. While Willie may be VERY annoying, she's actually quite relatable to many people watching. It's not like every single woman that goes on an adventure with Indy will be fearless and tough like Marion, or mysterious and beautiful like Elsa. If Indy chose another random woman that has absolutely no archaeological experience to go on an adventure with him, they would most likely be very similar to what Willie was like. She also acted as a bit of a comic relief character. And Shorty, man. He's one of the most beloved characters in the franchise, and in my opinion, Indy's best sidekick that's not a love interest (sorry Sallah). These characters in this very dark setting balance the movie a bit from the darker tone.

And then there's Crystal Skull...

Well, admit it. Its still an Indiana Jones movie, just not a very good one. It could have been executed much better, and the aliens thing was a stretch. I liked the idea of Indy's son, but seriously? Lucasfilm casted Stanley Yelnats to play him? Also, the CGI in that movie made the series feel so different, since moviemaking wasn't that advanced in the 80's. When I saw those CG monkeys, I swear, I forgot I was watching Indiana Jones. There's many strange things in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, but we can't pretend it didn't exist. It's still one of the movies after all.

But yeah, that's just my opinion. I'll look through the comments to see what y'all think!
Sushi_Cat_Pye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:11 PM   #583
Raiders112390
IndyFan

1. TLC

2. TOD

3. Raiders

4. KOTCS
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:47 AM   #584
Kai Hagen
IndyFan

I like RotLA and ToD for the action scenes. I liked the aircrafts in LC, too. And I like RotLA and LC for the memorable characters. A combination of the three movies would be awesome.
Kai Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 05:38 AM   #585
Blackadder
IndyFan

The Last Crusade, was my favorite since I was a kid, kinda made the biggest impression on me, and to this day it is the Indy movie that I watched the most. The synergy between Indy and his father was great I think.
Blackadder is offline   Reply With Quote