Diamond Select 18 inch Talking Indiana Jones

barranca

I think the prototype is fairly ugly, most of its elements look disproportionate, the head too big, the hat bigger (probrably why it isnt on the head)the hands look like he has arthritis! The production item may be very different.
The overall body looks decent enough, but I'm still distrustful. A lot of companies are going to be milking us this year for all they can get and whilst ther will besome very high quality merchandise out there, theres also going to be (as we've seen at toyfair already) a lot of crap. There seems to be a sliding scale from gentle giant and sideshow onwards. I'm not sure where this fits, perhaps its one of those items best left to wait for on the shelf, have a good look at and then decide.

MaxPhactor23

IMO that is the best face sculpt of Harrison I’ve seen yet. But everyone is absolutely right, the rest is so bad that it’s actually funny. :whip:

Mr. Fusion

Sideshow definitely has Indy covered in the 12" scale. But if DST fixes the hand, fixes the hat, and gives it some really cool lines, I'll get one. Ah, who'm I kiddin'? I'm gonna get one anyway!

inuvuwow said:
I live up here in Somerset, Kentucky( Lake Cumberland). Is Adventurecon a pretty cool happening? I'm piecing together a screen accurate Indy costume and would love to wear it down there.

AdventureCon is a blast! I've never been to ComicCon or anything like that, but I really enjoy this one. I dressed up as Marty McFly last year, and only one person knew who I was... ONE! Oh, well some people have no respect for or knowledge of good movies. At least people will recognize my Indiana Jones outfit.(y)

Hey, tnswman, we'll have to meet up somewhere during the event!:)

Maybe.Not Today

Whatever happened to diamonds merch plans? I know the talking indy comes out in september( and from the looks of his force choke hand he probably says, " I find your lack of faith...disturbing.":rolleyes: ) but what of the banks and other such things. I haven't seen any pictures or heard anything else about release dates.

Billy Ray

New image, unfortunately not looking much better. Looks like they fixed his palsy hand, but that hat! Looks like a cowboy hat more than a fedora...

Indy4__scaled_600.jpg

More images from SDCC can be seen here: http://sdcc08.figures.com/showphoto.php?photo=3520&size=big&cat=

Last edited:

deckard24

Billy Ray said:
New image, unfortunately not looking much better. Looks like they fixed his palsy hand, but that hat! Looks like a cowboy hat more than a fedora...

Indy4__scaled_600.jpg

More images from SDCC can be seen here: http://sdcc08.figures.com/showphoto.php?photo=3520&size=big&cat=
That's not a terrible looking figure, but the jacket color is off as is his hair color! Since when did Indy wear a black jacket and have black hair?:confused: At least they improved the head sculpt and his tard hands!!

Jonesfan

an online friend of mine saw this in person and said it looked even worse than the photos. This is an easy pass for me.

kevblee

How much is that Indy figure supposed to be? Wow, is that three 12" figs to choose from, and now two 1/4 scale ones? Not even counting the 12" Toys McCoy one.

Lon

Diamond Select 18" Indiana Jones

I picked mine up today from my comic shop. It's okay. The box say it has phrases and sounds but it only says, "Snakes. Why'd if have to be snakes?" Is that all it's supposed to have?

bgiles73

I think I read that it comes packed in demo mode. I think there is a switch in back. Maybe under the battery cover. Don't quote me though. Also you can send any questions to artasylum.com.

Lon

Thanks. There's switch on his left side that needs to be flipped down. Still there are only two additional phrases, "Marion shut your eyes. Don't look at it no matter what happens," and "I don't know. I'm making this up as I go." That's kind of weak.

And there isn't a shoulder bag.

bgiles73

I would have thought he would have a few more quotes like "fortune and glory","it's not the years, it's the mileage"