Wyoming, 1950

Raiders90

This may be a stupid question
But is Indy's adventure in Wyoming, 1950 canon? I ask because of the fact that he fails to mention it in the ''Lost Journal.'' Is it possible he just didn't mention it but it did happen?

metalinvader

Sure is! The whole show is canon,Despite what some may say.;)

As for the journal,Maybe he didn't feel like writing it. :p

Last edited:

Avilos

I don't have the journal yet but from what I have heard it is far from complete. Also the Wyoming, 1950 scenes are in the DVD that comes out tomorrow.

TalonCard

Yeah, the journal focuses mostly on the four films, with only a few pages given for Young Indy. Films (theatrical and DVD) trump "Expanded Adventures" regardless, but lack of a reference doesn't mean it's not "canon".

TC

Crack that whip

It's disappointing to hear there are only a few pages for the show (especially since if Indy records all his adventures in about the same amount of detail, there ought to be a lot more material from the TV show than from the movies), but as far as whether the Wyoming bookends are canon or not, I have to assume that with the show being mentioned at all, it must be canon, and that includes everything that's still a part of it, which includes the 1950 bookends.

(Re: not so many pages for the earlier years... is it possible the reduced coverage has a good side, in that it allows for flexibility in the chronology, meaning the original version of the series is still possibly "the" version?)

TalonCard

Crack that whip said:
(Re: not so many pages for the earlier years... is it possible the reduced coverage has a good side, in that it allows for flexibility in the chronology, meaning the original version of the series is still possibly "the" version?)

Considering the trouble Lucas went to in order to film bridging sequences in the "new" chronology, however flawed they may be, I think the newer versions should be a better indication of what actually happened. Any contradictions between the two can be seen as Old Indy misremembering the dates or leaving out the boring, pointless (i.e. bridging material ;) ) parts of his life. :D

TC

Mr.MojoRisin

TalonCard said:
Considering the trouble Lucas went to in order to film bridging sequences in the "new" chronology, however flawed they may be, I think the newer versions should be a better indication of what actually happened. Any contradictions between the two can be seen as Old Indy misremembering the dates or leaving out the boring, pointless (i.e. bridging material ;) ) parts of his life. :D

TC

I would have to think that Young Indy is all cannon. It's being refereanced in licnesed material, plus all the money going into the re-editing and dvd releases, knowing Lucas, it's probably all considered cannon. They took alot of time to keep continuity, plus in interviews GL has said many times that this is a project close to his heart, and he took alot of time and effort to make timelines and stories. Most of which didn't even make it into the show.

TalonCard

Oh, Young Indy is absolutely canon, there's no denying that. The only issue is the order of events, not the events themselves.

TC

Raiders90

When you first learned or saw Harrison's cameo as a 51 year old Indy, were you shocked? Suprised? After all, this was our first filmed Indy adventure since Last Crusade, even if it was only for ten minutes or so. I liked it, but I don't know they jumped from 1938 to 1950.
Did you like it?

LostArk

I was reading about the show and trying to decide whether I should watch it or not and when I found out he was in an episode, I knew I had to watch it.

Michael24

I had already stopped watching the show by then because I could never find it on TV anymore, so I didn't even know about it at the time. Then in 1997 when the Star Wars Special Editions were coming out, I was watching a George Lucas special on PBS, and they suddenly cut to a Harrison Ford interview. I noticed he was wearing a leather jacket and Fedora, but he had a beard, and with a chuckle I commented, "He looks like a bearded Indiana Jones." Then while he was talking, they showed a clip of a bearded Indy trudging through a snowfield, and I was like, "Wait a minute, what? It looks like he's playing Indy again. He's even got the whip. What the heck is that clip from?"

It drove me crazy until a few years later I found out in was a Young Indy episode. I'm anxious to get the last two DVD volumes so that I can finally see it. :)

metalinvader

Michael24 said:
It drove me crazy until a few years later I found out in was a Young Indy episode. I'm anxious to get the last two DVD volumes so that I can finally see it. :)

Never seen the bookends???

Here ya go!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BZnHZrA6rNs&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BZnHZrA6rNs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

How I miss the old opening! *sigh*

tupogirl

I don't think I saw the 3 movies until after I saw Harrison on Young Indy.:) I think it helped get me more hooked though.

Stoo

When you first learned or saw Harrison's cameo as a 51 year old Indy, were you shocked? Suprised? After all, this was our first filmed Indy adventure since Last Crusade, even if it was only for ten minutes or so. I liked it, but I don't know they jumped from 1938 to 1950.
Did you like it?
After the preview featured on Entertainment Tonight I was completely stoked for Ford's appearance
and apart from the last few seconds, found it immensely enjoyable. (Still do, too.)

Anyway, Raiders112390, you already started a thread with the same title!:whip:
Wyoming, 1950
LostArk said:
I was reading about the show and trying to decide whether I should watch it or not and when I found out he was in an episode, I knew I had to watch it.
You were "tyring to decide"?:rolleyes: It's Indiana Jones!

LostArk

Stoo said:
You were "tyring to decide"?:rolleyes: It's Indiana Jones!

I know but I was under the impression it was some un-George Lucas/non-canon/cheap production that nobody knew about. Now I know I was wrong :eek:

Crack that whip

I was already a regular watcher of the series (well, to the extent that I could be, given its somewhat irregular airings), so I always looked forward to each new episode anyway, but when I read about a special upcoming movie-length episode with the original Indy himself, I was even more jazzed than usual.

tupogirl

Crack that whip said:
I was already a regular watcher of the series (well, to the extent that I could be, given its somewhat irregular airings), so I always looked forward to each new episode anyway, but when I read about a special upcoming movie-length episode with the original Indy himself, I was even more jazzed than usual.

BWAHAHAHA!

Way of the dodo

I remember thinking the beginning was great but the end was lame. (and the main jazz episode would have been better as a 1hr episode than a 2)

Goonie

Way of the dodo said:
I remember thinking the beginning was great but the end was lame. (and the main jazz episode would have been better as a 1hr episode than a 2)

So what you are actually saying is the beginning was great (which I think so too) but the end "nuked the fridge"? :rolleyes: