Raiders IMAX Poster

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Though I do feel cheated out of a peek at:

Considering you and the little lady in the kitchen:

I wonder if the blinds were open or closed.

Rocket Surgeon said:
What an awesome picture!

(y)

Always thought he was fool for marrying that alcoholic firebrand.

Should have gone for the blonde syphilitic one instead.

Montana Smith said:
Always thought he was fool for marrying that alcoholic firebrand. Should have gone for the blonde syphilitic one instead.
You're missing all the tell tale signs, Indy Fan! That's "prequel" Indy!

...and Marion didn't have that Willie physique!

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
You're missing all the tell tale signs, Indy Fan! That's "prequel" Indy!

...and Marion didn't have that Willie physique!

You were talking about Indy? :confused:

I was talking about JuniorJones. :p

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Ha! What's the difference in this instance?!

The blonde syphilitic one didn't hit so hard.

Drgterr4.jpg

indytim

NICE! I was considering purchasing one of those myself. It actually looks better than I thought it would so thanks for sharing :hat:

indyclone25 said:
here is a few pics of my imax banner i got on ebay from the phillipines
indyimaxposter001.jpg

indytim

For anyone wanting to get a closer look at (and appreciate) Mark Raats' astounding work on this poster art I've posted the following scan. It's 3363 x 5000 pixels hence the enormous size. You can get a closer look at Mark's craftsmanship and sheer genius at capturing Harrison Ford's likeness. I really like his slightly rough pencil strokes.

But I am no way suggesting you use this scan get a poster printed. Hopefully Lucasfilm will issue an official print minus the Blu-ray advert banner. I personally would like to see it released in its original form, that being to celebrate Raiders' 30th anniversary ... http://markraats.deviantart.com/gallery/25800395#/d3gpdqf

Enjoy :hat:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1420821/Raiders-of-the-Lost-Ark-dfe96c2c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
indyclone25 said:
no fight , just a misunderstanding, things will be cool . :D see a smily face .:D :D :D look now three smily faces !

You know I love you, man as I am captivated by your never ending enthusiasm for the world of Indy. Although I'm on my horse over the bootlegs it doesn't not diminish my respect for yourself as a fan as I feel you do everything via your passion.

If I could give you a Sallah, style bear hug I would.:D :D :D :D Four, back at ya!

Anyway...whom else could help out with the artcard by donating there own son!!

fancard-1.jpg

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
rs said:
Junior, you're not jealous because his poster is bigger than yours (or mine for that matter!), are you?

Damn right I am! But hopefully the postman will resolved that.:D

rs said:
What an awesome picture!

Yeah! This will be an artist impression when we get to court!!!

ms said:
Always thought he was fool for marrying that alcoholic firebrand. Should have gone for the blonde syphilitic one instead.

She had a choice between a guy that faced a firing squad and myself. I guess he won!

Last edited:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
indytim said:
For anyone wanting to get a closer look at (and appreciate) Mark Raats' astounding work on this poster art I've posted the following scan. It's 3363 x 5000 pixels hence the enormous size. You can get a closer look at Mark's craftsmanship and sheer genius at capturing Harrison Ford's likeness. I really like his slightly rough pencil strokes.

But I am no way suggesting you use this scan get a poster printed. Hopefully Lucasfilm will issue an official print minus the Blu-ray advert banner. I personally would like to see it released in its original form, that being to celebrate Raiders' 30th anniversary ... http://markraats.deviantart.com/gallery/25800395#/d3gpdqf

Enjoy.

Your just encouraging the bootleggers now. If you think Lucasfilm or any licencee will be inclined to release an official version when the market is saturated with fakes, impacting on their margins, I think you'd be mistaken.

indytim

JuniorJones said:
Your just encouraging the bootleggers now. If you think Lucasfilm or any licencee will be inclined to release an official version when the market is saturated with fakes, impacting on their margins, I think you'd be mistaken.

I hope not! I would hope that members of this board wouldn't be so unscrupulous!

Besides, the Blu-ray footer/banner spoils the poster art I posted. It makes it look like something to hang in a store window not framed on a wall.

KramStaar

Many thanks for your kind words IndyTim - warmly appreciated to be sure.

Regarding the hi-res image, lets be honest, IndyTim is NOT responsible for people downloading this file and making fakes - it was posted on-line long before he shared it here....

Personally, I'm not sure what possessed either Lucasfilm or Paramount to make such a high resolution available because it has to encourage the fakers to exploit the image. Indeed, there were copies on eBay that sold for around $300.00 only the day after it was released to the press.

Hopefully, the one's that will become desirable - and are easily be separated from the fakes - will be the posters that I sign….

Regards

MARK

Last edited:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
KramStaar said:
Regarding the hi-res image, lets be honest, IndyTim is NOT responsible for people downloading this file and making fakes - it was posted on-line long before he shared it here....

Your right! I was just questioning the need for such a post but it's a beautiful image and you can't fault the enthuisam.:D

KramStaar said:
Personally, I'm not sure what possessed either Lucasfilm or Paramount to make such a high resolution available because it has to encourage the fakers to exploit the image.

That was strange as they made additional efforts to protect the mini-posters.

KramStaar said:
Indeed, there were copies on eBay that sold for around $300.00 only the day after it was released to the press.

Did they sell?

KramStaar said:
Hopefully, the one's that will become desirable - and are easily be separated from the fakes - will be the posters that I sign...

(y) (y)

indytim

KramStaar said:
Many thanks for your kind words IndyTim - warmly appreciated to be sure.

Personally, I'm not sure what possessed either Lucasfilm or Paramount to make such a high resolution available because it has to encourage the fakers to exploit the image. Indeed, there were copies on eBay that sold for around $300.00 only the day after it was released to the press.

Hopefully, the one's that will become desirable - and are easily be separated from the fakes - will be the posters that I sign?.

Regards

MARK

Regards Lucasfilm's failing to release this artwork as a print or poster, I can only guess that their decision is based on simple economics. I figure after production and distribution costs they probably think they're not going to turn a profit issuing artwork promoting a 30 year old movie hence the lack of a release. But, that said, if they did make it a limited edition as opposed to mass market it's bound to sell out. Just look at the success that Mondo (http://www.mondotees.com) have with their limited release prints. Those things sell out in minutes of being tweeted. I'm sure if the Lucasfilm Fan Club was still running they would have offered a print of this new Raiders poster. As a member myself I recall them offering numerous exclusive posters and prints of both Star Wars and Indiana Jones art.

Personally, I'd love a high quality print of this piece by Mark framed and adorning my living room wall. Amsel's posters have always been my favourites but this piece is a strong contender for my all-time ideal Raiders poster. Mark's choice for Indy's expression is spot on ... determined without being too grim. And the use of the golden and brown hues gives it a perfect tonality (y)

I almost feel like approaching Lucasfilm and telling them I'll manage its release myself if they can't be bothered! Just under a year ago I arranged the creation, printing and sale of this charity Rocketeer print (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290778970...:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649#ht_1336wt_1413), which I'm still selling on eBay so it's not beyond me.

At the end of the day I'd just like all us true Raiders fans the opportunity to own this truly wonderful artistic celebration of the greatest adventure film ever made (y)

KramStaar

G'day all --

My apologies for the slow feedback regarding the IMAX one sheet. I have been very busy and Lucasfilm has been likewise so its taken longer to get back to you than I had hoped.

I will be getting a very limited number of posters this coming week and because they're so very scarce, I thought it would be best to set up a list of people interested in acquiring a signed copy. I can confirm that these are the 27 x 40 inch one sheets but regrettably, they will be sold on a first come, first served basis.

The posters will be available from me in the next week or so at a price of $225.00 including me signing them and posted - rolled in a tube - anywhere in the world.

For those interested, a link has been provided here:
http://www.markraats.com/Store - Raiders of the Lost Ark IMAX one sheet poster.htm

Cheers and best..

MARK

Now%20Showing01.jpg

$225? I like the poster, (the titles are abhorrent though)...is it the signature that commands the price?

...or is an actual painting?!

Rolling a painting sounds problematic!

Rocket Surgeon said:
$225? I like the poster, (the titles are abhorrent though)...is it the signature that commands the price?

...or is an actual painting?!

Rolling a painting sounds problematic!

This poster should command the price. Come on...this print signed by the artist himself. How much do you think an original signed Amsel Raiders poster would go for now? This one will be worth even more 30+ years from now. And not to knock the Amsel original in any way, but the Mark Ratts Imax poster artwork is 1000 times nicer. In my opinion.
The 27x40 original Imax print goes for $100+ on eBay by itself, so to have the artist's signature on it, is well worth it for this beauty!
Not to mention these limited quantity posters are direct from Lucasfilm.