Can Anyone help

RichardJones

First off I would like to say that if there is a thread for this already I'm sorry, Having said that I was wondering if any one here knows where on the web could I order a good Indy Jacket. I have seen a few sites for this but I am looking for the best possible Jacket as well as a website to order from. I am sure that many of you already a have a Indy jacket and may know where I can get one. I have order the Whip from noble collections and A hat from sideshow , now I want the perfect Jacket to complete the gear. Thanks (y)

Indy~Annie

i know ive been looking too.....its really hard to find one since im a girl sooooo

i think one of my friends knows a good place:) let you know if i find out anything....

eazybox

The best and most screen accurate jacket? Price no object? Go to www.tonynowak.com. He made Ford's jackets for CS and is now reproducing a stunning replica of an original screen-used Raiders jacket. It is rumored that George Lucas himself requested the Raiders replica because he was so impressed by Tony's work on the CS jacket.

You'll have to shell out $675, polus postage, for Tony's CS jacket, and close to $1,000 for the Raiders replica. Trust me, Tony's jackets are worth every penny if you can afford them. They have received unanimously popsitive reviews from Club Obi Wan members, one of the toughest groups anywhere to please.

A much lower-priced Raiders replica, which also was developed from the measurements of a screen-used jacket, can be had for a mere $150 from www.toddscostumes.com.

Jack

deckard24

eazybox said:
The best and most screen accurate jacket? Price no object? Go to www.tonynowak.com. He made Ford's jackets for CS and is now reproducing a stunning replica of an original screen-used Raiders jacket. It is rumored that George Lucas himself requested the Raiders replica because he was so impressed by Tony's work on the CS jacket.

You'll have to shell out $675, polus postage, for Tony's CS jacket, and close to $1,000 for the Raiders replica. Trust me, Tony's jackets are worth every penny if you can afford them. They have received unanimously popsitive reviews from Club Obi Wan members, one of the toughest groups anywhere to please.

A much lower-priced Raiders replica, which also was developed from the measurements of a screen-used jacket, can be had for a mere $150 from www.toddscostumes.com.

Jack
Jack, I can't remember did you eventually get a Todd's jacket? If so how have you liked it?

eazybox

deckard24 said:
Jack, I can't remember did you eventually get a Todd's jacket? If so how have you liked it?

I bought one of the first Todd Standards about a year ago, and love it! For the price, it is one amazing jacket. It is probably the most popular Indy jacket out there now, and also one of the most accurate.

The biggest problem people have seems to be with the sizing as they tend to run small, so you should look at Todd's sizing charts and maybe even email him with any questions you have before ordering. He makes it easy for you to return jackets if they don't fit you, but I believe he no longer will pay for the return postage as he used to.

I think I remember you saying that you like to layer your clothing, and that's why I emphasized this point. If you are not sure, just order one size up from the usual size you wear.

Jack

deckard24

eazybox said:
I bought one of the first Todd Standards about a year ago, and love it! For the price, it is one amazing jacket. It is probably the most popular Indy jacket out there now, and also one of the most accurate.

The biggest problem people have seems to be with the sizing as they tend to run small, so you should look at Todd's sizing charts and maybe even email him with any questions you have before ordering. He makes it easy for you to return jackets if they don't fit you, but I believe he no longer will pay for the return postage as he used to.

I think I remember you saying that you like to layer your clothing, and that's why I emphasized this point. If you are not sure, just order one size up from the usual size you wear.

Jack
Thanks man!!:hat: I'm definitely thinking of ordering one, they look fantastic! Did you weather yours at all? I read about using hot water on them to break them in, you ever hear about this method?

eazybox

deckard24 said:
Thanks man!!:hat: I'm definitely thinking of ordering one, they look fantastic! Did you weather yours at all? I read about using hot water on them to break them in, you ever hear about this method?

Yes, I've heard about it and seen some examples that look good, but I have never tried it myself, so I can't speak from experience there; I used to sandpaper my jackets and the Aldens years ago. These days I only wear the jackets and, occasionally, the hats, and I prefer to leave them alone to distress naturally.

I think it was Indyfalco who put his Todds Standard through an extreme torture test by actually dragging it behind a truck for miles along rocky back roads. I saw photos of that jacket and it looked great, so they seem to be a lot tougher and more durable than many people at first thought they would be.

But, of course, if you want to try things like that it would forfeit your return priveleges, so proceed at your own risk! ;)

Jack

Mr. Fusion

The best possible Raiders jacket you can buy is a Gibson and Barnes (or Flight Suits, as they are now called): Expedition. They are very expensive, but well worth it if you're looking for the most accurate ROTLA jacket.

The Expedition Jacket

I myself have a Wested Special Offer Raiders jacket. And I couldn't be happier.

DocWhiskey

I have the standard Todd's jacket and it's amazing and the cheap. I recommend it if you're on a budget.

eazybox

Mr. Fusion said:
The best possible Raiders jacket you can buy is a Gibson and Barnes (or Flight Suits, as they are now called): Expedition. They are very expensive, but well worth it if you're looking for the most accurate ROTLA jacket.

The Expedition Jacket

I myself have a Wested Special Offer Raiders jacket. And I couldn't be happier.

The jury is still out, but Tony Nowak may have just trumped both Todd and G&B as the maker of the best quality and most accurate Raiders replica, having reproduced an original screen-used jacket that was loaned to him by someone "very high up" (the rumor is it was GL himself). However (though I don't own one) the G&B is by reputation a very high quality jacket, too. In fact, we might as well drag US Wings and Magnoli Clothiers into the mix, too. You could do a lot worse than any of these choices. ;)

Jack

joebloggs

Like I said in a previous thread, I have a wested and I think that anyone who owns one will say the same thing. They are fantastic jackets, and fit to a tee. I would advise getting yours custom fitted, and not off the rack. I live in Canada and just emailed wested with my measurements (I am always a little skeptical when you ask for something tailored without physically being there to get sized up) and I can honestly say I was surprised at how well the jacket fitted when I tried it on as I have had problems with off the rack jackets in the past.(y)

Asiano Jones

Best Jacket

I know a lot of companies make replica jackets these days and I know that many people here have suggested some good companies, but WESTED LEATHER is the ONLY place to get the best indy jacket. Made from the original patterns used in the trilogy, and hand -crafted to simply be the best. Totally customizable and fitted exactly to your specifications. Reasonably priced at around $300+ depending on features. Go to indygear.com for complete details. I own a Raiders version and love it. Hope this helps.:D

Mickiana

Re Joebloggs and Asiano Jones - spot on. The Lambskin Raiders jacket is superb. If you are not sure of your measurements, go to a Tailor and get them to measure you up, then just choose the style you want from wested.com.